Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Brackets
goBIGblue82 Wrote:How many 8th graders do you have on the roster? 7th grade? 6th grade?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I can tell you 5th and 6th grade at Belfry plays inter-league. A 3 or 4 team league (depending on numbers) that plays each other.
Whatever Belfry is doing works in the big picture.
Just curious as to what happened with having it at Lex Cath. I noticed the finals will be played at Bryan Station this year.
Im sure this may have already been mentioned, but I haven't been following the middle school threads as much this year. Seems like ive been to more of the games though.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I honestly couldn't tell you. I can tell you 5th and 6th grade at Belfry plays inter-league. A 3 or 4 team league (depending on numbers) that plays each other.

Most schools in this area down here have consolidated enough to where the middle school teams usually always have plenty of kids for both 7th and 8th only.
I only ever remember Whitley playing 8th graders on the 8th grade team. 7th graders didn't even practice with the 8th kids. Back when I followed middle school ball really close, and even as far back as when I was playing, there was an easy 35 kids on each team though. If im not mistaken, when I was in middle school in the 90's, we didn't even have any two way players.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just curious as to what happened with having it at Lex Cath. I noticed the finals will be played at Bryan Station this year.
Im sure this may have already been mentioned, but I haven't been following the middle school threads as much this year. Seems like ive been to more of the games though.

Finals havent been at Catholic in 3 years, they have been at Bryan Station.
are middle school brackets out yet ?
I hate Bryan Station.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I hate Bryan Station.

Why?
I am curious to know how so many teams were able to complete their regular season prior to the Oct. 6th play in games. We are currently undefeated however we will not be able to compete in the tourn. this year. We would have to play 7 games in 12 days. (considering we would win a few games). We felt that playing Thurs. then Sat. so many times would not be good for our kids. Not being critical but why start this thing so early. We play every Thurs. and have only played 5 games so far. So we had to drop out. Oh well good luck to everyone. I'm sure there will be some great teams and some great games.
fb fan Wrote:I am curious to know how so many teams were able to complete their regular season prior to the Oct. 6th play in games. We are currently undefeated however we will not be able to compete in the tourn. this year. We would have to play 7 games in 12 days. (considering we would win a few games). We felt that playing Thurs. then Sat. so many times would not be good for our kids. Not being critical but why start this thing so early. We play every Thurs. and have only played 5 games so far. So we had to drop out. Oh well good luck to everyone. I'm sure there will be some great teams and some great games.

Most teams complete there regular season the week the state playoffs begin. 9 weeks should be adequate time to play at least 7 regular season games.
I wish the playoffs would go a week longer so the semi's and finals were not the same weekend. It gets expensive and maybe the Div.3 teams won't have to play so early on Saturday morning.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Most teams complete there regular season the week the state playoffs begin. 9 weeks should be adequate time to play at least 7 regular season games.

Thanks for the reply. Our conference did not begin so early. We play every Thurs. with our regular season ending Oct. 15th then we have our Conference championship on Oct. 22nd. Initially we thought the state would be held first Sat. in Nov. therefore we were under the assumption that we could participate. It's ok.....probably an oversight on our part. No teams from our Conference will be able to participate though. Good luck to everyone. I still support what everyone is doing and this is a great thing for our state. Just going to have to work on scheduling. Wish it wasn't first week in Oct. seems really early to have it.
We would have to forfeit the last 2 games of the season and the conf. championship to participate. Just hope there wasn't pressure from basketball coaches to get it over with so quickly. I realize the High School state playoffs are in the mix as well. However they are played on Friday nights. Just wish we could go hand in hand with how the high school conducts the playoffs in terms of time frame. Just food for thought. Again good luck to everyone.
fb fan Wrote:Thanks for the reply. Our conference did not begin so early. We play every Thurs. with our regular season ending Oct. 15th then we have our Conference championship on Oct. 22nd. Initially we thought the state would be held first Sat. in Nov. therefore we were under the assumption that we could participate. It's ok.....probably an oversight on our part. No teams from our Conference will be able to participate though. Good luck to everyone. I still support what everyone is doing and this is a great thing for our state. Just going to have to work on scheduling. Wish it wasn't first week in Oct. seems really early to have it.

