•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
If I recall Dudleys first season was not very good at Bell. Could we get a fact finder on that with scores.
NextGeneration Wrote:If I recall Dudleys first season was not very good at Bell. Could we get a fact finder on that with scores.

Hilton's first season at Bell County was 1983, not 1984, and the Bobcats finished 6-5 that year.
I think Bell was 0-11 the year before coach Hilton got there.
Bell was very good by Hilton's second year, but it took them several years to get past Cawood in that district/sub-district.
HCS Wrote:I think Bell was 0-11 the year before coach Hilton got there.
Bell was very good by Hilton's second year, but it took them several years to get past Cawood in that district/sub-district.

That is correct.
Will Dudley return if asked?
Why would he? He will not go back in classroom and they will not do 100 day contract. He has 10x the support from admin in Taylor co and much weaker class/district. Not to mention he is making more money.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Hilton's first season at Bell County was 1983, not 1984, and the Bobcats finished 6-5 that year.

I did check facts and they were 6-5 . Middlesboro beat them 56-6 and Lone Jack beat them 13-0, Pineville beat them 20-0
NextGeneration Wrote:I did check facts and they were 6-5 . Middlesboro beat them 56-6 and Lone Jack beat them 13-0, Pineville beat them 20-0

I don't think Lone Jack beat Bell in 1983.
NextGeneration Wrote:I did check facts and they were 6-5 . Middlesboro beat them 56-6 and Lone Jack beat them 13-0, Pineville beat them 20-0

Yes, they were 6-5 in '83. The scores you provide, though, are from their 0-11 season in '82. Lone Jack didn't have a school or team after the 1982-83 school year. They consolidated into BCHS for Dudley's first season.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Yes, they were 6-5 in '83. The scores you provide, though, are from their 0-11 season in '82. Lone Jack didn't have a school or team after the 1982-83 school year. They consolidated into BCHS for Dudley's first season.

They didn't consolidate until 1984. His first year was at Old Bell High in 1983.
Those are the correct scores for 1983 and Hiltons first year.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Yes, they were 6-5 in '83. The scores you provide, though, are from their 0-11 season in '82. Lone Jack didn't have a school or team after the 1982-83 school year. They consolidated into BCHS for Dudley's first season.

Nope those are the right ones for Hiltons first year in 1983
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I don't think Lone Jack beat Bell in 1983.

Info came from Pineville Sun archives, they are correct. 13-0 Lone Jack
By the way, who will be the new Coach up there? Seems the guy in charge has made a colossal blunder of this hire. We here are very glad he is a screw up. Glad someone else has jumped in our boat, if you catch my drift. Oh well, good luck, looks as if you need it.
Bell is going to need it. It is a shame what is happening.
everybody jokes about it,but is there a chance that Dudley comes back?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Why would he? He will not go back in classroom and they will not do 100 day contract. He has 10x the support from admin in Taylor co and much weaker class/district. Not to mention he is making more money.

Great support.

You called it with the district and region; they are in the most wide open region in the state...all classes. Some solid teams, but nobody that is just on a whole different level than them.
Bell County

1983 6-5 (3rd place in district. Behind to 1. Rock and 2. Cawood, no playoffs)

1984 10-1 (second place in district. lost to 1. Cawood in district, no playoffs)

1985 9-2 (second place in district. Lost to 1. Cawood in district, no playoffs)

1986 7-3 (second place in district. Lost to 1. Cawood in district, no playoffs)

1987 9-2 (Won district. Lost to Cov Cath 31-6 in second round of playoffs)

1988 9-2 (Won district. Lost to Highlands 37-12 in first round)

1989 11-0 (Won district. Lost to Cov Cath 29-7 in first round)

1990 11-0 (Won district and Region. Lost to Ashland in state semis 19-14. Finished 14-1 overall)

1991 5-5 (Won district and Region and state. Beat Meade County 35-13 in State title. Finished 10-5 Overall.)

1992 10-0 (Won district and region. Lost to Highlands 21-6 in state semis. Finished 13-1 overall. Highland won state title the next week)

1993 10-0 (won district and Region. Lost to Cov Cath in state semis 48-14. Finished 13-1 overall. Cov Cath won state title the next week.)

1994 9-1 (won district. Lost to Leslie County in region championship 36-13. Finished 11-2 Overall)

1995 9-1 (Won district. Lost to Belfry 7-0 in second round. Finished 10-2 overall)

1996 9-1 (won district and region. Lost to Highlands 16-14 in state semis. Finished
12-2 Overall. Highlands won state title the next week)

1997 6-4 (won district and region. Lost to Cov Cath 35-0 in state semis. Finished 9-5 overall. Cov Cath won state title the next week.)

Anything newer than this can be found on the KHSAA's website. I wish they would take the time to add all the seasons on there. Im sure its too hard for them to do it though since it did take me 5 minutes to look up all the way back to 1984. Let me know if you want anything else. I don't have the regular season wins and losses but they can be found I would assume.
For Shats and Giggles....

Lone Jack

(In a district with Williamsburg, Pineville, and Lynn Camp)

1979 3-8 (last place in district. no playoffs)

(In a district with Pineville, Harlan, Lynch, Cumberland, Williamsburg and Lynn Camp)

1978 3-8 (Finished 5th in district only ahead of Lynn Camp)

80-82 is hard to find stuff on.
Future Wrote:Will Dudley return if asked?

It is my understanding now that the principal has refused to and will not even entetain the idea of a Dudley Hilton return. It must be personal.
Afraid to hire somebody competent.
Dudley started at Old Bell High 1983 and did get beat by Lone Jack and Pineville and Middlesboro .1984 they came together and that started Bell High as we know it today.
E's Army Wrote:Afraid to hire somebody competent.

Looks as if you are correct.
Dudley put Bell County football on the map.
I'd like for somebody to give a game by game run down of the 91 state title season.
1975: 3-8
1976: 4-6
1977: 6-6
1978: 1-10
1979: 6-5
1980: ??
1981: ??
1982: 0-11
Sounds like everyone has said no to this job so far. When Wayne took it many of us recall he called it "his dream job" in a recorded interview. Frankly that hurt a little since we sort of felt coaching your hometown team into relevance was pretty cool too. It is just sad to see how a dream job has not turned into a smoking pile of stink that no one will touch with a 10 foot pole.

I just really hope somehow Bell lands on our schedule next year. I don't care if Nick Sabin takes the job.
Football1 Wrote:Sounds like everyone has said no to this job so far. When Wayne took it many of us recall he called it "his dream job" in a recorded interview. Frankly that hurt a little since we sort of felt coaching your hometown team into relevance was pretty cool too. It is just sad to see how a dream job has not turned into a smoking pile of stink that no one will touch with a 10 foot pole.

I just really hope somehow Bell lands on our schedule next year. I don't care if Nick Sabin takes the job.

If it happens Knox might be able to get a win against Bell.
Maybe 2017, but not 2016 schedule is done. It is pretty stout too. Knox needs to get that done. Maybe a great chance to get that monkey off their back. Finally!!! Haha
It is now a job no smart man would want I'd say. New leadership downtown with their arrogance and political power has destroyed it. Don't blame hard working coaches, parents, and players for this one. I'm sure Knox wants to play Bell as well as many others will as has been stated because it will be a new Bell as the one we had only a few weeks ago is falling under. Sickening.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next