•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Do you morons think we have Calipari as a special adviser around here? Obviously it's a legit move if a kid is moving that far. No one is commuting that type of distance.
pjdoug Wrote:places like Belfry and Log Mountain just don't seem like places a person would want to move to get a job ,especially when people have to leave the area to find work.

Maybe this person g9t a job at Pikevlle Medical Center, it is the counties largest employer. People from Johnson, Floyd, Mingo counties and even Virgingia work there. I don't know but it is a thought and the housing market in the Belfry area is a steal right now. Again all of this is just a guess but is very plausible.
Crossbones Wrote:Maybe this person g9t a job at Pikevlle Medical Center, it is the counties largest employer. People from Johnson, Floyd, Mingo counties and even Virgingia work there. I don't know but it is a thought and the housing market in the Belfry area is a steal right now. Again all of this is just a guess but is very plausible.

of course it is plausible, and I'm not even being a troll,but we both know better lol.it's legal if you never get caught Smile
pjdoug Wrote:of course it is plausible, and I'm not even being a troll,but we both know better lol.it's legal if you never get caught Smile

I know you've slacked off on your trolling, but I don't even know about a transfer. Havn't heard about it until read it here. But not every transfer is questionable. I hope I made since with that. It seems Belfry is always under the microscope but has never been found guilty of any wrong doing but people still say they always recruit. Again, I don't know anything about it and was just making a point.
Sounds like the Clintons. Always under suspetion but never getting caugh.The previous poster summed it up for you. If you don't get caught it's legall
mightydog Wrote:Sounds like the Clintons. Always under suspetion but never getting caugh.The previous poster summed it up for you. If you don't get caught it's legall

Yep, whenever someone has that "suspetion" you can bet there's more to it. Lol. I always thought just having Belfry at the top of the mountain and winning championships would be enough to satisfy me but I was wrong. I think the best part is just being this damn good and having people jealous of our program. I love it!!! i guess we'll just keep winning championships so we can keep making you dumb asses jealous. Can't spell, don't know football and full of jealousy. Yep add another one to the idiot bunch.
On another note, can any parents or anyone who attended practices give me a gauge on big freshman #73 Austin Lawson. The kid is a mammoth. Looks a little slow but with a size 20 shoe he probably has to learn to lug that thing around. Is he someone we could look at getting some PT next season?
wooderson Wrote:Yep, whenever someone has that "suspetion" you can bet there's more to it. Lol. I always thought just having Belfry at the top of the mountain and winning championships would be enough to satisfy me but I was wrong. I think the best part is just being this damn good and having people jealous of our program. I love it!!! i guess we'll just keep winning championships so we can keep making you dumb asses jealous. Can't spell, don't know football and full of jealousy. Yep add another one to the idiot bunch.

Yep. As long as you have your system in place I suppose you will.
mightydog Wrote:Yep. As long as you have your system in place I suppose you will.

I admire your jealousy. We'll keep our system in place as I hope you do as well. Good luck sitting home every year watching the state finals on pay per view. I'll be in bowling green celebrating another championship.
PaytoPlay Wrote:The battle for the open RB spot should be really fun to watch shake out. Adkins and Hunter will probably get the first look. That said, D. Varney looks to be one of the best athletes on the team and was a great back in middle school. Wellman looks like he could transition from FB to RB, especially with a dedicated offseason (think Dustin May).

Varney played RB in JV last year until he became a starter on defense and the last game he played in JV he had 5 TD's he's more than capable of being your home run guy if Coach Haywood needs him to be he's going to get started this week getting ready for next year.
Looking at life after 2016, there's a couple of key offensive line pieces that may make this drop off after the junior class leaves not so horrible. But we'll focus on 2016 for now, and what could be a very special group
I'm glad to see people always complaining about Belfry! That means you have a winning program. I will always be a fan of Belfry even when they play my team, but I will be pulling for JC. The pirates will be right back at state next year and I would say they win again. Its hard to figure who is hated the most Belfry or Johnson Central ! But fans of these teams could care less. I'm very proud of all eastern KY teams its just some of the idiots that get on here that bothers me for about 4 seconds.
I haven't been on here in a while, so I wanted to Congratulate Belfry on another dominant championship run. As far as next year, I don't see any one standing in the way of Belfry's fourth straight championship. As a rival of Belfry for years, you can't have anything but respect for Coach Haywood and the program he has built. Good luck next year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I haven't been on here in a while, so I wanted to Congratulate Belfry on another dominant championship run. As far as next year, I don't see any one standing in the way of Belfry's fourth straight championship. As a rival of Belfry for years, you can't have anything but respect for Coach Haywood and the program he has built. Good luck next year.

