Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2015
Since BoBo seems to be in the know about the Highlands program, lets hear what we have to look for from the Birds in 2015. What key players return and what are the chances of this team repeating next year?
Strength of many teams over last 10 years has excellent play at QB. I feel the QB spot will really drop in talent next year and down the road next couple of years. WR talent will also be down. Looks like RB spot will be OK, but not great. O and D lines not sure how they will be, have some talent coming back though. Also have some talent coming back in LB's and DB's. Depth will for sure be down. I look for some loses next year and a struggle to get a couple wins in playoffs, but you never know with the coaching staff they have; never count them out. Seems they always have someone unexpected to step up and make a big impact for the team.
sstack Wrote:Strength of many teams over last 10 years has excellent play at QB. I feel the QB spot will really drop in talent next year and down the road next couple of years. WR talent will also be down. Looks like RB spot will be OK, but not great. O and D lines not sure how they will be, have some talent coming back though. Also have some talent coming back in LB's and DB's. Depth will for sure be down. I look for some loses next year and a struggle to get a couple wins in playoffs, but you never know with the coaching staff they have; never count them out. Seems they always have someone unexpected to step up and make a big impact for the team.

Looks like we got our wish, sstack. I believe we will play each other several times over the next four years. It sounds like both teams will lose several players, but like you said, you never know. We have a great bunch of young kids coming up and after next year they will be hard to beat.
Jaw flapper Thats all. Sad
I spoke to these kids all year. Most of the time they texted me. They respect me and like me. And know I forgot more football than most people know. And I'll be with some of them next Friday. Their take is next years team will be good. But not as good as this past year. But they're leaving. So they can say that lol.
Yeah next year the birds will not have the superhero QB..... but this team might have other strengths

QB - Mitchell Cain (WR from last year) could be the move. Hergott is a good athlete but probably wont be QB... younger QBs have a shot to prove themselves.

RB - Kendall should be the main horse... young Pulsfort might contribute. young Crosley New might be a break out soph.

WR - Cain if not QB, Chandler New, I hope Beal plays O or at least some both ways, and there is another Green.

TE - I think Hergott will end up here, and it would be nice to have some talent at TE again for a change.

Oline has Hebel and Haas coming back, I feel the Oline will be better than most years... a lot of talent and experience coming back... sleeper Oline.

The Def has a lot of juniors coming back.... Beal, Zeigler, Welsch, Dougherty

I really hope they play Beal and Hebel both ways.
HHS will be alright. Every team loses players every year. HHS lost a lot but they have a lot coming back.

Kendall returns at running back with Pulsfort and Murry as juniors
Three starters on the o-line coming back: Hebel, Richardson, and Haas. Raleigh and Finfrock should round out the o-line.
Three experienced receivers: Miller, Cain, and New will be seniors.

On Defense:
Robinson returns on DL. Bravard also got a lot of time on DL as a sophomore.
Inside backers are Doughtery and Dressman - both got a lot of time last year.
Beal is back in the secondary.

Doughtery will handle the kicking as always.

They got back in the gym on Monday. A lot of open spots. It will be fun to watch.
Offensive Line should be a strength for this team for sure. Return 3 starters from a line that really came along as the season progressed. Might we see Tyler Robinson pull a little double duty on the O-Line? Interested to see if there is a change made at QB. I am guessing the answer would be no. Might Pulsfort move to WR to give them some speed on the outside. Someone will have to help Kendall in the backfield because you do not want him to wear down as the season goes along. Might we see Daughtery return to the backfield on occasion to spell Kendall?

Defense is a concern based upon the fact they graduated their entire linebacking corps and 3/4 of the defensive backfield. Sure there will be some shifting around and possibly kids playing a little on both sides of the ball.

Interesting offseason for sure, but I am sure the coaches have some ideas of what they want to try and accomplish and thus will get kids in positions where they can help the most.