Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 football season
what time does New Harlan and Northern start?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Laker, How did you come to determine that those would be the champs this year?

in D1, you have to go with history and that says that if you win the 7th grade title you end up winning the 8th too, so that right now would lean N. Pulaski.

In D2, Who can stop Belfry?

In D3, I like CAL and Meece

JV/7th division, I fin dit hard cause most have only had one game or haven't played at all, but I'm hearing Johnson central is loaded with talent.

D1-I don't disagree with you at all about N Pulaski I seen them play bluegrass and while they put a beat down on bluegrass I thought their red zone offense was suspect. I have no doubt that coach foley will have that issue fixed very soon but I also seen bowling green and they look better this year than they did last year with tisdale. Their new coach has opened the offense and they look good.. I also think Meade county will make a strong push for the title. They are finally back to your typical Meade county ways so they are deff my sleeper pick

D2- I don't really have a good explanation lol I would just like to see someone other than belfry win it and TK returned a lot of kids back that played a lot from their semi state run last year so this pick is just hopeful thinking

D3- I picked the jumpers because I really don't follow much d3 schools outside of them and campbellsville. Meece and bluegrass played this last weekend and Meece beat them pretty good which I know ain't saying much because bluegrass is down this year

7th- I know nothing about 7th grade this year so I pick JCTMS because of the game they beat bowling green. So I picked them haha. In my honest opinion I do think a Region 4 team will win the 7th grade division but all these picks are who I would like to see
6 pm
TK Stone looks real nice this year in D2. Knox Co. as well in D1 but will still staying with Northern. Didn't see the Meece bluegrass game heard Meece had to play second half with out key players and got some 7th graders play time still was able to roll points, but gave up some too in the 2nd . Meece beat a very good Boyle co, prior weekend 22-0 so I'm taken Meece as well. If you go by Cal vs. JT Alton, and Meece vs. JT Alton it would hands down be Meece to pick but that doesn't mean much first of season.
SWpride Wrote:what time does New Harlan and Northern start?

I heard it was moved to 3:30 at PC high, because of lighting at middle school. Can I get confirmation?
SWpride Wrote:TK Stone looks real nice this year in D2. Knox Co. as well in D1 but will still staying with Northern. Didn't see the Meece bluegrass game heard Meece had to play second half with out key players and got some 7th graders play time still was able to roll points, but gave up some too in the 2nd . Meece beat a very good Boyle co, prior weekend 22-0 so I'm taken Meece as well. If you go by Cal vs. JT Alton, and Meece vs. JT Alton it would hands down be Meece to pick but that doesn't mean much first of season.

Dont know that teams should get to worried up about the Hardin Co area teams this year.
Mark_my_words Wrote:I heard it was moved to 3:30 at PC high, because of lighting at middle school. Can I get confirmation?

This is not confirmed, but it is in serious discussions. It's not just one issue, it's multiple concerns. One light pole isn't functioning at all right at the 50 & there will be some serious flooding issues in the north-side end zone if we get the rain we are supposed to get in the next two days. Always run into that concern when your practice field is also your game field. Add that to the Pepsi folks not working with us on getting the scoreboard working properly (keeps score, but no time) and the game could most likely move locations and times. The band will have first priority on high school field times, that will be out of our hands. I would assume the final call from the school administration will be made at some point on Friday. In the meantime, the mindset is to prepare as if you're playing.
Lakers_football Wrote:D1-I don't disagree with you at all about N Pulaski I seen them play bluegrass and while they put a beat down on bluegrass I thought their red zone offense was suspect. I have no doubt that coach foley will have that issue fixed very soon but I also seen bowling green and they look better this year than they did last year with tisdale. Their new coach has opened the offense and they look good.. I also think Meade county will make a strong push for the title. They are finally back to your typical Meade county ways so they are deff my sleeper pick

D2- I don't really have a good explanation lol I would just like to see someone other than belfry win it and TK returned a lot of kids back that played a lot from their semi state run last year so this pick is just hopeful thinking

