• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
I thought it was time to put the other thread to rest.

As the train wreck continues who is next? As said many times if you are going to let a very successful coach go you better have a plan. Obviously this never dawned on the leadership Confusednicker:of Bell Co. Schools.
They were afraid to let Middlesboro out do them
Finis Wrote:I thought it was time to put the other thread to rest.

As the train wreck continues who is next? As said many times if you are going to let a very successful coach go you better have a plan. Obviously this never dawned on the leadership Confusednicker:of Bell Co. Schools.

I thought for sure they already had somebody in mind when they fired Mills.
pjdoug Wrote:I thought for sure they already had somebody in mind when they fired Mills.

If they didn't there should be hell to be paid for what seems to be complete incompetence by the powers to be at Bell...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Have they forgot the kids?
OldJacket Wrote:If they didn't there should be hell to be paid for what seems to be complete incompetence by the powers to be at Bell...

It is a complete training on how not to do a coaching hire!!

E's Army Wrote:Have they forgot the kids?

They never think or thought of the kids. That becomes obvious when you examine everything they have done in every decision, just happens to be the coaching move grabs the headlines.

Not sure who is next or even if anyone is interested in getting involved in the mess they have made?
Is Scott Chaney an option?
Heard Mark Stoops has an interview on Monday.
OldJacket Wrote:If they didn't there should be hell to be paid for what seems to be complete incompetence by the powers to be at Bell...

I agree. They are starting to remind me of a county school that borders Bell County.
Big Don Wrote:Heard Mark Stoops has an interview on Monday.

:dudecomeon:
footballfever Wrote:Is Scott Chaney an option?

Nope, he quit on the middle school twice when the talent took a downturn. But then again maybe we should take who we can get??:igiveup:
I kept reading this in the other thread about the Bell County administration being at fault and the ones to blame in all of this.

I have no idea what's true and what's not about Mills except for the illegal scrimmages that they were busted on. But, if the other rumors are true like the mooning incident and other discipline related things, is the administration really at fault here?

I don't like what's happened one bit in the midst of all this for all parties involved. I hope Mills gets another chance as I'm sure he will and I hope this proud program doesn't run off the tracks like so many out there seem to think is inevitable?

I just wanted to put out some food for thought.
If you really read the threads it is more how the administration has handled the process and who is in charge of the process. If you knew these people you would understand.
WhyLie Wrote:If you really read the threads it is more how the administration has handled the process and who is in charge of the process. If you knew these people you would understand.

Like I said, I don't know what's true and what's not. I guess it's just one of those things where you have to be there and really know what went on. Such as most things in life.
These guys are trying to hire something they know nothing about and have help from a guy that knows less. They will not put together a support committee , their egos are going to really hurt our program. It is like a mechanic building a house, that has never drove a nail.
You guys are going down the same road we did at Clay County last year with our coaching hire, trust me, it gets worse. We had unknowledgable committee choosing candidates as well and look how we ended up.
Bell and Clay are not that different. Demographics are very similar. Only difference in football is Bell has had 30 years of great coaching Hitlon, Greer, Hitlon part 2 and Mills. With the wrong hire the gap between Bell and Clay will close very,very quickly.
And most of those years coincided with the Bobby Keith era at Tigertown so football has traditionally been an after thought here, and if something don't change soon it might turn into a soccer program with the current interest level we have in football. Don't mean to hijack this thread but I don't want to see Bell to go down the path we have, they are too proud of a program with too much history to be letting this nonsense happen.
Will Superintendent step down soon?
Football has put Bell Co on the map and our super and principal will take it down.. JMO
you can't fix stupid, they need to get a committee from outside the area even if you have to pay them for a couple days work to pick the best applicant and keep all the politics and dislikes out of it. Ask members of a few in state college's coaching staff to set on a panel and recommend the best applicant.
1/4bak Wrote:you can't fix stupid, they need to get a committee from outside the area even if you have to pay them for a couple days work to pick the best applicant and keep all the politics and dislikes out of it. Ask members of a few in state college's coaching staff to set on a panel and recommend the best applicant.

I think that the major problem with that is there aren't any applicants with any quality applicants.
Then maybe not get rid of the coach you have? I am not close to situation at all but if something major didn't go down then Mills should still be coaching at Bell. Not a lot of people beating down doors to come to Eastern Kentucky.
TheTigersEye Wrote:And most of those years coincided with the Bobby Keith era at Tigertown so football has traditionally been an after thought here, and if something don't change soon it might turn into a soccer program with the current interest level we have in football. Don't mean to hijack this thread but I don't want to see Bell to go down the path we have, they are too proud of a program with too much history to be letting this nonsense happen.

Eugene Hensley had some good teams during that period so it wasn't a complete after thought. Plus you actually had to win to get in the playoffs during that period.i do agree with rest of your comments. Very easy to slide into a state of irrelevance.
Every person that has been contacted that is a big name per say coach has had no interest in stepping into this fiasco. Those in charge who have no concept or care for Bell Co football will probably have to settle for a young, no name, little experienced, with a lack of leadership ability individual. We have taken major steps backwards. Still fuming over these changes to our program.
I think I have yet to see one post supporting the people running the show or even giving them any good compliments.
That is usually very rare when it comes to that. Most schools have one or two fans on here behind the admins 100% no matter what they do.

I think it speaks volumes at the disenfranchise there is between community and school right now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think I have yet to see one post supporting the people running the show or even giving them any good compliments.
That is usually very rare when it comes to that. Most schools have one or two fans on here behind the admins 100% no matter what they do.

I think it speaks volumes at the disenfranchise there is between community and school right now.

A sane person to an insane society must appear insane.
JMO: This is a train wreck. I look for a Great Program to fall down to an average program. Sad, but an Administration can bring a program down In a hurry or keep one from being successful all along. I wish Bell Co. the best in Your search. Good Luck.
Honestly, if you're living in the county, transferring to Pineville might not be a bad idea from what I'm hearing now.
Real Badman Wrote:Honestly, if you're living in the county, transferring to Pineville might not be a bad idea from what I'm hearing now.

or Middlesboro or Whitley County Smile
  • 1(current)
  • Next