•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Agree 100% about the PCB. Schedule doesn't look too promising early since NCC is projected to be down.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Agree 100% about the PCB. Schedule doesn't look too promising early since NCC is projected to be down.

Letcher Central will not be very good, but NewCath will still be a quality team. Not as good as they have been...but still the 2nd best team in the East in 2A most likely.
Wills singed with U-Pike today I heard a couple of the boys talking about it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Letcher central I think

I talked to one of the Pike Co. Bowl Committee members he said he didn't think we was going to play Letcher hope they find us a good down State power team to play.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I talked to one of the Pike Co. Bowl Committee members he said he didn't think we was going to play Letcher hope they find us a good down State power team to play.

I would even be fine with Tates Creek for the 2nd straight year to be honest.

Solid Team and competition for a season opener
baller55 Wrote:I'm glad to see people always complaining about Belfry! That means you have a winning program. I will always be a fan of Belfry even when they play my team, but I will be pulling for JC. The pirates will be right back at state next year and I would say they win again. Its hard to figure who is hated the most Belfry or Johnson Central ! But fans of these teams could care less. I'm very proud of all eastern KY teams its just some of the idiots that get on here that bothers me for about 4 seconds.

That's easy Johnson Central! ! Belfry has won multiple state championships, Johnson Central just act like have. And there in lies the difference, its not bragging if you back it up and Belfry has sure backed it up.
Playing against Belfry is comparable to Piarist playing against any other team. Don't get me wrong I'm not making fun of Piarist. Think of that the next time you play Belfry and then think of those children at Piarist. I for one respect them and teams like them. It's just a game.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Jealousy is an ugly thing fellas.

Stud players don't just transfer in and start right away. Noah Corbett is the closest kid this "theory" applies to and he was not the starting QB in the win over Central nor at the start of the year in his first season at Belfry. Keaton Taylor was who had been at Belfry since day 1. D. Joplin thought the same way you guys do and figured he would bring his skills to Belfry and jump right into a backfield that had questions last season only to transfer out once it was realized that he wasn't going to jump right into a spot as the primary back. It is very rare that a player comes in to Belfry after starting High School and makes a huge impact. David Jones and Corbett are the only two I can remember that did not go 9-12 at Belfry.

That being said as long as Belfry is winning they will benefit from LEGAL transfers. If your the parent of a kid who you want the best chance of success for than you make the moves you have to for that kid. This happens in all sports at most schools. I had a friend in 9th grade who left Belfry because Tug Valley was a better fit for his basketball aspirations. You may not like it but parents put their kids in the best place to succeed and be noticed and for the past 15 years or so that has been Belfry in that area.
Very well said!
Speaking of the schedule guys, is BHS looking for any dates for 2016 (or 2017)?
I have a good friend/coach at Westside High School (WV) and they have "high interest" in getting up with you guys....they have 2 dates available right now.
2017 maybe but 2016 I think is the 2nd year of any 2 year deals from last season.
Congrats to Cole Bentley on his first Division 1 scholarship offer to Charlotte!
UNC Charlotte seems to be the first of many to come.
Rivals is high on Bentley as a UK recruit per Twitter
I see where Marshall finally offered Bentley, what about Ray?
Thrillex Wrote:I see where Marshall finally offered Bentley, what about Ray?

Ray hasnt received one from what I have seen...but he did pick up an offer from Tennessee Tech today

I predict 3 Pirates get FCS Level offers before it's over this Summer (Bentley, Horton, and Dotson) and a fourth gets FBS Offers (Scott).
MCMiner247 Wrote:Speaking of the schedule guys, is BHS looking for any dates for 2016 (or 2017)?
I have a good friend/coach at Westside High School (WV) and they have "high interest" in getting up with you guys....they have 2 dates available right now.

Tell your friend to get on the phone!

Look like Belfry has an opening Week 8 this year. Looks like Sheldon Clark may be dropping out of District Play and Belfry has posted an opening on the list serv
Did WKU offer Horton? Rivals says yes.
Big congratulations to Austin Dotson who received an offer from Marshall yesterday!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Big congratulations to Austin Dotson who received an offer from Marshall yesterday!

Well deserved honor... if Dotson does the recuriting camp circuit this Summer I expect him to explode on to the scene.

6'6 295, still getting stronger, can add to his frame, and runs like a gazelle??????? Forget about it! Kid is going to make recruiters swallow their whistle.

That three upcoming Pirate Seniors with D-1 Offers already. Holding out hope that Jordan Scott becomes the 4th, think it will happen eventually if he gets his name out and camps at colleges.
Has Belfry's schedule been released? Is the same as last year, only home games are now away?
jgrlzz Wrote:Has Belfry's schedule been released? Is the same as last year, only home games are now away?

The Sheldon Clark issue may cause it to change now..also not exactly sure who they play in the Pike County Bowl. Was supposed to be Letcher Central but not sure if anyone wants to see that happen now.
Cole has now been offered by Miami (OH)

4 D-1 Offers in the past couple weeks for Cole:
Charlotte
Marshall
Toledo
Miami (OH)
D1 eyes are on Pond Creek!! I love it.
In my opinion with a few good camps this summer 2-3 more kids could receive D-1 offers at Belfry. More lineman, defensive backs and special team members are getting looked at hard.
Cole has 3 big visits coming up, Louisville Friday, Navy the 5th and Tennessee the 6th.
Don't know if he still feels this way but last I talked to Cole, since it was just me and him, I asked him where he was leaning. He said "every time I start to lean, I get 35 letters from another school I like the next day and start to lean..."

Good problem to have! Lol
Anywhere but louisville!!!!!
Congratulations to Cole Bentley. He was offered today by the Air Force Academy!
Three total offers today for Cole

Air Force
Florida Atlantic
Tennessee Tech
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ray hasnt received one from what I have seen...but he did pick up an offer from Tennessee Tech today

I predict 3 Pirates get FCS Level offers before it's over this Summer (Bentley, Horton, and Dotson) and a fourth gets FBS Offers (Scott).

If Belfry has the season this year that they should, I could see more than 3 going to bigger schools. Very talented class of kids.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next