It's too early imo too
FYI

There are teasers posted on kymsfa Facebook page as to who top teams are.p
plantmanky Wrote:Why?

Here's a story to answer your question:

A few years back (2013) my mom texted me from the stands to ask if I was okay because the action spilled into the sidelines and hit a coach. She swore it was me.

The coach who was hit was African American, I'm white.

The stands are so far away, you can't see anything. Lol!
fb fan Wrote:I am curious to know how so many teams were able to complete their regular season prior to the Oct. 6th play in games. We are currently undefeated however we will not be able to compete in the tourn. this year. We would have to play 7 games in 12 days. (considering we would win a few games). We felt that playing
Thurs. then Sat. so many times would not be good for our kids. Not being critical but why start this thing so early. We play every Thurs. and have only played 5 games so far. So we had to drop out. Oh well good luck to everyone. I'm sure there will be some great teams and some great games.

Who is your team?
fb fan Wrote:Thanks for the reply. Our conference did not begin so early. We play every Thurs. with our regular season ending Oct. 15th then we have our Conference championship on Oct. 22nd. Initially we thought the state would be held first Sat. in Nov. therefore we were under the assumption that we could participate. It's ok.....probably an oversight on our part. No teams from our Conference will be able to participate though. Good luck to everyone. I still support what everyone is doing and this is a great thing for our state. Just going to have to work on scheduling. Wish it wasn't first week in Oct. seems really early to have it.

So you didn't play your first game until August 28th? That's a really late start. The playoffs have started these weeks ever since they started in 2008. it doesn't make sense to wait until November to start middle school playoffs. I could understand pushing back the start date 1 week, since so many conference ended around that time, but if you want to play the conference should adjust. Most all conferences have adjusted. It comes down to whether it's more important to play a conference playoff or state playoff.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:So you didn't play your first game until August 28th? That's a really late start. The playoffs have started these weeks ever since they started in 2008. it doesn't make sense to wait until November to start middle school playoffs. I could understand pushing back the start date 1 week, since so many conference ended around that time, but if you want to play the conference should adjust. Most all conferences have adjusted. It comes down to whether it's more important to play a conference playoff or state playoff.

Our season started Aug. 20th. We did have a bye week so that didn't help. Our conf. playoffs start Oct. 22nd. And yes I am well aware when the state playoffs start. We participated in them. However I do not recall them starting this early. For our conf. (EKC conf.) some teams cannot start any earlier due to the fact that some schools (not ours) do not start practice until school starts. Yes I am from Rowan Co. and we had every intention on playing in the state this year. But with the early start of the tourn. we would have to forfeit the rest of the season along with the conf. championship. We felt that wasn't worth doing since we could possibly only have a 7 game season as opposed to a 10 game season. (Providing we lost the first round of the state). It is what it is......just hate it for our kids. Felt like we have a pretty good team this year. Hopefully our commissioner can tweak our schedule in the future. Good luck to all.
Got to hit the submit button.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Cal was dominate over Westport this past weekend 36-0 (Varisty)
Varsity Barrett also won 14-6 over JCTMS i believe
Cal had 3 INTs, 2 for TD's
Thanks for update NDKing but we update JCPS scores in the JCPS middle school scores section.
Every time I get ready to post the brackets the phone rings.......oh we gotta move the game to X.........Hey can we move this game to xxxx I dont have enough crews to cover these games Saturday.

I love my job..........................but I need an intern... a secretary...heck somebody just go get me lunch. :insane:
I don't know where teams will stay at this year. All the motels are packed. Breeders cup world Thorobred championships and UK and Tennessee also going on that Saturday.
I'm ready for brackets....you can just send it to me...my team will play anywhere...lol
I'm ready for the brackets too.....
MR. Slate Wrote:I don't know where teams will stay at this year. All the motels are packed. Breeders cup world Thorobred championships and UK and Tennessee also going on that Saturday.

I know one team is staying in Richmond. Ive told the teams coming from the west to stay at our partner hotels in Frankfort.
How 'bout XMAS on 9/29???