•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
I expect Michael Jackson to be the top target. I know some of the parents are pushing for him and he fits all the criteria that the school system will be looking for.
redstorm Wrote:This is a very high profile job!
Corbin can't afford to make a mistake on this hire!

Yep I'm sure they need advise on this hire, I bet Crawford has been on the phone all morning with the Whitley County brain trust to get their inputConfusednicker:Confusednicker:
SEKYFAN Wrote:I expect Michael Jackson to be the top target. I know some of the parents are pushing for him and he fits all the criteria that the school system will be looking for.

Ballard's Mike Jackson? Dang good coach for sure.
Looks like Jackson is the man for the pups. Is that the same guy that was at Pikeville and 1 of the Oldham schools?
I'd still be pretty shocked, unless going home is THE job for him. I know he and his family love it in Louisville.

Oldham County which is in the Louisville Metro area, to Pikeville, then left Pikeville to go back to the same area.

Then again, some at Ballard are like some at other schools in the state where its State Championship or bust.
William Muney Wrote:Looks like Jackson is the man for the pups. Is that the same guy that was at Pikeville and 1 of the Oldham schools?

Yes.
I know it's late in the season for Corbin but, I wouldn't get in a hurry Jewell is still in place and can keep the program in the weight room and moving forward. You make the wrong choice and your stuck for 3-4 years. I would rather put an interim in for summer or even a year (not likely) verse making the wrong hire in a hurry. With that said I know that there are a few good coaches available with the most likely to me being Frazier because he's currently not coaching. A lot harder to get a head coach that's already coaching

Dudley Larkey Mills good laugh
Russel if offered I believe he would take it
Jackson and Frazier are favorites 1a and 1b
Haddix I'm not real sure if he would leave
Corbin will not need take their time. Plenty of candidates will be knocking on the door. A new coach will be in place by April 15th.:Thumbs:

This is an exciting time for Redhound nation!
cherokee Wrote:Yep I'm sure they need advise on this hire, I bet Crawford has been on the phone all morning with the Whitley County brain trust to get their inputConfusednicker:Confusednicker:

I thought you were big on Chappell? So are you saying it was a mistake.
:dudecomeon:
I've been thinking about this for the past few days and while my opinion is able to change, right now, I think Tommy Reid is my favorite. New blood, outsider, but close enough to know what Corbin is all about. He's young enough to be here for the long haul and build a dynasty if things go well.
If Corbin doesnt go after Haddix then they are absolutely crazy. Wouldnt want to see him leave but he is the best young coach in the state. Loves football more than anyone I know and is one of the best role models you will ever meet. You wont find a better coach than him. If he was offered something better than what he has at Perry, I think he would take it. Just my opinion. Corbin is a football factory and it probably always will be. Haddix has made Perry Central into a pretty darn good football school. They might not win every game, but they put up a heck of a fight most of the time. Perry is a basketball school. I dont see coaches at South Laurel doing what Haddix does. To me, Perry and South Laurel are a lot alike.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:I thought you were big on Chappell? So are you saying it was a mistake.
:dudecomeon:

Like Chappell and know most of his family, and will be pulling for him to be successful, only time will tell if a mistake was made. But the Corbin job is totally different Whitley could take a chance after going 1-10 and being rock bottom and having to rebuild. Corbin can not take a chance on their hire, they must get it right the first time. This will be a high profile job with a lot of in state and some out of state coach's with winning records applying. I think the selection committee will be very focused in getting the right hire, I fell they will make a safe hire with a proven winner that can come in and immediately win, without rebuilding. I don't see them hiring anyone that has a losing record and taking the chance of being blamed if things turn out bad. It is a lot easier to say we hired the best and have credentials to back it up with, than say we thought he would do a good job. A lot of pressure on this administration. THESE DOGS ARE HUNGRY FOR A RETURN TO GLORY DAYS
Would be one interview Haddix.....:truestory:
If Corbin decides they want to be player in football again I don't think they will have any problem getting a top coach. But if a top coach was interested I think they would need some assurance from the administration. I have some friends that are coaches and they everyone say Haddix is one of the best young coaches in the state. I could also see them going after Russell and giving Mills a call to see what his interest was.
I heard today that Corbin had already contacted Frazier. Corbin would get a heck of a football player in his son too. Best name out there that does not have a job. He would be my first call too. He is going to be around a while too. After the way he was done at Middlesboro, I would love to see him somewhere. Kudos to Corbin for at least contacting a good one.
watcher Wrote:I heard today that Corbin had already contacted Frazier. Corbin would get a heck of a football player in his son too. Best name out there that does not have a job. He would be my first call too. He is going to be around a while too. After the way he was done at Middlesboro, I would love to see him somewhere. Kudos to Corbin for at least contacting a good one.

I doubt this is true. Corbin will wait till people contact them before trolling for candidates. I'm sure many will be applying.
I heard he contacted them last night. He was said to be extremly interested.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I heard he contacted them last night. He was said to be extremly interested.

That's probably closer to the truth.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I heard he contacted them last night. He was said to be extremly interested.

I know he has been contacting school looking for assistants jobs before the Corbin Job came open it would only make sense that he applied for it. I think Corbin will have there eye on a bigger prize, but he would make them a good one.IMO
I bet Mike Jackson will be seen in Bowling Green this weekend at the girls tournament.
Brent Jackson will more then likely be the next head coach!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:Brent Jackson will more then likely be the next head coach!!

I heard he doesn't want it and I really can't blame him. He's got it made where he's at. I don't think he can handle the pressure nor wants the aggravation.
Haddix
Who is Brent Jackson?
That was just what i heard. I do agree Frazier would be a great choice. Who is Brent Jackson?
Brent Jackson is there middle school coach and he would be a great hire the kids love him and he's had a lot of success in the middle school I think 3 state championships.
I don't know if Brent can handle the move up but I have heard a few people say his name. I just know it's being tossed around and I have pretty reliable resources!! I would rather keep him as a middle school coach and get a good highschool coach. Brent Jackson has been feeding Jewell kids ready to compete for a title for a few years now. If we would have had a better highschool system then things would have been a lot different. Corbin has some good assistants!! Drop Farris and keep the rest!! Perfect set up for any coach!!
1/4bak Wrote:Spoken like a true Corbinte , Hey Haddix cut his teeth in the state championship game when Breathitt beat corbin like 53-0, was very successful college career at Western 3 year starter at qb, Your choice of homeboys Duncan,Greer,Jackson, or Farris pick your poision,

3 year starter? When I look up his stats at WKU I see 45 completions out of 84 attempts with 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in three years. am I looking in the wrong place?
pjdoug Wrote:3 year starter? When I look up his stats at WKU I see 45 completions out of 84 attempts with 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in three years. am I looking in the wrong place?

Yes, he put up better numbers than that his freshmen year against EKU...
pjdoug Wrote:3 year starter? When I look up his stats at WKU I see 45 completions out of 84 attempts with 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in three years. am I looking in the wrong place?

He actually started all 4 years getting the nod as a true freshmen. He passed for 8000 yards in his career and rushed for almost a 1000. He wasnt in spread air raid type offense at western like he was in high school, but he led that WKU team very well. Torched EKU for 4 years.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next