Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern Pulaski Football
Northern is loaded and will keep feeding our powerhouse varsity program! Northern will be back in state title contention this year.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:Northern is loaded and will keep feeding our powerhouse varsity program! Northern will be back in state title contention this year.

Love your enthusiasm, but please don't troll this thread like you do on the high school forum. One game at a time. Stay humble. Go Maroons!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Love your enthusiasm, but please don't troll this thread like you do on the high school forum. One game at a time. Stay humble. Go Maroons!

I have seen the program up close trust me they are loaded . have some confidence in the kids I am more than confident they will be contending for a title .
Maroon State Champs Wrote:I have seen the program up close trust me they are loaded . have some confidence in the kids I am more than confident they will be contending for a title .

Listen to Wildcat18 he's a very knowledgeable guy, and I'm sure he's also seen the program close up. With that said I think there are 4 teams that will really make a push for the Div 1 championship this year and Northern is definitely in that mix.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Listen to Wildcat18 he's a very knowledgeable guy, and I'm sure he's also seen the program close up. With that said I think there are 4 teams that will really make a push for the Div 1 championship this year and Northern is definitely in that mix.

And I know it well too i am just not afraid to believe in these kids and say it . I am confident in what they have. They are loaded and have depth .
Northern has done very well in 7 on 7 this year winning every game that they played handily, BUT we all know that football in shorts is an entirely different game. Some of the kids that played 7 on 7 aren't playing football in the season and some others are still on the fence. They will be in the mix for a Division I title but I wouldn't be ordering those rings just yet. Good luck to the Maroons.
Laker Wrote:Northern has done very well in 7 on 7 this year winning every game that they played handily, BUT we all know that football in shorts is an entirely different game. Some of the kids that played 7 on 7 aren't playing football in the season and some others are still on the fence. They will be in the mix for a Division I title but I wouldn't be ordering those rings just yet. Good luck to the Maroons.

In 2011, Lexington Catholic beat Northern in the UK 7-on-7 championship game. A few weeks later Northern beat them 60-6 in pads on the way to their 2nd state championship. It's a different game. Normally you don't order rings until AFTER you win a championship. You're preaching to the choir.
I haven't seen them this spring, but last season the Maroons had the strongest 7th grade passing game I had ever coached against. If they can protect the qb and run the football enough to keep teams honest and most importantly stay healthy, the Maroons have what it takes to win D1.

Not looking forward to game prep that week, of course that goes for our entire conference.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Love your enthusiasm, but please don't troll this thread like you do on the high school forum. One game at a time. Stay humble. Go Maroons!

:betterthanexpected:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Listen to Wildcat18 he's a very knowledgeable guy, and I'm sure he's also seen the program close up. With that said I think there are 4 teams that will really make a push for the Div 1 championship this year and Northern is definitely in that mix.

Who are the other three?
I would consider Johnson County the favorite with Southern & Union being squarely in the mix.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I would consider Johnson County the favorite with Southern & Union being squarely in the mix.

great bulletin material for the maroons, a supposed fan picking against them! I am more than confident the Maroons Will get it done not Johnson Central. With doubting fans like you our boys don't need enemies and doubters. :gtfo:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:great bulletin material for the maroons, a supposed fan picking against them! I am more than confident the Maroons Will get it done not Johnson Central. With doubting fans like you our boys don't need enemies and doubters. :gtfo:

Confidence is the one thing you do not lack. :truestory:
Wildcat18 Wrote:Confidence is the one thing you do not lack. :truestory:

You probably never played football anywhere so you do not know how important confidence is to a team . Coach hines has built the program from PCYFL thru middle school to high school with confidence. We bow down to no one ! The northern Maroons will return a state title to pulaski county show some confidence in our boys .
Maroon State Champs Wrote:You probably never played football anywhere so you do not know how important confidence is to a team . Coach hines has built the program from PCYFL thru middle school to high school with confidence. We bow down to no one ! The northern Maroons will return a state title to pulaski county show some confidence in our boys .

Wildcat18 it's obvious you never played a sport a day in your life. You better show some respect to that feeder program that Coach Hines has built...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Wildcat18 it's obvious you never played a sport a day in your life. You better show some respect to that feeder program that Coach Hines has built...

I doubt wildcat18 played middle or high school football. if he did it was probably for phelps or something. he knows nothing about what it takes to build a champion got to have confidence.
who is the up coming 8th grade teams QB for northern? Colton Fraley aint playing football this year I hear.
after my post earlier wildcat18 called my post false about 3 Southern players,but this weekend i do believe that the same 3 southern players started for the maroons. HMMMMM!
I'm picking bluegrass to win over northern after seeing both teams play now. I do like northern ' s coach, he's a pretty good guy who coaches with a lot of passion
Lakers_football Wrote:I'm picking bluegrass to win over northern after seeing both teams play now. I do like northern ' s coach, he's a pretty good guy who coaches with a lot of passion

When do these two teams play? Does anyone have a schedule for Northern?
4 pete's sake Wrote:after my post earlier wildcat18 called my post false about 3 Southern players,but this weekend i do believe that the same 3 southern players started for the maroons. HMMMMM!

Your post was WAY premature. No one had enrolled at the time, so your comment was false. You forgot to mention that Southern recruited a player from Garrard that ticked some folks off and started this whole mess. Had nothing to do with anything other than that.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:When do these two teams play? Does anyone have a schedule for Northern?

Aug 22 - 10:30 AM - @ Taylor County

Double-header - 7th & 8th
Lakers_football Wrote:I'm picking bluegrass to win over northern after seeing both teams play now. I do like northern ' s coach, he's a pretty good guy who coaches with a lot of passion

Who has Bluegrass played?
When does Whitley County play Northern Pulaski?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Aug 22 - 10:30 AM - @ Taylor County

You wouldn't have any reason to send me to the wrong location would you?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Aug 22 - 10:30 AM - @ Taylor County

It would be nice if that start time could get bumped back a little. I have somewhere I need to be at that time...
pjdoug Wrote:When does Whitley County play Northern Pulaski?

Sept 17 - Time & location TBA
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You wouldn't have any reason to send me to the wrong location would you?

Absolutely not. LOL, be nice to see an old BGR friend. I may send you a bit early or a bit late, but never to the wrong location. :eyeroll:
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sept 17 - Time & location TBA

Thanks
Wildcat18 Wrote:Absolutely not. LOL, be nice to see an old BGR friend. I may send you a bit early or a bit late, but never to the wrong location. :eyeroll:

Confusednicker: