Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Warriors
Well this just shows how much public knows. Coach Russell has no family ties in Somerset. He was hired because of the strong recommendations from J. Hines and L. French. What did he do, exactly the same thing as the previous staff with the group of kids from 7th to this years 8th grade. The real deal is right now Boys teams are down @ Southern look at baseball last year and basketball this year. It happens, 2 things can happen, parents can keep making excuses and blaming coaches or the kids can bust their butts in off-seasons, work hard and become good high school players. To much emphasis on what happens in middle school. Good example; Southern defeated The senior group from bowling Green for middle school state in 2012 49-0 look what bowling green did as high school players.
For one he did not have any "recommendations" nobody in the county likes him. Larry French did not want him hired nor did he recommend him. Second there is a fine line in having no talent and being over the top. Was there a talent deficiency? Sure. What compounds the situation is coaching style. When you are constantly an aConfusedhh:Confusedhh: then the kids quit on you. The logic in that blows my mind. We do not have any talent and we are undermanned. What should I do? Yell my brains out. That seems to be the best route to take.
Nobody likes to lose but when you lose the kids you lose the program. Parents are not blind they see the other teams and our team. What bothered us as parents more than anything was the way the kids were treated. Coach French doesn't coach that way yet he conveys his message. You had a 13 year old trying to run and learn the RPO in 1 summer. Are you kidding? And when he didn't get it he was called stupid. That one example sums up his coaching philosophy. Glad my kid is a freshman and that mess is over.
SouthSider Wrote:Scooter Russell needs to be Fired... The administration will now be held liable for his future actions. The parents have voice their opinion and have been ignored. This was a not a hire because of he was best qualified to represent SMS. He was hired because he has family in the administration.
I would like to see the Principal or AD observe his antics during the practices or one of the games and say " That is our Guy and we support him 100%.."

Im still waiting!
I honestly do not know why he is even teaching or coaching and putting up with all this negativity. His granddad started the Russell Athletic Company and left his entire fortune to Scooter just before his passing. So the mans a multi-millionaire. I guess either he loves teaching and coaching or maybe alimony and child support ate away at his fortune. At last count he supposedly had 32 kids and 30 baby mommies in 28 different states. The SMS parents might not like him but the ladies LOVE him.
Looks like Southsider took his ball and went home, par for the course.
Who is the new coach at southern?