Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern Pulaski Football
Rumors have it Northern has loaded up again to win the state. They have brought in big lineman from Taylor co. Big lineman from Southern, TE/DE from Southern, QB from Southern, rumor of a player from Bowling Green and possibly running back from Southern. Coincidence 4 of the players mentioned above played under the coach on the KY team. Glad we didn't schedule them!
False. As of today, Northern hasn't had any transfers. No one from Taylor County, no one from Bowling Green, and no one from Southern has enrolled at Northern. Just some Southern Pulaski folks trying to stir up some drama. It's a circus over there with no discipline.
Need two work out a deal to come and play johnson and belfry northern play belfry southern play johnson than we come back down there flip flop johnson play northern belfry play southern
I think Johnson county already playing northern Pulaski if not miss stacking but we all need games
I agree with the Johnson Belfry home and home bowl.. Would be 2 great games!! But we (Southern Pulaski) play Johnson at home on the 29th of august. As far as the kids supposedly leaving.... Guess we will see lol
eagles2011 Wrote:I think Johnson county already playing northern Pulaski if not miss stacking but we all need games

I believe southern Pulaski is playing Johnson, have not heard anything about northern Pulaski scheduling them. Although I do believe these are the team's to beat in D1 this upcoming season.
Johnson plays Northern in Richmond August the 8th.
Northern does not have Johnson County on the schedule yet. The folks in Richmond never got an opponent lined up before Northern filled that date on the 8th. Sat on it for weeks. Can't "wait and see" to fill dates, Johnson knows as much about that as anyone. Would love to see that match-up. Have a feeling it'll happen before the year is over at some point.
I talked to coach Foley about trying to get something like that arranged, as well as trying to get something lined up with bowling green and some teams from out that way as well. Maybe we could meet up in the middle or something next year. But we will host Johnson on Aug. 29th, we tried to get Belfry as well but they couldn't get it approved for travel reasons obviously. As far as kids leaving Southern and heading to Northern, I have no idea what you are talking about. I coach the kids that are at practice and will continue to do so.
Would be great to see a BIG TIME bowl game of this kind. Make it a early season event. Two reasons come to mind. These are the team's that constantly have trouble finding games early on, because of their talent level, travel, etc... Also it gives the programs a good look at what they have, and will need to work on before conference, or tournament time. I would do the same with the powerhouses of all class. In regards to northern getting players from southern I don't know, but I have seen them at a passing league tournament and they have tremendous size and speed, big recievers that go up and get it, with a good QB to go with it, lineman also dominated big man challenge. Whatever they are doing is working...
Hazard has turf right? They could host an end of August bowl rotating teams from central ky to mountain teams pretty easy. Probably have about 6 games and make a nice chunk of change.

We were supposed to play belfry and I definetly understand any administration not wanting their kids to make such a long trip.
Northern Pulaski vs. Johnson County - D1
Southern Pulaski vs. Corbin - D1
Belfry vs. Wayne County - D2
Meece vs. Hazard - D3

That would be a nice payday for the folks at Hazard. Would like to see those match-ups in the coming years. Like previously mentioned by another poster, the D1 schools could flip-flop each year. Those teams are usually there at the end and travel well. Meeting at Hazard would take care of a lot of the distance problems between these schools.
If something like this could be arranged, I guarantee you that Coach Holbrook would schedule Johnson County every year. If some want it changed up a little each year you could also look at teams like Letcher County, Clay County, North Laurel, South Laurel, Bell County, Knox County, etc. to name a few. These four game events make sense as fundraisers for some and also assist teams like us that have a hard time scheduling local teams that for what every reason shys away.
4 pete's sake Wrote:Rumors have it Northern has loaded up again to win the state. They have brought in big lineman from Taylor co. Big lineman from Southern, TE/DE from Southern, QB from Southern, rumor of a player from Bowling Green and possibly running back from Southern. Coincidence 4 of the players mentioned above played under the coach on the KY team. Glad we didn't schedule them!

How many 16 year olds do they recruit?
pjdoug Wrote:How many 16 year olds do they recruit?

Northern Pulaski has been a part of KYMSFA for several years which has strict age guidelines that match KHSAA's.

