Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets Released
footballfanatic33 Wrote:I agree that that is a tough schedule, but according to the rules schedule doesn't matter. All that matters are the wins and the points that you get from them. How many wins does Southern have? With that schedule, I would say wins are tough to come by even as good as southern is year in and year out.

It is bad that they do not look a little at tough schedule,, Hazard #8 seed and Pikeville #6 seed get nothing for playing tough schedule, Hazard played (Johnson, Belfry and Clay county) Pikeville played (Johnson and Belfry twice).

Hazard beat #2 seed Adams and #3 Mtn. View,, but the 3 losses to the big schools hurt there seed.

Despite being the #6 seed, I think Pikeville is the clear favorite in Region 4

No complaints with New Harlan in D3, but I would ask why they keep moving them from region to region?? In 2013 they were Region 4, last year region 2, now back to region 4
CADEREECE Wrote:It is bad that they do not look a little at tough schedule,, Hazard #8 seed and Pikeville #6 seed get nothing for playing tough schedule, Hazard played (Johnson, Belfry and Clay county) Pikeville played (Johnson and Belfry twice).

Hazard beat #2 seed Adams and #3 Mtn. View,, but the 3 losses to the big schools hurt there seed.

No complaints with New Harlan in D3, but I would ask why they keep moving them from region to region?? In 2013 they were Region 4, last year region 2, now back to region 4

Balancing of the regions, last year Campbellsville went to region 1, which left only Meece in Region 2, so the Southern half of eastern KY D3 went into region 2 as well.

Was that way this year, till we realized the drive time to Casey Co/Campbellsville for New Harlan, Evarts, Mt View, so they were left in R4.
How do you access the PDF?
CADEREECE Wrote:It is bad that they do not look a little at tough schedule,, Hazard #8 seed and Pikeville #6 seed get nothing for playing tough schedule, Hazard played (Johnson, Belfry and Clay county) Pikeville played (Johnson and Belfry twice).

I agree. Pikeville also beat Shelby valley twice beating them by at least 3 touchdowns both times and Valley is a #4 seed. Also Prestonsburg wouldn't schedule us this year. Would someone please tell me where Evarats and Mountain View are located?
I think a good game I watch will be the play in game between hazard and paintsville both teams are pretty even just have to see which team's star comes out on top.
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:I agree. Pikeville also beat Shelby valley twice beating them by at least 3 touchdowns both times and Valley is a #4 seed. Also Prestonsburg wouldn't schedule us this year. Would someone please tell me where Evarats and Mountain View are located?
I think a good game I watch will be the play in game between hazard and paintsville both teams are pretty even just have to see which team's star comes out on top.

Evarts is one of the Harlan County Schools.

Mountain View is one of the Leslie County Schools.
Good luck to all the great teams and kids that play this great games
For the Facebook fans, I just got them posted there.

Sorry for the delay.
Region 3 Regional Finals is TBA. Is it safe to assume all 4 games would be @ same venue??
Mountain View vs. Pikeville will be played at Leslie County High School
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Region 3 Regional Finals is TBA. Is it safe to assume all 4 games would be @ same venue??

If a venue can be found yes.
CAL been contacted?? To maybe host.
Everybody realizes these are the seeds based on points through sept 24 right?

10 pts for D3
20 for D2
30 for D3

6-2 vs all d3 teams is 60

4-4 vs all D1 teams is 120

There are your seeds.
I think we all agree belfry will win D2 but who else makes the final 4?
My picks:
Region 1 - TK Stone (e-town)
Region 2 - bluegrass
Region 3 - Scott county
Region 4- belfry
Finals- TK Stone vs Belfry with belfry winning
How good is New Harlan?
Don't complain about seedings. Belfry was 12-0 a few years ago and had to have a play in game just to have the 8 seed. Needless to say no one came close to beating that bunch.
Maybe we should just put a 1 by everyones team and just say everyone is a 1 seed, seems that's the only way to make people happy...

seeding is based off of points! NOT how tough your schedule is!

Stop complaining and enjoy this time of year, its a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone in Lexington (even if my team isn't there, I will be because its a great weekend of football)
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Maybe we should just put a 1 by everyones team and just say everyone is a 1 seed, seems that's the only way to make people happy...

seeding is based off of points! NOT how tough your schedule is!

Stop complaining and enjoy this time of year, its a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone in Lexington (even if my team isn't there, I will be because its a great weekend of football)
I like it. That would be awesome . No more complaining .
TongueirateSho
Is the KFMSFA point system with 30-20-10 points based on school size perfect, no it is not. However could you imagine the scrutiny if they tried to seed based on strength of schedule. They would have to meet from now to Christmas to evaluate. These guys are doing the best they can to provide these kids with a great experience. There is no comparison of middle school football after the forming of the KYMSFA to before this organization. If you are in the playoffs, strap on the pads and take care of business. If you are the better team then you will advance. If not, there is always basketball season.
I'm a little irritated because we got the 1 seed. Should be higher. Or play the state games at Belfry. Or something. We got screwed.
Southerners schedule was tough, should have left that 8seed off the schedule.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Southerners schedule was tough, should have left that 8seed off the schedule.

Hahaha that's right!! Whitley Co. 14 Southern Pulaski 12! Confusedhh:
BluegrassCat Wrote:Hahaha that's right!! Whitley Co. 14 Southern Pulaski 12! Confusedhh:

Was the game at Whitley or Southern? How did Whitley do against Northern on Monday?
Are these dates set in stone? According to Clark County's football schedule, they play Scott County next Thursday, Oct. 8. They then have on their schedule as their first playoff game being Oct. 13. So, who is right? The school, or the people putting together the brackets? Because playing a game 2 days before a playoff game would be pretty 'SILLY', and that is ptting it nicely.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'm a little irritated because we got the 1 seed. Should be higher. Or play the state games at Belfry. Or something. We got screwed.

Why didn't Belfry get a BYE to the Finals?

It's not fair Belfry has to practice and risk injury as a 1 Seed.

KYMSFA really needs to learn to get the stuff together. Belfry should be a 0 seed.
daredevil4life Wrote:Are these dates set in stone? According to Clark County's football schedule, they play Scott County next Thursday, Oct. 8. They then have on their schedule as their first playoff game being Oct. 13. So, who is right? The school, or the people putting together the brackets? Because playing a game 2 days before a playoff game would be pretty 'SILLY', and that is ptting it nicely.

The dates you are seen are for Clark Co's Conference Schedule and conference playoffs.
BluegrassCat Wrote:Hahaha that's right!! Whitley Co. 14 Southern Pulaski 12! Confusedhh:
Yeah,that game didn't matter at all. No one really cared about that game A team that was beat by Northern by 36 .They beat southern by 8.Southern beat Wayne with3rd string by 26. Most starters didnt even play against Whitely.
:hilarious:
Then they all must have stayed home, because there sure weren't many standing on that sideline. I did notice that they had all of the same kids in the backfield that they normally play and that one of them is one of the best RBs in the state, but I guess you must be right. But either way Whitley did beat them and that was a good win for them.
Yes its going to be an interesting playoffs.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Yeah,that game didn't matter at all. No one really cared about that game A team that was beat by Northern by 36 .They beat southern by 8.Southern beat Wayne with3rd string by 26. Most starters didnt even play against Whitely.
:hilarious:

You mad bro?? Yes, all your starters played the whole game!! I've watched Southern play several games this year and all were playing last night! Quit making excuses!!
I saw a thread on here that Meece won it's 7th grade conference championship, but I don't see them in the 7th grade playoffs? Are they not playing in 7th?