Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Paul Chapman to Knott County Central
Hellraiser Wrote:Well it may not be physical abuse that Chapman will give them, but it is definitely mental and emotional. You have to consider, the players are still kids, its not like this is college or the NFL. There are certain ways you should not talk to a kid. The language he uses towards his players will have to go, if not he will not last at Knott Central. Why do you think he is gone from Perry? Because they don't want him back after the way he treated the players there. They refused to play for him, so Knott County better hope they have enough players to even have a team because of their poor choice as a hire. They went ot of their way to hire someone outside of the county when they had a few inside that would have got the job done and was well qualified. I hope this does not come back to bite Knott in the butt like it did Perry! The ones that suffer from the ignorance of the people doing the hiring, are the players!

You most def. applied for this job and didn't get it!
I think Chapman has already caused extreme emotional distress for Hellraiser. I believe his mental distress was probably something Hellraiser was born with.....:biglmao:

He is really going to feel "extreme" emotional and mental distress when he ends up causing other family members to lose their jobs due to his own ignorance.
Hellraiser Wrote:Well it may not be physical abuse that Chapman will give them, but it is definitely mental and emotional. You have to consider, the players are still kids, its not like this is college or the NFL. There are certain ways you should not talk to a kid. The language he uses towards his players will have to go, if not he will not last at Knott Central. Why do you think he is gone from Perry? Because they don't want him back after the way he treated the players there. They refused to play for him, so Knott County better hope they have enough players to even have a team because of their poor choice as a hire. They went ot of their way to hire someone outside of the county when they had a few inside that would have got the job done and was well qualified. I hope this does not come back to bite Knott in the butt like it did Perry! The ones that suffer from the ignorance of the people doing the hiring, are the players!
Lessons for life. Learn to take some physical and emotional abuse. Suck it up and play and become a better man.
thegr81 Wrote:You most def. applied for this job and didn't get it!

Agree, certain people say they want whats best for the program and then when everything doesn't go their way they try to destroy it. by the way with the applicants that applied to hire a grade school coach(who will be a good coach one day), two coaches with no experience, and one who destroyed the team last season I believe they made the right decision.
I am just glad to see a KCC football thread that has over 2500 views!!HAHAHA
Hopefully we will see more next season when they finally start to turn things around.
Cellking Wrote:IMO: Coach Chapman will not be the problem. He can be part of the solution. The People of Knott County, The Administration and School Staff need to decide they want Football to be successful and support it. Financially and every other way possible.

The support is there. They have started a youth league K-2, 3-4, 5-6, They have weight lifting class for team, they run activity buses for players,and now have hired a proven winner.
Kcc made a good hire,he"ll turn em around but after about 5 seasons he will leave you hogh and dry in the middle of summer without a coach,
Knott, you need to learn from other program's mistakes. JPC is not a program man. He does not totally invest himself. You will be hung out to dry. History does repeat itself. The only way he stays is that he will not be able to land somewhere else. Good luck to you.
No I did not apply for the job nor am I trying to destroy the program. i am just stating facts. I do believe I have hit a nerve. So you say someone applied for the job that destroyed the team last year, who in the world could that be. the person who destroyed the team is gone and did not apply for the position.
Hellraiser Wrote:No I did not apply for the job nor am I trying to destroy the program. i am just stating facts. I do believe I have hit a nerve. So you say someone applied for the job that destroyed the team last year, who in the world could that be. the person who destroyed the team is gone and did not apply for the position.

How can you state any facts and what makes you the expert on the Knott situation? Were you on the staff or did you just hear rumors? So who destroyed the program that didn’t apply if you are the “all knowing” of the facts? Were you in the coach’s office during meetings, on the sideline spying, tapping the phones lines or on the coaching staff to supposedly know so much? :notworthy
I am not an expert on the Knott County situation. It is obvious that no one is or the program would not be in the shape that it is in. I am still waiting for someone to tell me who destroyed the program and then turned around and applied for the job? I think, from what I have heard and my personal experience, with seeing Chapman in action, they made a poor choice in hiring him. At least Hollon did not treat the kids the way that Chapman always has treated his players. He may know the game but you got to remember that, these still are kids. That is always something that I had much respect for Hollon in doing, he seemed to be a good guy and care about his players, just couldn't win games. That is my only fault I had with Hollon, he did not pass the ball and could not win games. Other than that, seemed to be a good guy overall. I hope Chapman has mellowed out some and really does turn the program around, rather than destroying it even more. I just really don't see it happening.
I understand your concerns. I think Hollon won 4 games last year and didn’t pass that much and for Knott’s program that was a big turnaround. From what I understand, he played the same offence this year as last and passed about the same amount. Last year I didn’t hear anyone complaining but for some reason everyone has been riding him for not passing; strange. From looking at where Hollon has coached in the past (Pike Central, Perry, Breathitt and Madison) they did pass a lot. Do you think there may be a small chance he felt the program was not at the level to be able to pass as much as those programs? Sometime you have to crawl before you walk. Anyways, sounds like you all should have let the coach coach his way and maybe you all wouldn’t be complaining about getting a new coach. I’m just saying sometimes it’s best to leave things alone. Best of luck to the Pats.
Multiple page thread on Knott football.That has never happened.Like I said before,the powers that be wanted Chapman.He's here and let's support him.You never know,he might just stay if the community and players buy in to his program.What does Knott have to lose with this hire.Knott's program is as low as it can get.Only one way to go and that's up.Chapman wants to win and I hope the Patriots much success in the upcoming year!
zonebuster Wrote:Multiple page thread on Knott football.That has never happened.Like I said before,the powers that be wanted Chapman.He's here and let's support him.You never know,he might just stay if the community and players buy in to his program.What does Knott have to lose with this hire.Knott's program is as low as it can get.Only one way to go and that's up.Chapman wants to win and I hope the Patriots much success in the upcoming year!

I agree.

I have never been a Chapman fan but it is clear the man does know football and how to win games.

I think this is literally as good of a hire as KCC could have made considering their history.

Chapman may turn tail in 3-4 years and go to greener pastures... but if he does the KCC program at the very minimum will be in a better position than it is as we talk right now.
I just found this on the Phillip Haywood thread. The stats may hurt some of those who think you can only win by throwing the ball. The stats are from what they have done in their state championship games. They did pretty good running 5/6 running plays. LOL

2014:
352 Rushing
0 Passing

2013:
235 Rushing
9 Passing

2004:
526 Rushing (A performance I never thought received it's due)
0 Passing

2003:
319 Rushing
5 Passing

4 Titles..... 14 Passing Yards!

1432 Rushing yards!
I would think that the decision to pass or run would be based on the individual team's strength at their skill levels in combination with the opponent's weaknesses usually discovered thru scouting those opponents....Being able to do both or at least having the threat of being able to both is what you strive for....playing someone who's offense has only one mindset would be awfully easily defended.....just an opinion.
How many places has he coached?
Playboy5 Wrote:Would love to see that program turned around. School has always had alot of athletes in it year in and year out..Best of luck JPC.

Definitely needs a turn around , good group of boys
What happened with him and Pcc
I'm all confused, did Perry Central completely clean house?
All confused, so did Perry county central,, clean house with all coaches, or did they all quit, Chapman don't appear to be anyone's puppet, so I'm guessing that's why he's moved on to make a difference were he's allowed to