Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade Games
Meade is solid. In addition to Browning and Slone, they've got Toby Spriggs and Owen LeMaster, two kids that really stood out at Marshall's camp this summer.
Should be interesting this year!
I went to just about all the elementary games last year because Johnson County normally has some really talented 5th and 6th graders and I enjoy watching them play. From I seen Central Elementary is going to have a really good team, they were really young last year. WR Castle Elementary is another team I would not count out either.
My question is where is Flat Gap and Highland Elementary. These are two teams that always gets mentioned when talking about Johnson County football schools. I have talked to some coaches at the JC middle school and they seem to think Highland maybe better than last year. Just aren't hearing much about them.
The best time to see what all the teams look like is August the 15th can't wait until then.
I've watched a lot of county grade school games over the past years and most all the schools have 1 or 2 stand out players on each team. One of the best championship johnson county grade school games ever was last season between flat gap and highlands. As the game played out it was 1 kid from flat gap against a team play of highlands. Highlands always has a good overall team. It will be an interesting season. I think more teams are going to be equal this season.
Central Elementary looked really good last night against WR Castle Elementary. Their running backs were fast. They have Big fullback that runs hard and looks to be very hard to tackle. They seem to have a really good offensive line as well.
On Defense they are going to be one of the best in the county.
the best team in the county is HIGHLAND
Central looked good. Wr castle has a small line in my opinion. Wr's running back is a bruit to be that small. Saw him running over some players.
Yes, I also thought WR's line was small but seem to do well. I seen that they are sticking with the spread formation.

Central Elementary looked as if they had a little of everything. Good line and good backs.
WR spread offense in grade school??? I think teams need to run something similar to the middle school and middle school needs to run something like the high schools. I only got to watch some of the WR central game. Central looked good. They used the FB up the middle some. Should be an interesting grade school season. Do the grade schools have a roster showing what grade these kids are in?
Has anybody heard anything about flat gap? Or porter no one has talked about those teams. I heard flat gap didn't have a coach a couple days ago.
I don't think the teams puts out a roster but IDK
Did Highland Elementary play Lawrence County tonight ?
What was the score?
I would like to watch that game the bulldogs are big and strong should b good one
Does anyone know how highlands and Lawrence county went?
Coach Smith told me about 9pm tonight, that the teams were very even. I believe they just played like a 10 play drive and let the other team do that samething. He said they scored 3 times on Highlands first group and Highlands scored 3 times against their first group.
I think meade plays Martin county tonight if I'm not mistaken.
mead put a beat down on Martin County tonite
Meade 26-0 over Martin county. Very impressed by the defense and the play of the qb and running backs. The o-line also played great.
1 Highland
2 Central Elementary
3 Meade
4 WR
5 Flat Gap
6 Porter
1. Central Elementary and Highland.

3 WR and Meade

5 Flat Gap and porter
I think meade highland and central will be a dog fight.
From what I saw tonight there was only one dog in that dog fight and it is going to bite everyone
(Highland)
What did the schools look like ?
Yeah I didn't get there to see Meade, Flat Gap and Porter. I did see a Highlands team that will be very hard to beat. They were fast and strong kids. It has been a while since I have seen a elementary team look like that. Them kids seemed to always be in the correct positions. Very good TEAM.
SportsReel Wrote:Meade is solid. In addition to Browning and Slone, they've got Toby Spriggs and Owen LeMaster, two kids that really stood out at Marshall's camp this summer.

Lot of talk about Meade and Browning, how did they look in the grid? Anybody else have any standout players?
Meade looked pretty good. They travel to Betsy layne tonight. Should be a good one.
How did Meade and central do tonight?
Meade tied. Had a couple injuries in the qb and rb.
Here is what it looks like after watching the grid friday.

Highlands has to be considered the favorite. Then you have WR and Meade next with Central not very far behind them. Porter and Flat Gap are just a few steps behind the rest.

Highlands has the best RB with the Preston in the league this year. Fast, smart, cuts well. Their line is massive and works very well together. I thought Bingham and Willis were awesome friday. No glaring weakness that i saw maybe not great team speed but they do have good team speed.

WR has a very skilled and fast back field. Slone is a good RB who knows when to turn it up field. The Fletcher kid is small but boy does he run hard. If a kid tries to get in front of him he will run them over. The Rodriguez kid the Martin Co transfer is a great blocking FB. the only down side i saw was their line was a little small. There biggest asset is there team speed their really fast.

Meade is a team made up of hard working kids who never quit. Slone is the best FB in the league and the Browning kid is a solid RB. They has a solid line with a few big boys. The only flaw i saw was their team speed very slow as a team. But they make up for it with good team tackling.

Central is going to be a good team and could very well end up finishing first or second. But from what i seen i will put them here. I think they have best coaching bar none in the league. The Ayo kid is a solid football player who can make plays. The Pelphrey kid that came from Flat Gap is a big strong kid who blocks well and runs hard. The Rice kid is a solid QB but his decision making was a little suspect at times. The #99 kid not sure of his name is fast. If he gets outside hes gone.

Porter and Flat Gap are just not great this year. it will be a down year for both this year but they will be back.