Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KYMSFA 2015 Semi Final & Finals Game Times
With injuries and so many kids playing up, how many teams don't have key roles being played by 7th graders in this 8th grade division? Seems like the 7th grade is loaded with talent this year and most are playing up.
Death_Valley Wrote:We do have separate 7th and 8th grade teams.. But our good kids play up to give them more playing time on the 8th grade level.

Do you have 8th graders that play down on the "B" team or 7th grade team you're referring to?
Im usually not one for predictions, but I will take a a shot.

D1- Bowling Green vs Johnson
D2- South Oldham vs Belfry
D3- CAL vs Meece
7th- CAL vs Northern Pulaski
I can't recall a team having a 7th and 8th grade team both in the title game. Has that happened before?
Yes, last year, Bowling Green did. Couple kids played back to back games.
Laker Wrote:Yes, last year, Bowling Green did. Couple kids played back to back games.

Last year Bowling Green 8th got beat by Corbin in the semi-final and their 7th got beat by Johnson in the semifinal. So neither team played in the championship. My question was has there been a program that has had both teams make it to the title game.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Last year Bowling Green 8th got beat by Corbin in the semi-final and their 7th got beat by Johnson in the semifinal. So neither team played in the championship. My question was has there been a program that has had both teams make it to the title game.

No it has not happeb yet. But could happen twice this year.
looks like it is happening:

Bowling green will have a team playing for D1 and 7th grade state championship.
Looks like Div 2, 3 and 1 comes back to eastern Ky. Let's get it done tomorrow Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Central.
proud44pirate Wrote:Looks like Div 2, 3 and 1 comes back to eastern Ky. Let's get it done tomorrow Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Central.

Couldn't be more proud of these hard working young men from our area.
CAL would've been there but was ROBBED!!! Refs in the bag for BG!! If u don't think so, check PREPSPIN!!!

Crickets from anyone associated with the KYMSFA!! It's OK, I'd be embarrassed as well!! Folks down in LA thought is was a TX crew!!! Lol!!

I think we all know who deserves to be there. But you can't control everything!!
Call out the officials, but don't associate them with Bowling Green. The coaches and players had ZERO to do with the refs. They played their hearts out too.
Why didn't KYMSFA do ANYTHING about it? Why don't they acknowledge that that ONE call (excluding all the other abhorrent calls) caused a chain of events where one twin has the winning score taken away, gets thrown out, the other twin takes offense to (violent but legal) hits he's making getting personal fouls called then he gets tossed!!

Now neither is available to help the 8th grade team tomorrow. Isn't that a crime!! They've busted their rears all year!!!!

No one cares!!!! All who read this just remember that!!!
So people are crying over one blown call. If you put teams away then one call can't beat you. Just saying.
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Why didn't KYMSFA do ANYTHING about it? Why don't they acknowledge that that ONE call (excluding all the other abhorrent calls) caused a chain of events where one twin has the winning score taken away, gets thrown out, the other twin takes offense to (violent but legal) hits he's making getting personal fouls called then he gets tossed!!

Now neither is available to help the 8th grade team tomorrow. Isn't that a crime!! They've busted their rears all year!!!!

No one cares!!!! All who read this just remember that!!!
Sorry to hear the boys got tossed. But really, they learned a lesson. So many penalties, without benefit of replay, are subjective. What they need to learn from this is to not jaw with the refs, and just focus the energy on making sure one call doesn't determine a game. Congrats on their season, I've heard they a good players and look forward to hearing about them through high school.
I know Johnson vs BG D1, Belfy vs doesn't matter D2, and Cal vs Pikeville D3 but i have not saw 7th grade. Did northern win?
Overall this was the best Championship Sunday I've seen. 3 out of the 4 games came down to the last possession of the ball game. As always KYMSFA put on a great weekend.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Overall this was the best Championship Sunday I've seen. 3 out of the 4 games came down to the last possession of the ball game. As always KYMSFA put on a great weekend.

It was definitely a great weekend for football. A lot of great games and kids making big time plays.

The officiating issues do need to be addressed somehow. Every game I saw this past weekend was littered with poor officiating.
As far as the officiating in our games only, it was some of the best we saw all year. I haven't watched the replays of the other games yet.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It was definitely a great weekend for football. A lot of great games and kids making big time plays.

The officiating issues do need to be addressed somehow. Every game I saw this past weekend was littered with poor officiating.

I saw some questionable calls, but they were judgement calls that could have went either way. Don't ever put yourself in those situations. Other than that I thought the officiating was excellent.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:That's why none of us around here will play them. Maybe they should be in the WV state Tourny. But they say, "Wehee-thans from West Virgineeee wants to play in the Kantuckee"

The reason you don't play us is because you can't beat us!
#4⃣timestatechamps
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Come on Pirate lets get real, if you thought you could have won the 7th grade last year you would have entered a team. And half your team lives in the wild and wooly West Virginia any way. You should be called the Belfry Mountaineer Fake Pirates.

We play a JV and Varsity system....not 7th or 8th grade driven. But Proudpirate is right....if all the 7th graders would have played for a pure 7th grade team...they could have won it.

Blackcat2001.....any time y'all want some.....come get some......:biggrin:
I'm not so sure you would have won 7th grade. North was pretty good