Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox County 14 Northern Pulaski 12
KYMSFA history today as Northern Pulaski becomes the first 7th grade champion to fail to win 8th the next season. Congrats Coach Foley, it could not have happened to a better guy.
I don't know you Thomcat but couldn't agree more. My heart is all smiles tonight.
Congrats Knox County, Great Win
The Northern coaches said before the game "all I've heard about is Ethan Mills, let's go show them who the best in the state is"

Unfortunately for them, we learned that the best in the state is Ethan Mills. At first after hearing so much, I was disappointed because he isn't as fast as I expected. The more I watched the more I was blown away. What an elusive, tough running halfback.. Several kids for Knox made some big plays. Thought from my angle the last QB fumble when he was trying to get away from pressure was a bad call, but they made big play after big play and earned the W.
Congrats to Knox.. It's however unfortunate that jabs like the one above have to be done.
THOMCAT Wrote:KYMSFA history today as Northern Pulaski becomes the first 7th grade champion to fail to win 8th the next season. Congrats Coach Foley, it could not have happened to a better guy.

Thomcat your a real classless person! I guess your still crying because Foley sent your beloved Eagles home last week.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The Northern coaches said before the game "all I've heard about is Ethan Mills, let's go show them who the best in the state is"

Unfortunately for them, we learned that the best in the state is Ethan Mills. At first after hearing so much, I was disappointed because he isn't as fast as I expected. The more I watched the more I was blown away. What an elusive, tough running halfback.. Several kids for Knox made some big plays. Thought from my angle the last QB fumble when he was trying to get away from pressure was a bad call, but they made big play after big play and earned the W.
First of all Congrats to Knox who played a great game and out of the two games they played this year they won the one that mattered. I do agree Mills is a good back but he's not what won Knox the game,Knox has one of the best Front lines in the state! Their big and strong and can move very well! They are what won Knox the game. Also if you want to talk about bad calls go back and watch the film and see what a horrible spot they got on 4th and 1 that cost north the game!
Give the ball to 22 on 4th and 1 and it doesn't matter! What the hell do I care, I was neutral in this one.
I watched a great middle school football game when North Pulaski and Knox played. Two evenly matched teams grinding it out and either team could have won the game. Defensive battle all game. I do wonder why 22 for NP didn't get the ball on 4th and 1 but I'm not the coach. Anyway, I will be pulling for Knox to win it all.
Mustang Jax Wrote:Thomcat your a real classless person! I guess your still crying because Foley sent your beloved Eagles home last week.

Nothing relating to any games lost, more about him.
THOMCAT Wrote:Nothing relating to any games lost, more about him.

And your beef with Foley is??? He wins a lot of games? I know him very well, and the only things I have to say about the guy is he's a winner, and the kids enjoy playing for him, because he makes them better.
The Johnson County beef is simple. They're 0-9 now I believe in Coach Foley's tenure at Northern. Not really sure of the Belfry issue with him though. I don't think they've ever played Northern.

As far as the game Saturday, it was a complete battle from start to finish. I don't think anyone expected less. Both teams made big plays, both teams made mistakes. Knox just had the edge at the end. Ethan Mills is the real deal. I don't have a problem with Northern attempting to motivate their players by calling him out. It either works or it doesn't, it is what it is. The 4th & 1 play where 22 didn't get the touch is simple. Everyone in the stadium thought he would get it. Precisely why he didn't. The ref one side had the 1st, the ref on the play side didn't. That's the luck of the draw. Knox made a championship caliber play. Good luck to those guys next weekend.

As far as Coach Foley personally, I know him and we've been friends for a very long time. I'd trust him with my life outside of the game. If I'm an AD right now with any other school, my first two calls for a middle school coach would be Coach Oliver at Belfry or Coach Foley at Northern in either order depending on the scheme you want to bring. It's hard to beat both of those guys. Not only do you win games, you win championships more often than not with either one of them.
This is my sons 2nd year playing for Foley and theirs not a coach in this state I'd rather he play for! He makes these boys earn what they get.
The worst spot of the game was when Knox had the ball on 4th and 1 in 2nd quarter. What was ref looking at? Great middle school game to watch. 2 very good teams that were well coached. I still miss being around mountain football. It is good to see it is still alive and well. Belfry was impressive too.
I personally think Northern was closer on third to gettin it then on 4th. This game has a ton of ifs that could swing the outcome. When two of the best come together you expect nothing else. I was wrong about Knox, their defense is very tough. Not sure the last time someone held Northern to 12. Northerns defense was very well prepared as well. These two teams were very familiar with each other and it showed throughout the game with players and coaches correctly yelling the opposing offenses plays out before they happened. Seems like ahigh school game with all the size on the field as well.
THOMCAT Wrote:Nothing relating to any games lost, more about him.

Thanks for the clarification. Takes a real man to call someone out over an unknown personal matter on a message board they never read. A real "winless" man.
I have no issue with Foley. I think he's a helluva guy! lol
Got a lot of PM's in the last week and it still appears that it still could not have happen to a better guy.
It seems to look like Karma.
THOMCAT Wrote:Got a lot of PM's in the last week and it still appears that it still could not have happen to a better guy.

Sounds like a few cowards yapping behind the scenes or someone is lying. Northern has a lot of respect for Johnson County. Don't be the one guy with the fast fingers to ruin it for everyone.

Karma? Karma from what? No one has pointed out anything of substance. Coach Foley just led Northern to it's 4th state championship.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sounds like a few cowards yapping behind the scenes or someone is lying. Northern has a lot of respect for Johnson County. Don't be the one guy with the fast fingers to ruin it for everyone.

Karma? Karma from what? No one has pointed out anything of substance. Coach Foley just led Northern to it's 4th state championship.
WoW, cowards. That's funny coach.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:WoW, cowards. That's funny coach.

Coach Foley doesn't get on BGR, let alone have an account that I'm aware of.

I'll leave you with this. It's easy to bark, but not so easy to bite. Johnson has never bitten Northern. Not at home, not on the road, not on the moon. Never.