Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scores from Oct 8th playoff games
Fooseball Devil Wrote:No reason to beat middle school kids that bad. Total lack of class IMO.

If you would have been at the game and saw it you might think differently specifically in the first half when South Laurel found a weakness in Northern's defense and capitalized on it a few times. South ran out of gas defensibly and had bad tackling in the second half that led to a few scores by Northern.

If you wanted to call out Northern for anything, maybe, and I say maybe, the last score at the end. But also they had what was I think their 4th deep RB in and ran the ball between the tackles and he went 40 yards for the score. There was just enough time left on the clock where taking a knee would have turned the ball over to South Laurel.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:Whitley county won both games today 8th grade beat Wayne and 7th grade beat letcher

Do we have a score in the 7th grade game?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Can't say that I'm in any way surprised. No amount of classlessness is surprising coming out of Northern.

In this instance I disagree with you, like I have posted if you saw the game, you probably would think differently. I spend 3/4 of the game on South Laurels sideline and I never heard the coaches say anything at all. Actually what was very encoring to see and hear was South Laurels coaches coaching them on every play till the final whistle.
plantmanky Wrote:They only thing I will disagree with you on is that it wasnt just Northern's offense. I believe they score 3 defensive TD's and 1 maybe 2 on special teams. South Laurel did expose a couple weakness in Northern's defense, just didnt have enough horses to keep it going.

Not saying I'm for winning this big, but I'm definitely not against it. It happens at every level, every year.
From what I've gathered from fans and a coach plantmanky summed it up. Northern struggled in coverage, and had missed tackles as well. NP just happened to be many points better in this one. Could probably play it 100 more times and never be that high scoring, the ball just bounced NP way several times today. If it's classless to beat a team by 50-60 it's just as classless to put down that team for putting in the work to be able to do so. Especially when every kid on that team got ample playing time. Kudos to NP on a nice win, for the rest you don't have to like it, but you have to respect it.
plantmanky Wrote:In this instance I disagree with you, like I have posted if you saw the game, you probably would think differently. I spend 3/4 of the game on South Laurels sideline and I never heard the coaches say anything at all. Actually what was very encoring to see and hear was South Laurels coaches coaching them on every play till the final whistle.
Thank you for being a respectable human being. And that coaching is exactly why SL will be a good team in the future. Coaches like that are what we need more of in the state. Coach your team and make them better, and don't worry about what's going on across the field. Much respect for that staff!
Not to get off track, but other than the wind, could the weather have been any more perfect for Playoff football today. Outstanding.
Why does no one talk about Murray?
plantmanky Wrote:They only thing I will disagree with you on is that it wasnt just Northern's offense. I believe they score 3 defensive TD's and 1 maybe 2 on special teams. South Laurel did expose a couple weakness in Northern's defense, just didnt have enough horses to keep it going.
That makes more sense to me then.
A fan told me every time Northern would get close to running clock, South Laurel would score and that happened up until northern finally was at 65 or more before running clock finally happened.
Round 1 was great, I think the teams everyone thought would win did and it had a little drama.

Round 2 is gonna be a blast.
10/8/16 SCORES
8TH D1
SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 2 38 JOHNSON TRAD VS 0 FARNSLEY
Region 2 24 RAMSEY VS 6 MOORE
Region 2 2 MEYZEEK VS 0 OLMSTED NORTH
Region 2 38 CROSBY VS 8 MEADE COUNTY
Region 3 30 KAMMERER VS 14 JCTMS
Region 3 46 WESTPORT VS 0 NOE
Region 4 82 NORTHERN PULASKI VS 26 SOUTH LAUREL
Region 4 28 JOHNSON COUNTY VS 6 NORTH LAUREL
Region 4 40 WHITLEY COUNTY VS 32 WAYNE COUNTY
Region 4 38 KNOX COUNTY VS 0 SOUTHERN PULASKI

8D2
Region 1 22 LOGAN COUNTY VS 0 FRANKLIN SIMPSON
Region 3 46 LEX CATH VS 0 SOUTH OLDHAM
Region 3 36 SHELBY EAST VS 8 HENRY COUNTY

