Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How about those Gas Prices?
1.69 in Pikeville this morning
Trump says Saudi's and Russia cut their output, so the market soars and I would say gas prices will start going up.
Just in case anyone is interested in knowing. This past thursday the price for a gallon of regular gasoline at the rack in Catlettsburg was 48 cents.

Add the 40 some cents for road taxes and that is what a gallon of gasoline really costs. Of course there is whatever shipping costs that are incurred to the gas station that must be included as well.

But there you have it.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just in case anyone is interested in knowing. This past thursday the price for a gallon of regular gasoline at the rack in Catlettsburg was 48 cents.

Add the 40 some cents for road taxes and that is what a gallon of gasoline really costs. Of course there is whatever shipping costs that are incurred to the gas station that must be included as well.

But there you have it.
It's pretty amazing that the taxes on gasoline are more than the total cost per gallon was when I first got my drivers license. I remember my shock when I first saw the cost of gasoline go above $1.00/gallon at a service station in Holden, WV.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's pretty amazing that the taxes on gasoline are more than the total cost per gallon was when I first got my drivers license. I remember my shock when I first saw the cost of gasoline go above $1.00/gallon at a service station in Holden, WV.

Yes sir, I remember that about like it was yesterday. It was in late summer of 1977 at the Rich Oil station in Paintsville the 1st time that I gave $1.00 a gallon....I had just bought a brand new '77 Grand Prix and I thought , boy I've really done it now. Grand Prixs were not exactly gas misers, and I was making $4.35 an hour.
A barrel of oil went to negative numbers today because there is a glut of oil and the economy is at a standstill. Sorry to say but but cheap oil and cheap gas are bad for the economy. You don't want super high priced oil or super low priced oil.
97.9 3 miles down the road from me today in south Elizabethtown (Hardin County, about 40 miles south of Louisville).
Thanks to our Kroger fuel points the $1.29/ gallon became .49 cents yesterday. Riddle me this though, how can a county substantiate a 40-50 cent difference in price per gallon tax and reg wise?

Campbell County prices in the 1.70s and Boone County prices in the 1.20s
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Criminals in Pikeville have kept the price at 1.63 for the last month while oil has continued to crater. I won't give gas stations/convenience stores in Pikeville one dime.
Staying in the 1.70s in NKY. Will be curious how long we stay sub $2 for!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Sneaked up to 1.89 since Memorial Day and states reopening. IMAGINE THAT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Filled up at 1.94/ gallon this afternoon in Boone County. Always feels better under $2 ; )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Been enjoying the 1.80 range for the last couple weeks in NKY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Has gone back down to 1.83 in Northern Campbell County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
1.73 here at Betsy Layne this morning.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(06-11-2016, 02:54 AM)Spirit100 Wrote: One week into summer travel season and the bastards have it up to $2.50 plus in NKY...

I'll be traveling to FL, and NC within the month where I know I'll see minus $2.00...

Friggin' arse hats!!!

Confusednicker:
This will get worse as we get closer to confirming Joe as President.  The Market is already an indicator.  Oil companies are getting hit, even though stocks are rocketing.  I have a pretty sizable portfolio in the EV (Electric Vehicle) space, and have been making a killing over the last week.

FYI, if you are looking for a Homerun, NIO has netted me a 100% profit in 6 weeks.  It is the next Tesla.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stardust's post:
  • Spirit100
Saw $1.69 last week and gassed up for .96 cents with kroger plus points. Felt like I was in high school back in the 80s all over again ! Hope it lasts ...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Currently $1.84. It drops to $1.75, then jumps $1.99. It has been following this pattern for about 6 months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
$1.94 in Pikeville/Harold
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Went from 1.86 to 2.09 yesterday ..... WTH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Prices are just starting to reflect the Biden factor. $2.31 this morning in Falls Church, VA.
Saw $2.59 in Virginia last weekend . Guess it's time for the OPEC and Saudi folks $$$ to start flowing into the corrupt politicians coffers! That didn't take long ...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The price in Falls Church, Virginia ranges from $2.44 to $2.69 right now. Elections have consequences.
(02-23-2021, 07:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The price in Falls Church, Virginia ranges from $2.44 to $2.69 right now. Elections have consequences.
July 2008 yes elections have consequences Wrong Way Quooter
I remember them prices
Bans on fracking and cancelation of pipeline construction projects have gasoline prices trending upwards.

[Image: https://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?...%20%24%2FG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-23-2021, 08:58 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The price in Falls Church, Virginia ranges from $2.44 to $2.69 right now. Elections have consequences.
I remember them prices
Since you have such a good memory I'm sure you remember back when we became energy independent under President Trump. Good old days...
This morning in Falls Church, Virginia gas prices ranged from $2.53 to $2.79, which is an average increase of 9-1/2 cents in only 5 days. Imagine what the impact of a Biden presidency would have been if COVID-19 was not still depressing demand for gasoline. Elections have consequences. When a candidate promises to take actions that will have a negative impact on your daily life, believe him or her.

The national average price for regular gasoline stands at $2.72 on 2/27/2021. (The chart below will update automatically.)

[Image: https://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?...%20%24%2FG]
In Falls Church, Virginia, prices ranged between $2.56 and $2.89 today. The national average price for regular gasoline has risen over 33 cents per gallon over the past month to almost $2.78/gallon.
(02-23-2021, 09:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
I remember them prices
Since you have such a good memory I'm sure you remember back when we became energy independent under President Trump. Good old days...

Quite an interesting juxtaposition there.  Trump ...Good old days... attempted coup ... democracy nearly nearly crumbled.   Shame.
(03-08-2021, 12:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
I remember them prices

Quite an interesting juxtaposition there.  Trump ...Good old days... attempted coup ... democracy nearly nearly crumbled.   Shame.
Attempted? Biden is in the White House and the military is occupying Washington, DC. I would say the coup succeeded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot