•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
I thought you meant a Somerset coach lol
is the Dudley Hilton thing just a rumor?
Real Badman Wrote:Dudley Hilton will not leave Pikeville while JDH is still playing. Nevermind the fact that Pikeville has had it's most successful season since 2005.

So youre saying you would be mad if Dud left? Confusednicker:
Times-Tribune Newspaper
9 hours ago
BREAKING - Jim Black has resigned as head football coach at Whitley County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So youre saying you would be mad if Dud left? Confusednicker:

I'm telling you he won't leave while his son is still playing college ball. It was the entire reason he left Bell in the first place. JD has 1-2 years pending a MRS.
I guess we'll find out soon enough Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Times-Tribune Newspaper
9 hours ago
BREAKING - Jim Black has resigned as head football coach at Whitley County

Thanks for raining on my parade of misleads :biglmao:
Real Badman Wrote:I'm telling you he won't leave while his son is still playing college ball. It was the entire reason he left Bell in the first place. JD has 1-2 years pending a MRS.

Whoa there big guy, i didnt say he was.
Just asked if you were atleast a little worried....

For the record, Dudley isnt even on my list of 3.
I wont know for certain if my top choice will be really interested until after he gets knocked out of the playoffs.....that narrows it down a bit.

The other one is already out of the playoffs.

The third is of course Gibbs, if Whitley cant get who they want, and settle for what they have.
I hope who ever gets the job can turn the program around, because it only makes are area look better. It doesn't look good when year after year they're no good and don't even compete with half the teams they play, specially there district games.
Chuck Smith would be the top choice lol.the Tennessee county that borders has a good coach too Smile
Just say who your thinking and be done with it, or start a thread where you can talk to yourself back and forth. I am not sure why you think Gibbs would not make
An excellent coach? If I was third best pick I would decline the job if offered. If memory serves correct Black was not the first, second or third pick.
I hope he declines then
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wont know for certain if my top choice will be really interested until after he gets knocked out of the playoffs.....that narrows it down a bit.

The third is of course Gibbs, if Whitley cant get who they want, and settle for what they have.

You seem to be saying that Rick Rains will be at Whitley next year. That would be his third school in three years, there's some stability for you!! But then again, your list seems to change almost daily.
Rains isn't the answer.
Is the answer Jesus!!!!
footballfanatic33 Wrote:You seem to be saying that Rick Rains will be at Whitley next year. That would be his third school in three years, there's some stability for you!! But then again, your list seems to change almost daily.

Rains isnt among the three ive heard, but its not impossible as a next to last resort i suppose.
If im not mistaken, hes from this area, and has family here. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we dont get the others.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Is the answer Jesus!!!!

It is if you are a sinner and blasphame his name.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Is the answer Jesus!!!!
:dudecomeon: :lame:
Might not be a bad idea to bring someone in for 3-4 years then give Cody Jones a shot.
WHAT IS CODY'S MAJOR? AND WOULD HE BE WILLING TO GO BACK TO WILLIAMSBUR AFTER BEING IN LEXINGTON FOR YEARS?:popcorn:

OLD TIME HOCKEY!!!!!!
Who is Cody Jones?
STARTING FB FOR THE CATS. PLAYED AT WHITLEY IN 08:rockon:
Cody will have a teaching degree and will make somebody a great coach.
Why do we think he can coach?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wont know for certain if my top choice will be really interested until after he gets knocked out of the playoffs.....that narrows it down a bit.

OK your top choice still in playoffs. Your 2nd is out and Gibbs your 3rd choice?
You confuse me ALOT. You appear to have a list of 3 you want a list of 3 you heard. Are they close to the same or the same?
You have said Dudley all along now he's not on your top 3 BUT is he on the schools top 3?
He just throws a bunch if names out there so if it actually happens he can say he was right and beat on his chest. How do you know Cody Jones would make a good coach? Just because he played at UK? That's highly presumptuous. There is more work to being a head coach than just X's and O's. I will say this Black will be missed and not many know how hard the man worked and loved those boys.
Who is Rick Rains? Paul Rains?
Black out
Whitley County head coach resigns following 1-10 season

TheTimesTribune.com, Corbin, KY

CORBIN — By Chris Parsons / Sports Editor

Just three days after the book was officially closed on the Whitley County Colonels’ 2013 football season, Jim Black’s eight-year tenure as head coach of the team also ended.

Following an injury-riddled season that saw the Colonels finish with a 1-10 record, including Friday’s first-round loss to Pulaski County in the playoffs, Black submitted his letter of resignation Monday morning.

The long-time coach said the biggest factor in his decision was that he decided he no longer wanted to be a head coach. Despite the decision, Black left the door open as far as a return to coaching after he has time to think about the situation.

“I still want to coach, but I’d like to take time to reflect on things a little more,” Black said. “My feeling is that I don’t want to be a head coach anymore, but I do want to be an assistant and continue to coach.

“I do love coaching and the last four weeks, since I’ve known I’d be leaving, have shown me that,” he added. “Although it’s been a tough season for our team, this group of kids has really made coaching enjoyable.”

Black took over the program in 2006 after Mike Campbell stepped down to accept the position of Athletics Director (a job he still holds) in the Whitley County School System.

Since then, Black has led the team to an overall record of 40-53, with his best season coming in 2008 when the Colonels fell to Highlands in the state semifinals. This season marked the fourth time in eight seasons that the team won three or fewer games. Whitley County posted winning seasons in 2008 (12-2), 2009 (7-5) and 2012 (7-5), and were dead even in 2010 at (6-6).

Granted the Colonels played a relatively tough schedule with opponents posting a combined record of 66-43, Black said the intent when making the schedule was not to have the kind of season that 2013 turned out to be.

“It was obviously never our intention to lose all of the games we lost,” Black said. “If we hadn’t had the mass injuries, I honestly think we would have won a few more games than we did.

“With that in mind, I’m not sure if a few more wins would have changed things as far as this situation,” he added. “I will give credit to my kids because they never quit on each other, or on the coaches, and I think that was a reflection of our entire coaching staff.”

Despite an overall losing record over the course of Black’s tenure, Campbell was quick to credit Black for what he’s done not only for the football program, but the district as a whole.

“I’ve known coach (Jim) Black for at least 24 years and I’ve never come across a harder working football coach, or any coach period, than him,” Campbell said.

According to a statement in a press release from the Whitley County School District, Whitley County High School Principal Alan Sweet said Alan Ysidro will serve as interim head coach until the position is filled.

“We will begin our search immediately with the goal of hiring the best possible individual available,” Sweet said. “If at all possible, we would like to have someone on board in time for spring practice.”

- See more at: http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x8...Fqhxy.dpuf
pjdoug Wrote:Who is Rick Rains? Paul Rains?

Soon after Paul Rains was hired as Paul Laurence Dunbar's football coach last winter, he gave the coaches' office at Jon R. Akers Stadium a much-needed make-over, including brighter wall paint and new flooring.

Those cosmetic changes were easy. Now comes the hard part: remaking the Bulldogs into winners.

Rains was given the job because he's been a successful program-builder at several schools, including Lexington Christian Academy, where he led the Eagles to a Class A state title in 2009.

Rains has 195 victories in a 24-year career that has also had stops at Hazard, Montgomery County, Madison Central, Mercer County and Letcher County Central.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/08/23/27817...rylink=cpy
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next