D3- I picked the jumpers because I really don't follow much d3 schools outside of them and campbellsville. Meece and bluegrass played this last weekend and Meece beat them pretty good which I know ain't saying much because bluegrass is down this year

7th- I know nothing about 7th grade this year so I pick JCTMS because of the game they beat bowling green. So I picked them haha. In my honest opinion I do think a Region 4 team will win the 7th grade division but all these picks are who I would like to see

2016 JCTMS is no 2015 Johnson County. No comparison. The Steelers would look good if they were playing a Big 10 team. Another level.
plantmanky Wrote:Dont know that teams should get to worried up about the Hardin Co area teams this year.

And why do you say that? And when I was speaking about bowling green overall body of work on offense, I was making the point that last year they were a one dimensional team and the offense ran through tisdale. This year they are much more balanced
Lakers_football Wrote:And why do you say that? And when I was speaking about bowling green overall body of work on offense, I was making the point that last year they were a one dimensional team and the offense ran through tisdale. This year they are much more balanced

I will PM you first before I respond publicly.
Sorry about the mess up on Wayne, but they have a very nice team. So now i guess i will make them my sleeper in D1. New Harlan better have chinstraps buckled tight, That has to be toughest schedule i have ever seen in middle school football. They are playing all the powerhouses. Playing the defending 7th grade champs will be a big test for them Saturday, My prediction is Foley will have the maroons ready and will win By 2 TD.
After I watched the Northern vs. New Harlan game tonight, and it was a great game, and confirmed to me that Knox Co. is a more sure shot than Northern for D1. D3 I'm still staying with Meece. D2 TT Knight you got to watch out for.
TT Knight was 0-2 going into tonight's game! Please explain your reasoning for them being a team to look for?
Coach, sent you a message in response to this. I was under impression they were 2-0 according to a coach and a film I watched????????????
Sorry I meant TK Stone in D2
TK is legit!
This season is well under way now and I just have to say the Knox County Team is looking solid . They have only allowed one score this season. Their offense is crazy good with the top running back in the state. Their first 3 games were shut outs with them scoring 110 and opponents zero and the last win was also good with a score 46-8.
What is the cutoff for middle school D3?

Harlan County had 144 Boys and 145 Girls in there freshmen class in 2015.
That's a total of 298.

With three middle schools, that less than a 100 per school average....
Have great player in Dylan Hoskins!!! For Knox!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What is the cutoff for middle school D3?

Harlan County had 144 Boys and 145 Girls in there freshmen class in 2015.
That's a total of 298.

With three middle schools, that less than a 100 per school average....
It's 5 middle schools Wallins, cawood, Jaces, green hill and rosspoint.
The 5 middle schools Wallins, Cawood, Jaces, Green Hill, and Rosspoint have 170 male students. Check out Saar report for 2015-2016.
170, 6th and 7th grade male students.
FYI... Cutoff for D3 is 160. Looks like Belfry and New Harlan setup for D2 rematch. Can't wait.
We are D3 they are five schools. They do the list every two years and it was done last year.
The Saar report that shows 170 6th and 7th grade male students was done last year. New Harlan is D2. Here is the link.

http://education.ky.gov/districts/enrol/...saar).aspx
Here is the correct link

http://education.ky.gov/districts/enrol/...Total.xlsx
Well actually as has been mentioned before in another post, I believe NH had D2 numbers based on the 2015-16 SAAR but was placed in D3 last year. The numbers don't lie. Good luck.
To my understanding it was done last year and won't be counted again till next year so that would leave us in D3 am I correct.
You are correct New Harlan will be D3. Divisions won't change until next year. Best of luck to a great team.
I am just curious why it matters how close they are to the numbers for each division? Are teams really that afraid to play them? Cause it sounds like it to me and if I remember correctly, they have won ZERO state titles!!

So why the fuss? If we are complaining about this should we also complain about private schools who can pull kids from other counties or JCPS teams who can allow any kid in county in there school if they apply?