• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Heard that the head coach resigned last night! Any truth? And if so, who will be the replacement?
Maybe the little guy from Williamsburg can install the XBox offense.
I'm sure GUT will weigh in and be screaming Dudley Hilton Confusednicker:
Copperhead11 Wrote:Heard that the head coach resigned last night! Any truth? And if so, who will be the replacement?

WHO did you hear it from???? Or were you there? Or or or or....
[quote=footballfever]WHO did you hear it from???? Or were you there? Or or or

You did notice I said any truth didn't you? That was just a rumor I heard. Guess it was right.
R.I.U.T.G will be...
Is this factual or still rumor?
Dudley Hilton is the first choice.

Bobby Petrino is a close second.
They turned down Nick Saban. didn't like his offense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dudley Hilton is the first choice.

Bobby Petrino is a close second.
And there it is Confusednicker:
hop24 Wrote:R.I.U.T.G will be...

I would take him over Hilton any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
If Black resigns and I highly doubt it,they will hire just like they have in the past they will look for someone that will stay there for a while know matter what there credentials are. The only chance they make a quality hire is that someone in the clique has a family member playing and is tired of losing.
I think RIUTG would be a good choice :Sad04:
Official!!!!!
It's official he resigned. This will probably be an inside hire. If that's the case the program will never grow.
I vote for gut no way anyone can talk more smack than him!!!

All jokes aside I hope they find someone who wants to see the program grow. Not someone who can say I'm a head football coach. Way to many of those types around already.
I hate that Black did not have more success at the county, but the schedule was a big part of that. I know Whitley was winning a lot of games in the mid 90's, but they did not play a schedule close to the one Black was playing. As for the next coach I think there are some pretty good coaches in the area. If they want to make a big splash they need to think about getting some good assistants hired for the new coach (whoever it may be). They should be able to find a head coach easily, but unless you can get some quality help it will not matter.
I have always heard Bobby Gibbs was the head coach in waiting, but I really hate to see Black go!!! He really changed the culture of the Williamsburg program. Black is a hard worker, and he knows his stuff .
I told you guys Black would be gone after this season...
E's Army Wrote:They turned down Nick Saban. didn't like his offense.

Too boring.
insideinfo Wrote:If Black resigns and I highly doubt it,they will hire just like they have in the past they will look for someone that will stay there for a while know matter what there credentials are. The only chance they make a quality hire is that someone in the clique has a family member playing and is tired of losing.

Playfast Wrote:I have always heard Bobby Gibbs was the head coach in waiting, but I really hate to see Black go!!! He really changed the culture of the Williamsburg program. Black is a hard worker, and he knows his stuff .

You both are correct. Lets hope and pray they clean house and go outside the program. I like Gibbs, but nothing will change under him. He already calls every offensive play as it is, and thats failed miserably.

I think you guys will be surprised who ends up here....
They are bringing Iron Mike back out of
Retirement? That's not going to work either.
^
Whos said anything like that?
Nobody.
So Black did indeed resign?
^
He's gone.
Personally, I think this should be one of the premier places to coach football in Eastern KY.
Thats not being a homer, but you have an abuncance of athletes, great facilities, and a good foundation.
If they can keep there noses out of it and select a person with no ties who will completely change the atmosphere, then Whitley will return to the top of this district and region.
I told you boys over a month ago Dudley Hilton was pretty much a done deal. I haven't heard anything lately but I'm sure with black resigning some more talk should be coming soon!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Personally, I think this should be one of the premier places to coach football in Eastern KY.
Thats not being a homer, but you have an abuncance of athletes, great facilities, and a good foundation.
If they can keep there noses out of it and select a person with no ties who will completely change the atmosphere, then Whitley will return to the top of this district and region.

How many district and regions have Whitley won.
If they had an abundance of athletes then Black would still be there. 35 kids in a 5A football team is crazy. Facilities are very good indeed and administration is supportive but I don't know about the "Premire" place in southeastern ky to coach. The only winning program at Whitley is their volleyball and baseball teams.
Mr. RIUTG, as a new member I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have to disagree with you on the statement that you made about the Whitley County facilities. Compared to even the other district members they are second rate. Every other district opponent has turf, great locker-room and weight facilities. Whitley facilities are out of date, the visitors have to dress in the gym. The grass field has holes all over, the only thing you can say is they have great parking.

20 years ago it was good, but now days it is not that great.

I hope that whom ever is making the decisions on the new coach and his staff is very thougthful in their future deliberations.
  • 1(current)
  • Next