•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
After spending some time in bell county over the holiday, the fans seem to think that woolum is who the powers want and most think that its a done deal. Im not too up on bell politics, but they seem to think that hiring him will be good for the superintendant and for some of the board members in the next school board elections. There are as many as a dozen kids who say they are transfering to pineville, cant see that happening though.
come to Williamsburg!!! We will take you and we can go to state again. Easier to win in Single A when you have pieces to the puzzle, then in Triple A or 5A
Hiring a first time head coach who is young is not a bad idea in a situation like this. He will be less concerned about all the naysayers and excuses (declining popualtion and talent levels, fan base expectations, admin, etc.). Just put your head down, train your kids, and play the game. And keep you pants up... LOL.
Heard this evening that Woolum turned down the job. This is really not a good situation. This whole situation could set Bell Co. back 3 decades.
RunItUpTheGut made this point earlier, which is very accurate, but I too have not read the first positive comment on this thread.

It's either A) How bad the administration is and/or B) the depleting population/talent level.

Even in the worst of times, you usually hear of one person saying that "Everything is going to be OK."

So, my question is this:

If things are just a year or two away from being so terribly bad, then was Mills maybe done a favor?

Because if that's the case, then maybe this was a blessing in disguise for him and it wouldn't matter if Bear Bryant came back to life, when some of these rural places in KY bottom out not even he or Nick Saban could bring them back.

Now, if the talent level isn't going to be completely depleted for years to come after the C/O 2017 graduates, unless they hire a totally incompetent tool, Bell should be OK when you factor in the demographic and socioeconomic factors that they share with many of those they have to compete against (I mentioned this topic in the original thread).

So, which one is it? Or is it both?
baller1989 Wrote:come to Williamsburg!!! We will take you and we can go to state again. Easier to win in Single A when you have pieces to the puzzle, then in Triple A or 5A

1A East in particular.

1A East and 4A East are the places to be. More parody in those semis than any in the state and it isn't even close.

Well, and the new 6A East.

Moral of the story? Want any kind of a chance if you aren't a perennial 'Whose who'? Be in the East.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:RunItUpTheGut made this point earlier, which is very accurate, but I too have not read the first positive comment on this thread.

It's either A) How bad the administration is and/or B) the depleting population/talent level.

Even in the worst of times, you usually hear of one person saying that "Everything is going to be OK."

So, my question is this:

If things are just a year or two away from being so terribly bad, then was Mills maybe done a favor?

Because if that's the case, then maybe this was a blessing in disguise for him and it wouldn't matter if Bear Bryant came back to life, when some of these rural places in KY bottom out not even he or Nick Saban could bring them back.

Now, if the talent level isn't going to be completely depleted for years to come after the C/O 2017 graduates, unless they hire a totally incompetent tool, Bell should be OK when you factor in the demographic and socioeconomic factors that they share with many of those they have to compete against (I mentioned this topic in the original thread).

It is both! Administration is a joke. It maybe a favor in the long run. They do have a decent young bunch a few years away but 3 of the best players are Coach Mills and Coach Hoskins kids. The most talented 8th grader and the 2 best 7th graders. So the problems are a lot more than the obvious. Not to mention the guy that has coached all those kids since pre-k. It just really stinks for everyone that cares! Supt don't care, principal don't ever come to games and pizza man's kid doesn't even play football.

Honestly I am glad Woolum turned it down and he will be too when it all pans outs. I think it is career suicde for whoever they swindle into taking it. It is a no win situation. I am glad my family has already played on log mountain and I am so glad none of them work in the school system.
Coach Mills was seen at the Corbin Basketball Tournament tonightConfusedhh:
baller1989 Wrote:come to Williamsburg!!! We will take you and we can go to state again. Easier to win in Single A when you have pieces to the puzzle, then in Triple A or 5A

then what in Triple A or 5 A ?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:RunItUpTheGut made this point earlier, which is very accurate, but I too have not read the first positive comment on this thread.

So, my question is this:

I find it hard to believe that some rural schools can re-load every year while others struggleConfusednicker:
Dudley
pjdoug Wrote:I find it hard to believe that some rural schools can re-load every year while others struggleConfusednicker:

Exceptions to every rule. Always has been and always will be.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Exceptions to every rule. Always has been and always will be.

I didn't mean to dispute what you said.I just meant I don't think areas such as Wayne County and Bell County have more talent in the area than places such as a Whitley County or Laurel County.
pjdoug Wrote:then what in Triple A or 5 A ?
:dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't mean to dispute what you said.I just meant I don't think areas such as Wayne County and Bell County have more talent in the area than places such as a Whitley County or Laurel County.

Laurel County has always had a lot of talent in all sports, but the biggest problem has been and will always be logistics. Even when there was just Laurel County and even now with North and South. Some parent's aren't going to drive 40-50 mile round trip to pick Jr up fron practice or take him to practice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
If any of these so called leaders of Bell Co. had any sense at all. If Coach Woolum turns the job down (if he has half a brain he will) They need to beg Coach Hoskins to take the job.
Really ?
Talent level isn't different in southeastern Ky, but what you do with it and how you develops average players in the weightroom and agility program to reach their maximum potential.
Then you have a Corey Davenport or Trayton Humfleet that comes long and puts your team at a higher level..
Bigger, Faster, Stronger! All players!
Has Larkey (Dad) been mentioned anymore ?

Bobcat4 have not heard your choice, who do you want to coach? Seems no one is up to standard for you.
panther nation Wrote:Laurel County has always had a lot of talent in all sports, but the biggest problem has been and will always be logistics. Even when there was just Laurel County and even now with North and South. Some parent's aren't going to drive 40-50 mile round trip to pick Jr up fron practice or take him to practice.

Most of your juniors and seniors can drive. Give your teammates a ride home. Surely someone on your 50 man roster lives close to the kid that don't have a ride.
Bell just doesn't have enough coming up to be elite in 3A. Can possibly work hard and be "good," but not "great."

Does Dudley have a buyout at Taylor Co?
From a source i consider pretty solid I am hearing that Dudley is talking to some folks involved. There has also been some talk of a coach over around Bowling Green that has ties to Dudley. Any idea? I did not get a name.
Really, Woolum left their office about 12:00 today and we are already back to Dudley and a coach with ties to Dudley? If Dudley carries that much weight every coach up here has ties to Dudley. So Hoskins should get some consideration?
What is going on in Bell County?
Flicka Wrote:What is going on in Bell County?

Athletic parents procreating with unathletic parents, producing average talent. Come on folks, choose your partners wisely. :Thumbs:
Heard A Corbin coach is the front runner.
Won't be surprised is Greer doesn't get the job when its all said and done
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Won't be surprised is Greer doesn't get the job when its all said and done

He is in the mix.
Greer is not an option, he doesn't have what it takes to apply for head coaching. They are talking about Andrew Roark, and he is not the front runner. If we go there it is over.
I agree Greer will not touch it. After today , no one including those that are hiring know what to do or which way to go. If you heard it , it is probably not true. Reason ,the 3 hiring are in shock that Woolum said no.

More to come , tomorrow will be another day and we will see what direction we try to take. I do see some people leaving now that this is where it is now. I did not see that before.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next