Classy as always!
Well I'm ready for kickoff
Someone PM me about this incoming LB if you don't want to post it on the public forum yet.
One more thought on the open RB spot. Having watched games and listened to those I couldn't watch - Devin Varney would be my front runner at that spot. No disrespect meant to Hunter or Adkins, but Varney "looks" like the kid of the three that could be a star running the ball. I respect the point EKU made about platooning. Maybe Hunter could fill the DB roll if Haywood wants to keep huts fresh. I know Devin is probably the best DB on the roster, but I just feel like using a production over replacement type analysis, Varney at HB and Turner in his DB spot vs the flip, would be the best team. Varney could always play both sides against really strong passing teams if needed.

If I were any of those three - I'd be working hard starting now.😉
with that offensive line returning I could run the ballTongueirateSho
I would like to say congrats to the boys that got selected to the All State Team but I will say they all so missed some great players on this team.
Loaded!! Maybe even better than ths past years team! Scary loaded!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Loaded!! Maybe even better than ths past years team! Scary loaded!
(Using the two major All-State Polls)

Belfry returns:
1st Team All-State DT (Horton)
2nd Team All-State OL (Dotson)
2nd Team All-State K (Woolum)
2nd Team All-State CB (Varney)
3rd Team All-State DL (Bentley)
pirates will be loaded again next year, should end up at bowling green again
bengals0308 Wrote:pirates will be loaded again next year, should end up at bowling green again

Yes they will I thank they got two more great years ahead of them but even after that they will still be really good
Does anyone know who's in the Pike Co. Bowl this year just wondering who we got this year.
It would be great to have a Highlands vs Belfry Pike Co. Bowl
Letcher central I think
Im not sure if anyone has any knowledge of this, but I remember hearing Coach Matney on his radio show talking about him and Coach Haywood trying to make plans of creating a type of bowl where both Belfry and Johnson Central would travel down state and face two opponents (ie..south warren vs Belfry and Bowling green vs Central) then the following week have same two opponents travel to the mountains and flip flop opponents. I would love to see this, the gates would be huge and it would solve a lot of scheduling issues both Belfry and Central are having. Two weeks solved on the schedule with quality football. Both Belfry and Central travel well so it would work out great for the teams down state as well.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Im not sure if anyone has any knowledge of this, but I remember hearing Coach Matney on his radio show talking about him and Coach Haywood trying to make plans of creating a type of bowl where both Belfry and Johnson Central would travel down state and face two opponents (ie..south warren vs Belfry and Bowling green vs Central) then the following week have same two opponents travel to the mountains and flip flop opponents. I would love to see this, the gates would be huge and it would solve a lot of scheduling issues both Belfry and Central are having. Two weeks solved on the schedule with quality football. Both Belfry and Central travel well so it would work out great for the teams down state as well.

That would be interesting and I'd like to see it, but there would be the typical road blocks. I would guess these games would have to schedule early in the season, and I don't see Belfry pulling away from the Pike Co. Bowl. I agree Belfry and JC have scheduling issues, but I don't know if 2 quality down state teams have issues also, especially for 2 available dates, same weeks, etc.

Still, it's an entertaining idea, and it would be great if could be worked out.
Bentley has been rated at 5.6 (3 star) by Rivals. Schlarmann from UK is visiting per the rivals guy Roland. If UK deems them both good enough, gotta think there is a good chance of a 2 fer with he and Rayquan.

Bentley projected at OG btw.
With all due respect to Letcher Co. - I wish a better opponent were on the table for the Pike Co Bowl
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next