Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Tony Stewart in trouble?
After last weeks accident what are your thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I don't know, but I got to see the video about 1000 times and if they had a trial just on the video alone he would go to prison IMO.
IMO, the young man who was killed, my his soul rest in peace, shouldn't have gotten out of his car and acted like a jackass.
Westside Wrote:IMO, the young man who was killed, my his soul rest in peace, shouldn't have gotten out of his car and acted like a jackass.

I couldn't agree more. And he would be alive today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Don't get out of the car.
My opinion is that Tony Stewart did not hit the man on purpose. And I just don't like the majority of all these fans who do not know what they're talking about, speculate on what really went on. I literally heard someone say on ESPN that Tony should have hit his brakes. Thought to myself this dude has never been around a dirt track in his life, if you hit the brakes on dirt you will just continue moving at the same speed.

My prayers go out to his family!
I honestly think that Tony wanted to scare the guy and get a little squirrelly on him and it backfired...
but there's no way to prove that.
Spud6 Wrote:My opinion is that Tony Stewart did not hit the man on purpose. And I just don't like the majority of all these fans who do not know what they're talking about, speculate on what really went on. I literally heard someone say on ESPN that Tony should have hit his brakes. Thought to myself this dude has never been around a dirt track in his life, if you hit the brakes on dirt you will just continue moving at the same speed.

My prayers go out to his family!

No point in hitting the brakes when you are hitting the gas as you can clearly hear and see on the video. I have seen the video from every angle about 1000 times and this is my opinion. The guy just kept going down the track closer and closer and I've been to some dirt track racing, everything from go karts on up. I have seen people get out and try to punch people and throw things at people and even try to drag people out of the car. I think the guy was wanting Tony to stop and I think Tony gave it some gas to get past the guy and the back end got loose and he got sucked up under the back tire. You can see on the video if you look very close that right before he hit the guy his car was wiggling a little. I could be wrong, this is just my opinion. Sometimes in the heat of the moment our temper gets the best of all of us. Should the man have ever got out of his car..............no, but he did. What I want to know is why they don't come out with some kind of system to where, when something like this happens they don't just signal all the drivers on the track to stop. A lot of ways this could have been avoided and they don't all end with the man not getting out because humans will be human. I know some track officials had to see the man get out because a lot of time went by from when he got out to when he got hit. IMO the cars should never be moving when a person is on the track no matter the reason.
Do-double-gg Wrote:No point in hitting the brakes when you are hitting the gas as you can clearly hear and see on the video. I have seen the video from every angle about 1000 times and this is my opinion. The guy just kept going down the track closer and closer and I've been to some dirt track racing, everything from go karts on up. I have seen people get out and try to punch people and throw things at people and even try to drag people out of the car. I think the guy was wanting Tony to stop and I think Tony gave it some gas to get past the guy and the back end got loose and he got sucked up under the back tire. You can see on the video if you look very close that right before he hit the guy his car was wiggling a little. I could be wrong, this is just my opinion. Sometimes in the heat of the moment our temper gets the best of all of us. Should the man have ever got out of his car..............no, but he did. What I want to know is why they don't come out with some kind of system to where, when something like this happens they don't just signal all the drivers on the track to stop. A lot of ways this could have been avoided and they don't all end with the man not getting out because humans will be human. I know some track officials had to see the man get out because a lot of time went by from when he got out to when he got hit. IMO the cars should never be moving when a person is on the track no matter the reason.

This...he tried to pull a Tony similar to when Stewart got out of his car and threw his helmet at I think it may have Gordon back in the day. The difference is that Stewart did it in broad daylight and from a safe distance away from the flow of traffic on the caution.

This guy, in a black jump suit, at night on a poorly lit track didn't achieve a safe distance. This kid did just keep coming and the end result was tragic. I don't think Stewart will get in trouble with regards to racing, the law, etc...I think he's in trouble mentally for the rest of his life having to live with the burden he was part of someone dying.

No one certainly ever "recovers" from a tragic accident like this. And I'm not sure if he ever races again. I do know this much. The more he waits to race. The more likely I think he is done as a driver and chooses to just manage his team and teach other drivers. He may impose self exile for the remainder of this cup season and come back next year. I wouldn't bet any $$$ on that though!

Prayers of peace and forgiveness for all involved and effected...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi