• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
Lets get the chatter started, what do you guys think?
Who are the potential candidates to lead Clay County Tigers Football?

A list of rumor mill fodder in no particular order.

Aaron Stepp Former Coach at Clay - Would he / Could he?
Mike Whitaker Currently coaching at Webster County
Zach Lewis Currently an assistant coach at Morehead State
Jackie Jewel Currently an assistant coach at Corbin
Randy Frazier Currently not employed coached at Middlesboro 2013
William Blair Currently at Boyle County was assistant at Clay under A. Stepp.

Who Else...????
I don't hear anything up here about Clay County!!! LOL Wish I did.

I was wondering if you're trying to out-do Gut with your new coach thread!

Wink
I ain't heard nary thing over this way.
Chuck Smith! Oh wait that was last year, sorry LOL. Seriously though, Dudley Hilton from Taylor County????
FBfan4life Wrote:Chuck Smith! Oh wait that was last year, sorry LOL. Seriously though, Dudley Hilton from Taylor County????

hahaha, Just in heard ole DUD was looking at a house around the Manchester area.
Can't have a thread like this without throwing Hilton's name in the mix!
SLHSCard Wrote:hahaha, Just in heard ole DUD was looking at a house around the Manchester area.

Hey why not right? Great coach, close to the mountains, he can implement the ground and pound into Clay's system, plus I think he can pull more student athletes at Clay than Taylor Co. Just a though..
Not if we get him in Laurel first.
Oldtiger Wrote:Lets get the chatter started, what do you guys think?

Who Else...????

Jackie Jewell's last season as an assistant at Corbin was 2012. I heard he then was hired on at North Laurel, but didn't stay there long.
I don't see any of the Jewell's going over to Clay and I don't see the Lewis kid leaving MSU for a high school job. Not really sure about the rest of that bunch.
First post so howdy lol
Whitaker and Blair are prolly the only ones that could possibly be interested from that list.
Lewis has already said no and is very close with the previous staff. Stepp, I'm sure wouldn't come back. MP Sizemore would prolly be interested but not sure.
Frazier and Jewell--not here.
Some good names listed! I would love to see Ben Howard back in high school football. One of the best offensive minds I've ever seen in high school!
CC should go after Zach Lewis!

Who Else...????
It will NOT be Stepp or Blair!!!!! Bet ya!
what about jim black who is right next door to Clay at north Laurel right now.he will be available after Friday night
Randy Frazier would be a good fit.
Coach Black has a job, not for heir! Don't be so sure he will be done on Friday either! The Jags may have something to say about that! How about Bobby Keith he pretty much owns all of Clay Co. anyways??
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Coach Black has a job, not for heir! Don't be so sure he will be done on Friday either! The Jags may have something to say about that! How about Bobby Keith he pretty much owns all of Clay Co. anyways??

He has a job but not a hc job he would do well at clay. and sorry SW will crush a good NL team this time guaranteed :biglmao:
wiznut Wrote:He has a job but not a hc job he would do well at clay. and sorry SW will crush a good NL team this time guaranteed :biglmao:

After watching NL this season a lot, I will never say never about that team. They may well just have some fire left and make this a ballgame after all! SW only beat them by 1 pt during the regular season, I keep saying that was not a wipe out any way you want to look at it. One controversial call done away with, the W could have gone to NL in that game! Elements may well play a role in this game. 24 hrs from now we will know! :runtouchd
Somebody said they saw Dudly out house hunting,
Confusedinglepar
Tight End Wrote:After watching NL this season a lot, I will never say never about that team. They may well just have some fire left and make this a ballgame after all! SW only beat them by 1 pt during the regular season, I keep saying that was not a wipe out any way you want to look at it. One controversial call done away with, the W could have gone to NL in that game! Elements may well play a role in this game. 24 hrs from now we will know! :runtouchd
Someone that comes to mind right off the top of my head that could come in and turn a team around pretty quick is Tommy Greer. Not sure where he is coaching now, someone told us he was an Assistant, maybe Corbin or Bell County? Someone may know for sure. I just remember he knew the game well before I left the area & he was doing well coaching several years ago. :theman:

Who Else...????

William Blair is at southwestern
Why anyone would want to hire a guy in his early 20s to coach a high school football team that he played for just 5 or 6 years ago is beyond me.
If you want someone that bad, put someone else in charge and let that kid learn for at least 5 or 6 years.
SLHSCard Wrote:Not if we get him in Laurel first.
forget it.he is going to Whitley County:biggrin:
Tight End Wrote:Someone that comes to mind right off the top of my head that could come in and turn a team around pretty quick is Tommy Greer. Not sure where he is coaching now, someone told us he was an Assistant, maybe Corbin or Bell County? Someone may know for sure. I just remember he knew the game well before I left the area & he was doing well coaching several years ago. :theman:

Corbin assistant
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:William Blair is at southwestern

- Thanks for correcting I had no clue where Coach Blair is, last known was Boyle.

- I totally agree a young guys first head coaching gig doesn't need to be his old school, no doubt he could work the X & O's but being a head coach involves so much more, such as dealing with psycho parents that believe Junior is the next coming of Tim Couch.

Greer Would be an excellent hire for Clay.
Frazier or Black would be good hires.
several of the names listed above would be good choices. are any of them interested?
First off, Clay needs a coach that will hold himself accountable for the teams performance. The players who failed their drug test were held accountable, as they should have been, the coaches are no different. If you have to finish the season playing freshmen with no experience because the majority of the upperclassmen that played quit for the 3rd year in a row. That should raise a red flag that there is a change needed.
I wish the Clay administration the best of luck in finding a coach with this type of character.
On a happier note, Old Tiger, I believe Amon got rid of one of the psycho parents with the dismissal of the coaching staff.
  • 1(current)
  • Next