6th Grade Games
Still staying with but changing last 2
1 Highland
2 Central Elementary
3 Meade
4 WR
5 Porter
6 Flat Gap

Going to be some good overall games this year I believe.
I do have a question I see on other messages talk about kid transfer from this school or this school. How can a kid transfer to different schools? I thought based on where they live that's the school they had to attend?
How did the best coach in the county team look last night lol.
I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow when the games count. Good luck and be safe to all the players
Prediction.
WR vs Meade
Central vs Flat gap
Porter vs Highland
WR over Meade 21-7
Central over Flat Gap 21-0
Highland over Porter 28-0
WR over Meade. 20 to 14

Central over Flat Gap. 21 to 0

Highlands over Porter. 28 to 7
WR over Meade 8-6 good game

Central over Flat Gap 26-0 I believe was the score.

When I left Highlands was up 6-0 on Porter
WR was lucky to win if the QB played for Meade they would have lost.
Not sure about that. Meade couldn't move the ball at all. The QB isn't even their best ball carrier. If WR actually plays their QB at QB instead of trying to let the coaches kid do it they win by 3 TDs. WR QB fumbled the ball 3 times. Every time they moved the ball on big plays it was called back. The flags was a little one sides I believe. But it was a good game for the opener both teams played hard. I thought the kid from WR got a little chippy at the end.
WR Castle has some talented kids on that team, however I do believe it would have been a different story if Meade's QB would have played. He has to be the fastest kid on their team. Anyway it was a great game to watch and thats what I like to see.

Central Elementary showed no mercy on Flat Gap, They scored at will.

I left halftime of the Highlands vs Porter game. I don't know if Highlands let up on them or not.
If Meade doesn't fumble inside there own 10 yard like they win. Meade is better then people think. There defense is great. The offense started picking up in the 4th. If the qb plays they win for sure.
WR Meade game was a good game. Meade had opportunity at the end. Flat Gap I heard was young plus didn't see a lot of players on the sideline for them. Central Elementary looked good. Highlands also looked very good as well. Porter must have lost a lot of players from last season. I would have like to see the county do a roster of all the teams with what grades their in.
Overall county has some good players. Like to see a travel team out of the 6th grades this season. I know basketball starts as soon as football is over
Meade is full of 6th graders. I know 9 of their starters are all 6th graders.
Highlands is full (7th and 8th graders like always) 6th graders.
WR has a few 6th graders but their team is made up of mostly 5th graders.
Flat Gap is really young also. They just have a few 6th graders. Their numbers are down to
Central is a good mix from what I've heard about half and half 6th and 5th.
Porter I'm not sure. Haven't heard much on them.
Highland is full of 7th and 8th graders lol .All of highland players are the right age or they could not play!
Inside joke there for a person that views this board...lol. But I do know they have a couple kids that have stayed back twice. But it really doesn't matter they'll all play together eventually.
I would like to know who has been held back two times that is bull and what team you pull for?
I pull for WR. Who are you rooting for? Kids staying back twice does happen. I should'nt have said I know a couple have stayed back twice but it came from a very reliable source from Highlands that they have stayed back twice.
I'm rooting for Highland and I have kid that plays for Highland, so your reliable source is very wrong.
One source is a coach from Highlands that told me about one of the boys that is suppose to be a 2nd year hold back. I just figured the coach knew what he was talking about. I guess he could've been wrong.
Doesn't this Highland team get this every year ? I am not for anyone in the county I just like watching the teams play and grow together. It seems like Highland Elementary gets accused of having older players every year. I do know a coach at the middle school and his boy plays for them, he told me their no older than any other teams. He went on to say this was the team Highland coaches have been waiting on, they have coached them up since 3rd and 4th grade.
Who knows? That's just what I was told. But your probably right you get it everywhere. I dont even live in Johnson county I just like to watch em play. I live closet to WR that's my rooting interest.

Heard WR beat Martin County 24-0 tonight.
All schools have hold backs. Look at 2 yrs ago one county school had 2 brothers start a week in middle school than came back to 6th grade. I know one school this year has a soon to be 12 yr old as QB in 5th grade. Only thing I disagree with is kids need to go to their own school. If you live in that section of the county they need to attend that school. It's different if say a kid from Blaine (Lawrence co) wanted to attend johnson county school district but they should attend the nearest County school. Also it's not the schools at fault more of the parents. I think these days more pressure is put on kids in sports by their parents. They want to live their playing days through their kids. Johnson county has a good overall sports program. I wish they could offer even more for kids not good in football or basketball. All kids need some extra physical activity or enjoyment. School is almost yr around now.
Week two predictions.
Highland Meade both win and easily.Central and WR Close game but I think WR by 2
Meade over Porter. 28-14

Highland over Flat Gap. 40-0

Central over WR. 24-18
Has anyone read the crap on Facebook that the Colvin man put. I don't know what point he is trying to make.
No, what did he post?
Central had a big win tonight over WR. Next Wednesday should be real interesting with the match ups
Highland 2-0
Central 2-0
WR 1-1
Meade 1-1
Porter 0-2
Flat Gap 0-2

Next week
Central vs Meade
Flat Gap vs Porter
Highland vs WR
I believe Meade Porter Highland all win next week