8D3
Region 1 46 RUSSELLVILLE VS 6 WEBSTER
Region 2 38 FOLEY VS 0 METCALFE
Region 3 24 LCA VS 6 GALLATIN CO
Region 4 54 MEECE VS 8 HAZARD
Region 4 42 ADAMS VS 16 MOUNTIAN VIEW
Region 4 44 WILLIAMSBURG VS 42 PHELPS

7TH
Region 1 12 LOGAN COUNTY VS 6 FRANKLIN SIMPSON
Region 1 36 GRAVES COUNTY VS 0 EDMONSON COUNTY
Region 2 42 CAMPBELLSVILLE VS 20 FARNSLEY
Region 2 10 HIGHLAND VS 0 CROSBY
Region 3 6 BARRET VS 0 WESTPORT
Region 3 46 NEWBERG VS 0 UNION RAIDERS
Region 3 14 BONDURANT VS 7 LEX CATH
Region 3 6 ELKHORN VS 0 LCA
Region 4 42 NORTHERN PULASKI VS 16 ASHLAND
Region 4 30 JOHNSON COUNTY VS 16 NORTH LAUREL
Region 4 28 WHITLEY COUNTY VS 14 LETCHER CENTRAL
Region 4 44 CORBIN VS 6 SOUTHERN PULASKI
Thanks for the scores,just a couple more I wanted to ask about!
D2 Warren east vs Moss
D3 New Harland vs Pikeville
7th Bowling Green vs Drakes Creek
Pikeville and Paintsville, both forfeit, moss forfeit it was on another form
SWpride Wrote:Pikeville and Paintsville, both forfeit, moss forfeit it was on another form

Ok thanks.
What about 7th grade Bowling Green?
Proud of our jackets. They kept hope and battled through
Phelps was an impressive team the running back is definitely no push over. That kid has heart
Is meece fully healthy yet
I know everyone has chosen meece to win but how does Adams square up against them. Is it gonna be a good match up or a barn burner
Fooseball Devil Wrote:No reason to beat middle school kids that bad. Total lack of class IMO.

I'll take the bait. It's ironic that the LWC guy is arguing this point. Were you that upset when LWC beat Cincinnati Christian 84-0 a few weeks back? It was a 56 point win for Northern. That happens weekly across the state at all levels. Get out of here.

Northern led at the end of the 1st 36-14. South Laurel was on pace here to score 56 throughout the game and you want the Maroons to pull the horses with 36? That's probably why your Whitley team is so gullible year in and year out. It's shows a "total lack of class" now, but if SL shuts North completely out and hits their 56-point mark, your season is over and your saying, "Man, Northern really screwed the pooch when they let up before a running clock took effect." Northern hit the 36-point running clock when it hit 60-20 in the closing minutes of the 2nd quarter. Adding 1 more defensive TD before the half to hit 68. 2nd half was 2nd, 3rd, & 4th string deep on offense. Northern won the 2nd half 14-6.

South Laurel wasn't a fluke. They were a decent team with a decent offense. That was the 2nd game this year Northern gave up as many as 26 points, the other one being the LOSS to New Harlan. Ask how many times in the past few years Northern has allowed 26 points in a game. It won't be many. Good luck to South Laurel. Their future is bright.
blue bomber Wrote:What kind of person does that

That's a good question. Coach Matney at Johnson Central beat Boyd County 56-0 a couple weeks back. Same margin as Northern over South Laurel. You could ask him since he's a little closer to your neck of the woods.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Can't say that I'm in any way surprised. No amount of classlessness is surprising coming out of Northern.

