•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Whitley will go outside and will be after one of the Top coaches in the STATE. I just hope he will take it.
Will know by the end of Nov!!!!
redstorm Wrote:Whitley will go outside and will be after one of the Top coaches in the STATE. I just hope he will take it.
Will know by the end of Nov!!!!

Now that Anderson is gone it is possible but highly unlikely. More than likely they stay in house.
HDE Wrote:How many district and regions have Whitley won.

Since going to 5A, (6 years) Whitley has won, or finished second in the district almost every year, with a region title in that same time span.

Say what you want to aggravate Whitley fans, but you know as well as i do, since 2008, Whitley has been right there. Multiple playoff games won as well.
Nobody said we were a state power, but compared to this year, theres a big difference.
insideinfo Wrote:Now that Anderson is gone it is possible but highly unlikely. More than likely they stay in house.

If they do go that route instead of what im thinking, then expect this process to happen again in about 3 years. We dont have an assistant capable of doing any better than Black.
Curly Wrote:Mr. RIUTG, as a new member I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have to disagree with you on the statement that you made about the Whitley County facilities. Compared to even the other district members they are second rate. Every other district opponent has turf, great locker-room and weight facilities. Whitley facilities are out of date, the visitors have to dress in the gym. The grass field has holes all over, the only thing you can say is they have great parking.

20 years ago it was good, but now days it is not that great.

I hope that whom ever is making the decisions on the new coach and his staff is very thougthful in their future deliberations.

No need to apoligize, we all have opinions.
I will agree that compared to other schools in our district (coal schools btw) there facilities are some of the best in the state.
However, let me remind you that turf sucks. Its extremely expensive, and completely different tha grass. Its also got to be replaced every 20 years, so where will that money come from?
Whitley has a great lockerroom and wieght facilities, and there is no need to make it better for "other" teams. They have plenty of room to dress.

4 or 5 years ago, Whitley was going to build a new stadium where the soccer fields are now. It was going to put other schools in this area to shame. It would have also been the biggest. But, they didnt want to move the field off campus, and to be honest, there would have been no parking up there. The only reason Whitley started a soccer program is because we had that land and nothing to go on it.

For you others who choose to wonder why i said premeir school to coach in the SEKY, because of location, location, location. South and North should be the same way, but there not.

Would you rather live in Corbin/London or pineville/mboro/harlan/whiteburg/hazard etc?

Seems pretty simple to me.
Im not going to act like im the super and have all the info, but if one thing i heard is true, and hes never let me down yet, then expect one fanbase on this site to be highly pissed when the announcement is made. Im not saying that coach has said yes or no, because the job has to be posted for 30 days before a decision can be made (Black was very generous in going ahead and resigning so we could start the process) but this certain fanbase has a coach you could see at Whitley next year, and there are a lot of them on here.

Once again, not a word from this poster until its common knowledge.
I am not sure who they want to hire, but I wish them luck. I think the type of person you hire is very important, and they need to hire someone that can build and improve upon their current feeder system. There is a lot to be done, but I agree with Gut that Whitley has a lot of potential to become a power in the mountains. It may take some time though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not going to act like im the super and have all the info, but if one thing i heard is true, and hes never let me down yet, then expect one fanbase on this site to be highly pissed when the announcement is made. Im not saying that coach has said yes or no, because the job has to be posted for 30 days before a decision can be made (Black was very generous in going ahead and resigning so we could start the process) but this certain fanbase has a coach you could see at Whitley next year, and there are a lot of them on here.

If this is who I think you may be talking about then wow, just wow pissed would not begin to describe it
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Since going to 5A, (6 years) Whitley has won, or finished second in the district almost every year, with a region title in that same time span.

Say what you want to aggravate Whitley fans, but you know as well as i do, since 2008, Whitley has been right there. Multiple playoff games won as well.
Nobody said we were a state power, but compared to this year, theres a big difference.

You're the only Whitley fan I'd want to aggravate Smile
Well, except for the Diet Pepsi drinker who challenged my credibility, even though I was right about what he said I was wrong about.

When you say return to the top, it sounds like you'd won several. I lost track of Whitley in the 90s. I know they weren't very good in the 70s and were behind Bell and Cawood in the 80s, but I thought they may have won some in the 90s and you wanted to go back to that.
HDE Wrote:You're the only Whitley fan I'd want to aggravate Smile
Well, except for the Diet Pepsi drinker who challenged my credibility, even though I was right about what he said I was wrong about.

When you say return to the top, it sounds like you'd won several. I lost track of Whitley in the 90s. I know they weren't very good in the 70s and were behind Bell and Cawood in the 80s, but I thought they may have won some in the 90s and you wanted to go back to that.

I wouldnt want it any other way.

I only look at 90 to now. I cant speak much on you older folks Confusednicker:

Whitley has never been a powerhouse, but they have had a strong program for 30 years.
HDE Wrote:You're the only Whitley fan I'd want to aggravate Smile

What does history got to do with it? There is no reason to kick a program that is down.
I was the genius who picked Whitley to finish second this year and challenge for the region. I'm not kicking them. I asked how many regional/district championships they had won since Gut wanted to get back to that.
HDE Wrote:I was the genius who picked Whitley to finish second this year and challenge for the region. I'm not kicking them. I asked how many regional/district championships they had won since Gut wanted to get back to that.

Shows how much you know Confusednicker:

Dont worry, i dont think anybody expected it to be this bad...
I have said it before and I will say it now. the head coach is not the problem, the problem is, the coaching and the administration of the middle school and the elementary programs, A good start would be two middle school teams yes two teams run completely indepently of each other in the with full schedules and no inner changing of players what so ever in order tp fit the won loss situation and rule that both teams must run both offense and defense teams. NO CUSSING JUST COACHING
topnotch Wrote:I have said it before and I will say it now. the head coach is not the problem, the problem is, the coaching and the administration of the middle school and the elementary programs, A good start would be two middle school teams yes two teams run completely indepently of each other in the with full schedules and no inner changing of players what so ever in order tp fit the won loss situation and rule that both teams must run both offense and defense teams. NO CUSSING JUST COACHING

The whole system should be about fostering competition and maximizing student involvement. I think they have a lot of work to do in their feeder system in both regards.
Has this coach officially resigned or just speculation?
[quote=HDE]You're the only Whitley fan I'd want to aggravate Smile
Well, except for the Diet Pepsi drinker who challenged my credibility, even though I was right about what he said I was wrong .

Pretty sure they are the same person.
Whitley had some great teams when Ky was in the 4 class system. Probably would have several regional titles if they were in the 6 class system back then.
Here are some names I have heard.
1. Gibbs
2. Lawson
3. Dave Mitchell
4. Chuck Smith
5. Dudley Hilton - he was spotted with Tommy Greer in Corbin yesterday.
topnotch Wrote:I have said it before and I will say it now. the head coach is not the problem, the problem is, the coaching and the administration of the middle school and the elementary programs, A good start would be two middle school teams yes two teams run completely indepently of each other in the with full schedules and no inner changing of players what so ever in order tp fit the won loss situation and rule that both teams must run both offense and defense teams. NO CUSSING JUST COACHING

So what you are saying is that the elementary and middle schools should not try to WIN games. They should just play and give everyone a participation trophy. You must be an Obama man. When do kids get taught how to win or that they are not ALWAYS gonna be given something just because they play?
I am sure that there are some things that could be changed in the system , but what you are saying is impossible to do. Go anywhere in the state and find a team that doesn't play at least some kids both ways or play kids up sometimes. It doesn't happen that way at that level. Coaches want to win and to do that you play your best 11.
You simply sound like a parent that had a kid that didn't get to play as much as you thought they should.
Could the Colonels get Rick Rains away from Dunbar? He is a proven coach with a ring and his parents still live in Williamsburg. Dave Mitchell will never happen.
Whitley has enough kids to put two middle school teams together and be competitive. 30 kids sitting on helmets in middle school games has not been productive.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:So what you are saying is that the elementary and middle schools should not try to WIN games. They should just play and give everyone a participation trophy. You must be an Obama man. When do kids get taught how to win or that they are not ALWAYS gonna be given something just because they play?
I am sure that there are some things that could be changed in the system , but what you are saying is impossible to do. Go anywhere in the state and find a team that doesn't play at least some kids both ways or play kids up sometimes. It doesn't happen that way at that level. Coaches want to win and to do that you play your best 11.
You simply sound like a parent that had a kid that didn't get to play as much as you thought they should.

If you want to build successful high school program you have to realize that middle school wins DON'T MATTER. Yes, you teach kids how to compete, and yes you try to win but not at the cost of not running the same schemes as the high school and maintaining a high participation rate to keep a large number of kids excited about playing high school football.
I still think they should hire

1. Unknown name - RIUTG
2. Dudley Hilton
3. Rick Rains
4. Unknown name - Topnotch
5. Unknown name- Me 64SUR
Confusederiously:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not going to act like im the super and have all the info, but if one thing i heard is true, and hes never let me down yet, then expect one fanbase on this site to be highly pissed when the announcement is made. Im not saying that coach has said yes or no, because the job has to be posted for 30 days before a decision can be made (Black was very generous in going ahead and resigning so we could start the process) but this certain fanbase has a coach you could see at Whitley next year, and there are a lot of them on here.

If you are correct, then that must be one very young, immature fan base. When a coach has done a great job for your program and decides to move on, for whatever reason, then the only smart thing to do is to thank him for all that he has done, wish him well, and assure him that you would be glad to write letters of recommendation for him if he ever needs them.

As far as I recall, that is exactly the way that Johnson Central handled the loss of Bill Musick when he decided to take a principal's position at Fairview. JC had just completed a 10-0 regular season and Coach Musick left a much better football program than he took over.

People change jobs and employers who have any class whatsoever wish them well when they move on.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:If you want to build successful high school program you have to realize that middle school wins DON'T MATTER. Yes, you teach kids how to compete, and yes you try to win but not at the cost of not running the same schemes as the high school and maintaining a high participation rate to keep a large number of kids excited about playing high school football.

Tell that to Pulaski County. There middle school program has been one of the best in the state and it has translated in to great succcess at the high school level too. Whitley middle school has ALWAYS ran the same schemes that the high school has and there were about 25 eighth grade players and 20or so seventh grade players, so the participation was there. I respectfully disagree with saying wins don't matter. It is a culture that has to develop in the program.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:If you want to build successful high school program you have to realize that middle school wins DON'T MATTER. Yes, you teach kids how to compete, and yes you try to win but not at the cost of not running the same schemes as the high school and maintaining a high participation rate to keep a large number of kids excited about playing high school football.
I agree with your point that the focus at the middle school level needs to be mastering the fundamentals, but doing so leads to wins and wins do keep players excited about playing the game.

I also believe that if possible, there should be separate football teams for each grade, even if that means that the 7th grade team takes its lumps against some 8th grade teams, and if it means that some 7th graders who are good enough to play up - don't. Once exceptions are made to the no playing up rule, then controversy and bickering among parents and coaches becomes almost inevitable.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:Tell that to Pulaski County. There middle school program has been one of the best in the state and it has translated in to great succcess at the high school level too. Whitley middle school has ALWAYS ran the same schemes that the high school has and there were about 25 eighth grade players and 20or so seventh grade players, so the participation was there. I respectfully disagree with saying wins don't matter. It is a culture that has to develop in the program.

I understand what you are saying. I guess what I mean is you should never do anything to hurt high school program in order to win middle school games. I've seen that first hand and it is never good for anybody. Obviously that's not what is going on at Pulaski and some other successful middle school programs.:Thumbs:
[quote=64SUR]I still think they should hire

1. Unknown name - RIUTG
2. Dudley Hilton
3. Rick Rains
4. Unknown name - Topnotch
5. Unknown name- Me 64SUR
:
This really old Colonel,, Can't wait too see who it is? I have family playing for WC and
hope they get from the top of the list. Even the one that nobody thinks is available!!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next