Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Owens Wins Hatfield & McCoy Feuding 50 at 201 Speedway!
Jimmy Owens comes from his 17th starting position to win in his first ever appearance at 201 Speedway. Eddie Carrier Jr. led laps 1-45 and Jimmy led laps 46-50.

Great night of racing at Sitka, KY!
It was a great race but I feel the lappers allowed Owens the opportunity to win. That last caution was brought out due to Howell being lapped I believe. After Carrier and O'Neal went by, Howell just stopped his car to bring out the caution and then when he got it, he drove right off without any track assistance. I feel like he quit after he was lapped...could be wrong though. If the caution wasn't brought out, I feel Carrier had this race wrapped up.
I just hate that a lapper brought out the caution just to get off the track but that's racing i guess...
Regardless, great race by Jimmy Owens. He sure put on a clinic and I did not expect anyone to come from that far back and win this race
Skimps, I totally agree that he just seemed like he quit after that to get out of the way when in reality he killed Eddie. But that's racing.

Did you have trouble seeing the track for all the dust from where you sat?
The only area I had problems seeing was turn 2. Everywhere else I could see pretty good
Turns 1 and 2 was the only place of the track where I could tell what car was what.
I was on the front stretch, closer to turn 3 and 4
We sat on the back stretch and It was hard to see turn 2
Track was terrible