5. Kevin Durant
4. Tracy McGrady
3. Magic Johnson
2. Kobe Bryant
1. Michael Jordan

http://www.sportsbreak.com/nba/6-players...es-1-on-1/
LOL NO WAY....

Maybe Jordan but thats it...
In a series of 3 games, I'm taking LeBron against any of these besides Michael.
Larry Bird would tear him up.

I never liked Jordan, id take Lebron over Jordan.
^
Did you really google search midget basketball player Confusednicker:
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://savpeople.com/images1/mark-eaton-6.jpg]

Mark Eaton would shut LBJ down!
But in all honesty - Take Jordan and Kobe in their prime and they are the ONLY people on this list that could do it.

Iverson?!?!
T-Mac?!?!?!?!?!
^
I don't think Kobe is even a top 10 player all time.
Its not because I dislike him, I honestly don't think Kobe has ever been a productive player, more or less a ball hog.
Kobe could if he could get all his points from the foul line. He has made a career of shooting under 40% but shooting 20 free throws to fatten up his average. Kick somebody and shoot two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I don't think Kobe is even a top 10 player all time.
Its not because I dislike him, I honestly don't think Kobe has ever been a productive player, more or less a ball hog.

Kobe has taken more than his fair share of shots...
but to say he wasn't productive is a completely different story.

He was an elite defender in his prime and he's one of those players that can elevate his game to another level and put teams away by himself.

The ONLY players I've seen (in my lifetime) that have that ability are MJ, Kobe and LBJ.

Durant is getting there.
[YOUTUBE="Kobe vs Jordan"]?v=QS8wCJ_eSRo[/YOUTUBE]

Phil goes on to say that he thinks Michael would win...
but I still think this is hilarious and tells you a little bit about how intense Kobe is.
And for the record - I think if Kobe/Michael play one v one in their primes...
Michael wins about 60% of the time.
Michael Jordan could beat Mike Tyson, he is THAT GOOD!
Boys, if I didn't have a bad knee, I could beat LeBron.

I could not stand Michael Jordan but he is by far the greatest player I've seen. When he was on the court he was like O. J. He was a stone cold killer.
Oooh, I forgot about that one, MJ could be OJ too!
No way Iverson or Magic beats LeBron 1 on 1, and I cannot stand LeBron. Iverson is way too small and even though he is quick, LeBron doesn't have to worry about keeping up with him full court, just in a half court and that is not even to mention the GIGANTIC mismatch LeBron presents to Iverson when he is trying to defend LeBron. He gets swept, easy. Magic has the size but not the total of weapons needed on offense to beat James. He might win a single game but that is it. In his prime and healthy McGrady is a challenge. People forget what an incredible athlete he was and he could shoot the lights out from 25 feet out at times. I am not saying he would win 2 out of 3, but he wouldn't be swept either. Durant brings a huge challenge for James. He is actually taller, can shoot from pretty much anywhere and get his shot off even on LeBron and can finish around the rim if he needs to. Problem for him is the lack of strength he has, especially next to James. He would give him three good games, but James wins two out of three. I think the two that beats James in their healthy primes are Kobe and Michael, no doubt. Kobe has quickness, shooting ability and a variety of moves that would put so much pressure on James when on the defensive that he would have a tough time matching that when he had the ball. James would win a game and compete in the other two, but Kobe wins 2 out of 3. Jordan, well he is the G.O.A.T. and he would bring such focus and fire to this that he would have James beat before the first shot. During most of his career Jordan was not only the best offensive weapon in the NBA, but if not the defensive player of the year each season he was close to it, many times registering over 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season. And as far as being an accurate shooter, he shot nearly 50% for his career and was over that mark before coming back for that terrible run in Washington. He beats James easily in the first game and coasts to the sweep in the second one. I could be wrong, but that is how I would see it breaking down.
In a one game series, any of these players could beat any other player, but LBJ, MJ, and Kobe are top tier one-on-one players who have no weaknesses. In a team game, Kobe's selfish, ball hogging ways have hurt his FG percentage and assist numbers, but his self-centered nature would be an asset in a one-on-one tournament. Going one-on-five is good preparation for a one-on-one tournament. :eyeroll:
Kobe beats LBJ
1986 - Michael Jordan
2006 - Kobe Bryant
Anthony Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Penny Hardaway before injuries.
1980 Magic Johnson
Overrated! Wrote:Anthony Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Penny Hardaway before injuries.

Wow.
Any of these guys could possibly beat him one on one but if you were choosing sides for a pickup game, how many would you choose over Lebron.
There is simply no person in NBA history that could beat LeBron James in a series of 1-on-1's due to the fact that LeBron is just to versatile, sure he's definitely not the best of all time but he has so many tools in his arsenal.
Magic would demolish LBJ.. but Jordan is by far the best player to ever play the game. Kobe is close to being in the top 10 of all time.. Isiah Thomas is better than half the people on this list.. I don't think Iverson is even close to being on the level with half the guys you mentioned.. sure he will be a hall of famer and so will Tmac but no where near a bill Russell, Larry bird, shawn kemp, karl Malone, John stockon.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Apparently nobody else thinks that the greatest scorer and rebounder in the history of the NBA would stand a chance against Kobe or pipsqueaks like Iverson. I think that LBJ is probably the best one-on-one player in the history of the game because of his size combined with his strength and quickness.

However, at his peak, Wilt was very agile, a great defender, and would have severely limited second shot opportunities by smaller guys like Kobe who have sub-45 percent lifetime FG percentages. Bad shots in a game against Wilt would be deadly in a one-on-one game and I don't think he would have given up many successful dunk attempts.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Apparently nobody else thinks that the greatest scorer and rebounder in the history of the NBA would stand a chance against Kobe or pipsqueaks like Iverson. I think that LBJ is probably the best one-on-one player in the history of the game because of his size combined with his strength and quickness.

However, at his peak, Wilt was very agile, a great defender, and would have severely limited second shot opportunities by smaller guys like Kobe who have sub-45 percent lifetime FG percentages. Bad shots in a game against Wilt would be deadly in a one-on-one game and I don't think he would have given up many successful dunk attempts.

Wilt may be one of the best pure athletes to ever play in the NBA, and has been referred to as probably the strongest player to ever play in the NBA too.