Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets Released
BluegrassCat Wrote:You mad bro?? Yes, all your starters played the whole game!! I've watched Southern play several games this year and all were playing last night! Quit making excuses!!
Nope, not mad bro.If ya say bra.It's playoff time.
:igiveup:
Meece never puts it 7th grade in the state playoffs. Only 8th.
foozeballfanatic Wrote:Meece never puts it 7th grade in the state playoffs. Only 8th.

Sometimes the path to a D3 and D2 championship is easier than a 7th grade championship. Especially when some regions in D2 and D3 only have a couple teams. I understand why some schools don't participate in 7th grade with numbers that just won't allow it. But, there are schools that could compete at both levels. Meece is probably a top 5 7th grade and top 5 in D3 so this may be the only way they win by combining the two, but they probably could have made a run in both.
So, Clark County plays a game on Oct. 8, then another game on Oct. 10, then another game on Oct. 13, then another game, IF THEY WIN, Oct, 17. Four games in 9 days. That, my friends, is a bit much.
That's just what their conference set up. The playoff dates were set before season started, plenty of conferences adjusted if needed.

Does Clark county go by Campbell as Well?
Plantman, from now on tell me when you are going to post the brackets and I will fix them so that non members can also see them.
Do we know the time for the games yet? We are trying to make plans and this would be helpful. Thanks
Most teams playing in first round know their time/location, contact your team for information.
We do not have to play till the 17th trying to make plans for then.
Those game times aren't set.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:That's just what their conference set up. The playoff dates were set before season started, plenty of conferences adjusted if needed.

Does Clark county go by Campbell as Well?

Yes. They are Campbell.
Thanks daredevil....I thought they were but wasn't completely sure.
BIG SHOUT OUT to three officials who are driving wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of their area to cover a play in game tonight for the KYMSFA. Huge thanks guys!
I was wondering if the times are set for division 2 games on the 31st and November 1st.
proud44pirate Wrote:I was wondering if the times are set for division 2 games on the 31st and November 1st.

That's a great question......
With 4 games being played I would say the games will start around noon? Exact times may depend on distance of the teams involved and that will not be known till the 24th.
None of the Regional Finals, Semi Finals or Finals times have been set yet.

Need the dust to settle from round 1 a bit.

Perhaps if someone would bring me that Turkey club they promised I could work a little more. lol.
Play in Round winners:

Crosby
Hazard
Knox (both 7th and 8th bracket)
North Laurel (7th bracket)

*I am unsure of Whitney/Wayne results*
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Play in Round winners:

Crosby
Hazard
Knox (both 7th and 8th bracket)
North Laurel (7th bracket)

*I am unsure of Whitney/Wayne results*

I think Whitney won
I know it's Whitley...autocorrect changed it to Whitney for some reason.

Can anyone confirm Whitley won?
Wayne @ Whitley games are being played on 10/8/15
What will be the kickoff time for the game between Knox at Clark 7th this Saturday?
Once again D1 Region 4 has to sacrifice a goat, cut off a body part, and eat glass to get to the Final Four while Bowling Green gets to eat cake while watching the gauntlet in the other regions. Same story, different year. :popcorn:
Did graves county forfeit?

And plantman if I paid attention to bracket I would have noticed that..
Heard that the Mt. View, Pikeville game was moved to Pikeville?
This is the first year we have been involved in this and I think it is a great setup
When will the brackets be updated with game-times, matchups?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Once again D1 Region 4 has to sacrifice a goat, cut off a body part, and eat glass to get to the Final Four while Bowling Green gets to eat cake while watching the gauntlet in the other regions. Same story, different year. :popcorn:

Confusedtare: come on Western Kentucky.
What elementary schools in Harlan County are feeder elementary schools for New Harlan? Someone earlier had said they had 5 and Evarts had 2.
Also what are the male enrollment limits for each division?
UPSCat4080 Wrote:First: Evarts draws from two schools that are near the middle enrollment wise in the county, so you were told wrong.

Second: Same conversation every year, but New Harlan draws from 5 elementary schools that include 1 school with a total 7/8th enrollment of about 15 boys. The regions are based on numbers and New Harlan's numbers categorize them as Division 3.

Get over it and quit crying.

Look at your first sentence. Now think about the schools who go into forming Halan's centralized team. Thanks for proving my point.