Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region 4 finals
SuperFan Wrote:Very interesting Wildcat18, I hadn't saw your post before. I strongly agree with the way you mentioned handling kids as well. This is after all about the kids.

On another note can we get a link to the financials? Not trying to accuse anyone of anything just wanting to be in the "know". I just have some questions and I want to see the financials. Team Ky just seems really expensive for all the money that is taken in through the playoffs and through membership fees. I know that most parents don't care at all because it truly is a great experience but the high cost can eliminate some of our states best athletes. I know that most inner city kids and mountain kids have a hard time coming up 175 plus buying a room for two days at each stop. If they make it to San Antonio this could be very expensive. I think we need to downgrade the trophies and plaques a little lol

The financials are printed and issued at the annual meeting for members. Forgive us for not posting it on an obscure message board with anonymous questioners.

There are way more expenses than just trophies as well. Believe me, we are an organization that works year round. Events that we put on require logistics that require up front capital. We do not "make money" on events. We cover our costs.

Our first year we had to use our own personal money to pay for things up front. We have grown far beyond the way things were way back then. That is simply no longer an option with the number of member schools we now have.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Forgive me for not seeing your question on that link. Clicked on it and I see a couple of long posts. Which one are you referring to?

What question did you have?

It is the very last post on that thread. It was a direct response to another comment (that directly followed one of your many comments) requesting volunteers. You keep bringing it up, so I was curious to see your response to someone who didn't have a good experience working with certain members of the board. I personally have no interest working along side people who conduct themselves in that type of manner. Not saying that about all, as only a few nuts can absolutely sour your taste on the whole batch. Hopefully you can change my vision on that.
I don't believe I was there for the incident you mentioned. Seems like you even said that too?

Not sure on the details of that day. I can tell you that there are a ton of possible variables. Maybe those guys were stressed? Maybe a parent had just laid into them? Maybe they didn't use the right tone or words with you? All those are certainly possible.

If you are talking about Greg Mitchell - I can say that I don't always agree with him either. However there is absolutely ZERO chance that the KMSFA would exist, much less be anywhere close to as successful without the direction and vision and hard work of that man. No one had worked harder for this association than him. What he had done is nothing short of amazing. Is he short sometimes in how he speaks? Sure. I'm a grown man. I deal with adults all the time who aren't always nice and sweet with how they talk. I am not thin skinned. When he and I have disagreed on things, I speak my piece no matter what. He and I understand one another just fine.

If the other man you were speaking of was Phil Hawkins, I will say similarly that these All Star events are on a whole other level than other supposed "football states" around us because of him. I know that because states like TN, OH, PA, etc. have come here and watched how we do things. We've met with them and shown them how we developed the KMSFA.

Look, I'm not writing to say you're not a man or anything like that. Guys get in the heat of the moment and say things they shouldn't or in a way that isn't always polite. Is it right? Probably not. But if we all went around pouting about hurt feelings, would we ever get anything done?

There are people on this very message board who are at least subtly accusing us of "padding our pockets". I'm not getting all huffy. I know the truth. Heck, part of me wishes I could parlay this into a part time gig, but that's not why Greg and I started this organization. We are proud of the fact of what we do with no paid staff, no set budget annually, and with changing membership numbers every year.

I think a lot gets lost in translation on these posts too. Anyone who has ever spoken with me personally knows that I'm not a sarcastic person. I laugh and joke as much as anyone. I love getting to Lexington and interacting with coaches and players and parents from all over our state. I think that 99% of those interactions with this association are positive. To me, that says we are doing things right.
Kudos to you KMSFA2.
KMSFA2 Wrote:I don't believe I was there for the incident you mentioned. Seems like you even said that too?

Not sure on the details of that day. I can tell you that there are a ton of possible variables. Maybe those guys were stressed? Maybe a parent had just laid into them? Maybe they didn't use the right tone or words with you? All those are certainly possible.

If you are talking about Greg Mitchell - I can say that I don't always agree with him either. However there is absolutely ZERO chance that the KMSFA would exist, much less be anywhere close to as successful without the direction and vision and hard work of that man. No one had worked harder for this association than him. What he had done is nothing short of amazing. Is he short sometimes in how he speaks? Sure. I'm a grown man. I deal with adults all the time who aren't always nice and sweet with how they talk. I am not thin skinned. When he and I have disagreed on things, I speak my piece no matter what. He and I understand one another just fine.

