Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scores from Oct 8th playoff games
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're up 30 points....put as many subs in as you can...both sides of the ball. Run your basic offense and defense. If you find yourself in the last minute....and in the red zone....you take a knee. I'm not for beating kids 40-50 points or even more.

You should chat with Coach Haywood and quite possibly find another school to cheer for. His last outing was a 49-0 blowout. Had wins of 62-0, 43-0, 52-6 last season. Not blowing folks out should be very easy for Belfry with the offense they run. He should take it easy on inferior opponents. In previous years, Northern has taken beatings and has been on the other side of a running clock. Not one time have I heard anyone complain about it.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Heck ask Tony Love why he beat East Carter 63-0. Yes he did play his starters into the 4th quarter. That's running the score up. Now Matney pulled his studs on offense after the score was 21-0. Was it classless that Louisville beat FSU 63-20? Classless Michigan won 78-0? How bout that one time Ohio State beat Rutgers 58-0? Boy Urban Meyer is a monster! Boy that darn Meece beating North Laurel by 54 was sure a classless act. Geez folks 56 is not a big margin by any means. It happens, this was a case of a higher scoring game in the 1st half, tired 1's against fresh 2's and 3's in the second half.

Those are scholarship athletes. They're given a $50,000 education to play football. They're not middle school kids. Those teams are also playing for a spot in the college football playoffs. If Ohio state beats Rutgers by 14 it hurts their chances of making the playoffs. Think about this, if FSU beats Clemson by less than 43 points then Louisville will be the champ of the ACC. It's a different equation and a different mentality. The only reason a team wins by 50+ points in middle school is to stroke a coaches ego.
Good, grief. I think we should go back to how nice the weather was last week end to quiet listening to whining people that can't stand having there butt handed to them. I'm anti giving a team a trophy for losing a game, I believe if you can't tackle you are going to get scored on, BAD, and I believe that the weather will be nice this weekend as it was last weekend.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Those are scholarship athletes. They're given a $50,000 education to play football. They're not middle school kids. Those teams are also playing for a spot in the college football playoffs. If Ohio state beats Rutgers by 14 it hurts their chances of making the playoffs. Think about this, if FSU beats Clemson by less than 43 points then Louisville will be the champ of the ACC. It's a different equation and a different mentality. The only reason a team wins by 50+ points in middle school is to stroke a coaches ego.

I was unaware that Meece payed kids $50,000 on scholarship and Ashland payed their players that kind of money (although I was aware of the NCAA players with scholarships).