That's the good thing with KYMSFA teams: you know what you're getting.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Northern Pulaski has been a part of KYMSFA for several years which has strict age guidelines that match KHSAA's.

That's the good thing with KYMSFA teams: you know what you're getting.

:dudecomeon:
pjdoug Wrote::dudecomeon:

If you don't believe it, ask Meece as they were DQ'd from the playoffs a couple years ago because of an ineligible player. KMSFA dots their I's and crossed their T's. Northern is 100% legit as far as age restrictions. That is fact.

Whitley County is in the KMSFA as well I believe. They follow the same rules.
Wildcat18 Wrote:If you don't believe it, ask Meece as they were DQ'd from the playoffs a couple years ago because of an ineligible player. KMSFA dots their I's and crossed their T's. Northern is 100% legit as far as age restrictions. That is fact.

Whitley County is in the KMSFA as well I believe. They follow the same rules.

I believe you Smile. educate me on KMSFA. I dont know much about it :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I believe you Smile. educate me on KMSFA. I dont know much about it :biggrin:

They're the KHSAA of Kentucky middle school football. If the KHSAA were smart, they would make it mandatory for all participating high schools to include their respected middle schools in the KMSFA. All of the big time high schools have middle schools who participate with the exception of Mayfield and Highlands. The NKY area has their own league I believe.
Wildcat18 Wrote:They're the KHSAA of Kentucky middle school football. If the KHSAA were smart, they would make it mandatory for all participating high schools to include their respected middle schools in the KMSFA. All of the big time high schools have middle schools who participate with the exception of Mayfield and Highlands. The NKY area has their own league I believe.

Why cant I find schedules on their website? am I overlooking it?
You aren't. MSFB is a little different animal than 2 year contract Varsity football. A lot of coach turnover not to mention the amount of back outs on games by new coaches.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You aren't. MSFB is a little different animal than 2 year contract Varsity football. A lot of coach turnover not to mention the amount of back outs on games by new coaches.

so is it a guessing game? lol
Basically, yes. You'll have 8-10 games on a schedule, but it's not uncommon for folks to cancel the night before. We had an instance like this last season where a team cancelled Friday night and we replaced them with another team the same night for the following Saturday game. I personally think that if teams commit, there should be some sort of slap on the wrist from the KMSFA if you back out.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Basically, yes. You'll have 8-10 games on a schedule, but it's not uncommon for folks to cancel the night before. We had an instance like this last season where a team cancelled Friday night and we replaced them with another team the same night for the following Saturday game. I personally think that if teams commit, there should be some sort of slap on the wrist from the KMSFA if you back out.
I think so too. fulfill your obligations.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Basically, yes. You'll have 8-10 games on a schedule, but it's not uncommon for folks to cancel the night before. We had an instance like this last season where a team cancelled Friday night and we replaced them with another team the same night for the following Saturday game. I personally think that if teams commit, there should be some sort of slap on the wrist from the KMSFA if you back out.

What do you propose?
plantmanky Wrote:What do you propose?

A mandatory forfeit for the cancelling team if it's within a certain time frame prior to kickoff, point deductions counting toward playoff seeding, a small fine per game added onto the KMSFA dues for a year, etc. I'm only referring to games where there is no good reason for canceling. Lightning or tornadoes are excused. My 11 best players are out sick or on vacation is not.
Plantman,

With teams needing to submit their schedules this year to the KMSFA, if a team drops and is replaced after the submission date, do we need to resubmit the schedule or how would that be handled? We haven't set our schedule yet (well we haven't gotten our open dates from JCPS yet) but just a thought as to how that situation would need to be handled.

Thanks
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Plantman,

With teams needing to submit their schedules this year to the KMSFA, if a team drops and is replaced after the submission date, do we need to resubmit the schedule or how would that be handled? We haven't set our schedule yet (well we haven't gotten our open dates from JCPS yet) but just a thought as to how that situation would need to be handled.

Thanks

Yes, resubmit with new schedule.
Cool...your like the KMSFA yoda..
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Cool...your like the KMSFA yoda..

Havent been called that before, but I will add it to the list of names I have been called, lol.