If the other man you were speaking of was Phil Hawkins, I will say similarly that these All Star events are on a whole other level than other supposed "football states" around us because of him. I know that because states like TN, OH, PA, etc. have come here and watched how we do things. We've met with them and shown them how we developed the KMSFA.

Look, I'm not writing to say you're not a man or anything like that. Guys get in the heat of the moment and say things they shouldn't or in a way that isn't always polite. Is it right? Probably not. But if we all went around pouting about hurt feelings, would we ever get anything done?

There are people on this very message board who are at least subtly accusing us of "padding our pockets". I'm not getting all huffy. I know the truth. Heck, part of me wishes I could parlay this into a part time gig, but that's not why Greg and I started this organization. We are proud of the fact of what we do with no paid staff, no set budget annually, and with changing membership numbers every year.

I think a lot gets lost in translation on these posts too. Anyone who has ever spoken with me personally knows that I'm not a sarcastic person. I laugh and joke as much as anyone. I love getting to Lexington and interacting with coaches and players and parents from all over our state. I think that 99% of those interactions with this association are positive. To me, that says we are doing things right.

That's very possible if those scenarios are accurate. The problem with me wasn't necessarily their verbal actions directly toward me. It was their actions IN FRONT OF THE KIDS. That's the problem I have. If someone has something negative to say to me, that's fine. I can take that. I'm far from thin skinned. We try to teach our kids to be disciplined and to act respectful on and off the football field. The KMSFA president exhibited the exact opposite of what we are trying to teach. That's a big problem for me. You're role models for numerous people (players, parents, other coaches, even other states trying to duplicate what you all have created here). You folks are in a much bigger role while representing the KMSFA. It's more than coach talk, he's the face of the Association. I've always lived by the fact that you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's the definition of this scenario I suppose.

I'm sure everyone involved works extremely hard to make this whole thing work. I'm grateful for all of your efforts. I have no questions about the finances because I know they're put to good use with the state playoffs, FBU national tournaments, the east/west all-star games, the pre-season passing tournaments, etc. I've experienced a bit of all of those in the last few years (and won all but one of those I just mentioned...just for the record LOL).

I appreciate your response. Good luck to your teams this weekend.
Just know that not all people involved with KYMSFA and middle school sports have a bone to pick. I have seen how much time you guys spend on playoffs weekends, allstar weekends, and every weekend throughout the holiday season setting this organization and Ky Football up. I attribute a lot of the future of KY football to you guys. Most people who get on here whining or complaining are made cause they feel JOHNNY was slighted or their team just wasn't that good to win. There is no sense in gracing any of these Whiners with a minute more of your much needed time.
basically all the teams pay a signip fee and then they collect money from gates at regionals and semis annd states and use all that money they made from the kids and there parents to finance team kentucky which is all this whole thing is...... and the sad part of it is they finance team ky for 35 kids of all the 8th graders to go down there and lose because the 8th grade coach SUCKS....... SCOTT HOLBROOK should be the 8th grade coach!! hes clearly a winner... let him do it 1 year and i bet itd be the best team kentucky yet.
But they dont finance team ky, unless im mistaken dont the member of team ky pay for their own rooms and their own signup fee? What else does the association have to pay for? I'm fine with it going to team ky if thats where it goes. Not saying it doesnt but it seems outrageous that every kid pays a couple hundred bucks then pays their own rooms, a bus to and from practice cant cost that much.
Jcms 8th wins north laurel won't be Abel to stop the run .
Belfry wins and if east carter can not pass the ball they won't even score.
Jcms 7th Corbin who every don't turn the ball over wins this one .but in my hart eagles win
New Harlan / pikeville ////. pikeville beat a real good tigers team to get here don't no nothing about new Harlan .
Safe travels to all the teams tomorrow.
Yes each player pays their own way and rooms. These guys give of their time and own money to travel. They have to pay for refrees, medical personel, and trophies. A select few people whine and BIT-H every yr. Johnny didn't get this, my coach and team didn't get to do that.These guys have been on list serv asking for coaches, video, and telling about tryouts. I get tired of hereing all these people say this and say that. VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME, MONEY, AND EFFORT.