The Northern hate is strong with this one. Obviously you weren't at this game & just have a personal bone to pick.
Even when u sub down those kids want to play as well and as a coach tour not going to tell your young players to not try. Regardless of what the score is.
Me and wildcat18 don't always see eye to eye with all of our Southern/Northern love, but he is right. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago Meece was up 60-6 in 3rd qter against North Laurel?, and beat hazard 54-8 was up 46-0 in 2nd qter, New Harlan 62-38 on Corbin? I went to Northern game, but not Meece or Southern due to work this weekend, and I'm telling you not these 2 teams fault, nor the coaches. Both those teams 2nd string players would start at other schools. A bunch of special team, and defensive TD's, and Northern B team scored a few. Same with Meece and Hazard and the meece RB was beyond insane. My friend who's son plays for Meece sent me a clip of him slamming a defender with left arm while running for a punt return TD. This is also why its high seed versus low seed for a reason. They are a lower seed for a reason, as Northen is a #1 seed for a reason. Shall I not mention Michigan/Rutgers and Washington Game. Its football people.
Mustang Jax Wrote:What about 7th grade Bowling Green?

Game is being played tuesday oct 11th.
Wildcat18 Wrote:The Northern hate is strong with this one. Obviously you weren't at this game & just have a personal bone to pick.

Didn't have to be at the game. It was stated obviously. Northern scored by a margin of 21-6 AFTER the clock started to run. I'll even concede that the last score of the first half was legit. Keep your team playing till the half even if the clock is running. That being said, if I'm not mistaken there are 8 minutes per quarter in 8th grade football. That means northern still scored 14 points with 16 minutes of running clock, and south scored 6. There is no way that I believe northern wasn't still trying to score as many as they could. That being said, my distain isn't only for northern, it's for all of Pulaski county, southern and Meece included.
plantmanky Wrote:Game is being played tuesday oct 11th.

Ok, Thanks
Mark_my_words Wrote:Sounds like there are a lot of haters out there. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. It is the opposing teams job to stop it. Besides I would say many of those scores came not bc NP was trying to score, it was probably BC SL was to bad to stop them at all. Apparently NP had hung 68 at half and played scrubs from 2nd quarter on. Just says a lot about how good NP offense is and has been, compared to SL.
I'm not understanding the whole thing about people being "haters" because of saying something about a middle school team putting up 80 points. It does have a psychological toll on the youth. I think that's why you don't see it a lot. Sportsmanship says a lot. Other coaches, parents, kids, schools see those things.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Didn't have to be at the game. It was stated obviously. Northern scored by a margin of 21-6 AFTER the clock started to run. I'll even concede that the last score of the first half was legit. Keep your team playing till the half even if the clock is running. That being said, if I'm not mistaken there are 8 minutes per quarter in 8th grade football. That means northern still scored 14 points with 16 minutes of running clock, and south scored 6. There is no way that I believe northern wasn't still trying to score as many as they could. That being said, my distain isn't only for northern, it's for all of Pulaski county, southern and Meece included.

Nobody said Northern wasn't trying to score,What are you going to do tell your 3rd and 4th string players that hardly ever get on the field to just lay down and take a knee! That's their opportunity to show what they can do in hopes of earning playing time in the future! As far as your distain for Northern I can understand that! It's hard to like a team that comes to your home field and puts a running clock on both 7th and 8th grade and you can't blame the refs for it!
SWpride Wrote:Me and wildcat18 don't always see eye to eye with all of our Southern/Northern love, but he is right. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago Meece was up 60-6 in 3rd qter against North Laurel?, and beat hazard 54-8 was up 46-0 in 2nd qter, New Harlan 62-38 on Corbin? I went to Northern game, but not Meece or Southern due to work this weekend, and I'm telling you not these 2 teams fault, nor the coaches. Both those teams 2nd string players would start at other schools. A bunch of special team, and defensive TD's, and Northern B team scored a few. Same with Meece and Hazard and the meece RB was beyond insane. My friend who's son plays for Meece sent me a clip of him slamming a defender with left arm while running for a punt return TD. This is also why its high seed versus low seed for a reason. They are a lower seed for a reason, as Northen is a #1 seed for a reason. Shall I not mention Michigan/Rutgers and Washington Game. Its football people.
It is football. It's a tough sport. Most coaches won't tell their players not to try. Sometimes it goes their way. Open lanes and so forth. But it's still 11,12, 13 yr old kids. With all that being said. It will be forgotten fairly soon by everybody. Except the kids.