Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Harlan 42-Meece 6
To much SPEED to much STRENGTH and TO much Heart. Everyone bet against the wrong team! WE ARE REGIONAL CHAMPS
Congratulations Patriots!!!!
Congrats to Patriots
A lot of people thought meece would win this game. Some even predicted blowout.
I love it when that doesn't happen Confusednicker:
I had a feeling that New Harlan would win since the starting QB was out but wanted Meece to win since they are an area school. As good as he is, I don't think the Meece QB would have changed the outcome. Too much size and speed from the NH line from what I was told. Congrats to NH.
The Sheron kid may have been able to open up the offense for Meece, but it wouldn't have been a 36 point difference. New Harlan can and should win it all at this point. I assumed the winner of D3 came down to one of those two teams.
I was impressed with NH. Very strong and ran the offense to perfection.
I was pretty shocked by the score of this one. Not shocked that New Harlan won, but I did expect Meece to be a bit more competitive. This is the outcome between a team who is battle tested by a tough schedule and a team who is not. Congrats to New Harlan!
With starting quarterback it wouldn't changed anything.. New Harlan just two big and physical.. Bottom line Meece to soft and at the end of the day the score would be 30-6 .
Meece scrimmage Whitley-Bell- IT Altmon. Played Boyle- Bluegrass -Rockcastle- North and South Laoral- Corbin-Clay co-Glasgow-Foley and a travel team out of Knoxville. 3 division 1
7 division 2 teams. The two division 3 teams they played were in regional finals and they beat both handily. Meece schedule was not the problem, injuries and playing a team that has twice as many boys in the 7th and 8th Grades had a lot to do with the loss.. if New Harlin was in correct division Somerset would have been one of the better teams in division3 and may of won even after losing the best quarterback in the state. That being said NewHarlin was the better team and would be surprised if they are not the best team in state no matter what division.
Knox and NorthernPulaski both handled Whitley. North Laurel was very down this year, South isn't traditionally very good. Not taking anything away from meece but New Harlan played and beat Northern Pulaski, I think they also played Belfry and they beat bell handedly, both teams played Corbin. Their schedule prepared them for the game. Regardless of what division they are in they are definitely in the discussion for top team in the state. IMO in no order the top 4 teams of any division are Northern Pulaski, New Harlan, Belfry, and Knox. I think all teams had one loss. I haven't saw the Louisville area teams so maybe Lockwood or someone up there has saw these teams and Newburg and Crosby and can compare. Newburg must have a pretty solid team with both 7th and 8th grade teams sitting in the final four.

Losing to New Harlan isn't anything to hang your head about but blaming injuries as what division they are in is just plain old excuses. One player doesn't make a 36 point difference. Injuries are part of the game.
Did not say the Q B would of made difference. Did not take anything away from New Harlin. I'm saying the game should not of taken place. Everyone knows that New Harlin should have been in different division! It's hard to ask a team to play against schools that have that many more kids to choose from. Meece plays in a conference that has two division 1 and two division 2 teams they can't help how good or bad those teams are. I will say I've been watching Somerset for a long time and when they play on an even field they do pretty good. They are very well coached but you can't ask them to over come that much of an advantage.
Again the way I've been told is New Harlin deserved to win that game.