Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region 4 finals
Do you guys realize to what extent these guys go to putting on this tournament. It also cost an extremely large amount of money for the east-west games and Team Kentucky. It is not cheap with all the travel involved. Ask your school administrator to get you a copy of the KYMSFA financial statement. You would be surprised at the level of professionalism that these guys operate under.
Well Im sure they arent doing it for free

Does every team get a player/s on the all star teams and team KY

How or who determines that
Full deck Wrote:Well Im sure they arent doing it for free

Does every team get a player/s on the all star teams and team KY

How or who determines that

I can assure you that not one board member has ever been paid for the time they put it, not even mileage reimbursement for the travel we do to make sure these events run smoothly.
Tiger77 Wrote:Do you guys realize to what extent these guys go to putting on this tournament. It also cost an extremely large amount of money for the east-west games and Team Kentucky. It is not cheap with all the travel involved. Ask your school administrator to get you a copy of the KYMSFA financial statement. You would be surprised at the level of professionalism that these guys operate under.

What has to be done on their part other than making phone calls and handling paperwork for the games leading up to Semi Finals and Finals? A representative has to be at each regional championship game.....wow. I am not saying anything negative about anyone, but it is hilarious to me the ones who come on here and act like there is no benefit what so ever for those who are putting this on. The money just does not add up. 50% of gate money and membership fees do not add up to the cost of trophies...period.
:Shaking:
:dudecomeon:

You stalking me?
Well lets jsut say they dont make any money and money goes to trophies and all star stuff

who is allowed on the all star teams and who picks them
how much money is spent on that
should a team who had to donate their 50% get a player or players on the team
does anyone who does not pay to be in the state get a player on the all stars
They have a meeting all coaches can come to every year in Feburary. At the meeting they break down expenses in a financial report. It's above board and more than I needed to know. Send your coach they can bring back the paperwork on this year.
I dont want paper work

who is allowed on all stars and KY team

how are they picked and who picks them
Players are submitted and then coaches select the top athletes based off of the video we receive or what we see at the tryout on November 3rd.

As far as who is allowed, it's athletes who are apart of member schools in good standing.
I saw a coach last week who reached out and was looking for a player to play a certain position. I contacted him and threw out a recommendation. The response I got was that he had already allowed multiple players from that team. I thanked him and wished him luck. In reality, I was wondering why? Do you want the best of the best representing Kentucky on a national level or are you wanting to accommodate every member team? All Kentucky teams should be taking the BEST OF THE BEST in their respected grade. I don't care if you choose from the top 5 school teams in the state to merge. I was under the assumption that accommodating every school team was the purpose for the East/West all-star games. I know that when I helped coach one of those a couple years ago, we had kids on that team that wouldn't even have been 2nd or 3rd string on our school team. They were "good" players, but just weren't elite. I'm guessing that trying to get one player to represent all member schools at least in the East/West games is a priority. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

On another note, I'm not too worried about where the finances are. I've seen what these guys do on a state level with the all-star weekend and on a national level with the FBU Kentucky state teams. That stuff is very pricey when you have to bus, house, and feed 35 players in each grade to wherever they have to go for their tournaments.
so you don't want answers just want to complain.
OK that works.

Let's be honest money must not be too good: KHSAA isn't taking it over.
Cardfan1 Wrote:so you don't want answers just want to complain.
OK that works.

Let's be honest money must not be too good: KHSAA isn't taking it over.

LOL....touché.
:biglmao:
Well IMO teams shouldnt pay for the ELITE kids to participate. If they want an ELITE team then pick the best and let their parents pay for it. Dont take the money from a school who actually needs the money to help with expenses and wont have the ELITE player. Im guessing the ELITE we are talking about will come from Lexington and Louisville areas. Where are the KYMSFA people who run this from???? Im going to guess not from the rural mnts
Full deck Wrote:Well IMO teams shouldnt pay for the ELITE kids to participate. If they want an ELITE team then pick the best and let their parents pay for it. Dont take the money from a school who actually needs the money to help with expenses and wont have the ELITE player. Im guessing the ELITE we are talking about will come from Lexington and Louisville areas. Where are the KYMSFA people who run this from???? Im going to guess not from the rural mnts

Those teams are FULL of players from Corbin, Johnson County, Knox, Belfry, Northern, Southern, etc...so assuming the "mountain" teams are not represented is not accurate.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Those teams are FULL of players from Corbin, Johnson County, Knox, Belfry, Northern, Southern, etc...so assuming the "mountain" teams are not represented is not accurate.

I guess we will find out, I have a very good neph that plays in Pulaski and I know his name has been sent in.
Last year the majority of the 6th grade team was from belfry. Think we had 5 kids from Louisville/Lexington....
Just use the forms that have been provided and bring your stud athlete to tryouts and have them give it a shot...stay for the day and watch some championship football..what better way to spend a day...
Last yr 8th grade Fbu 4 from Belfry, 4 fromS Pulaski, 2 from North Pulaski, 5 from Knox, 3 from Bell, 1 from Paintsville,3 from Johnson central. That 22/35 from "MOUNTAIN TEAMS."and I am pretty sure I'm forgoting some.
I am amazed at the level of ignorance on this thread. Note to EVERYONE posting their self entitled opinions... educate yourself before you post on a public forum. Moderator, close this thread, it is becoming slander.
MR. Slate Wrote:Region 4 finals - johnson county high school, paintsville ky
time grade visitor home
1100am 8d2 east carter belfry
130pm 8d3 pikeville new harlan
400pm 7th corbin johnson co
630pm 8d1 north laurel johnson co

What is the date of these game?
bucslover68 Wrote:What is the date of these game?

Saturday, October 26th @ Johnson Central High School
badbunton Wrote:I am amazed at the level of ignorance on this thread. Note to EVERYONE posting their self entitled opinions... educate yourself before you post on a public forum. Moderator, close this thread, it is becoming slander.

Slander for wanting to know what happens to the money, hahaha, it is anyone right to get on here and question where the money really goes.
It's anyone's right to ask who picks the all stars and the elite team.

How can you slander someone when you don't even know who to slander.
Full deck Wrote:Slander for wanting to know what happens to the money, hahaha, it is anyone right to get on here and question where the money really goes.
It's anyone's right to ask who picks the all stars and the elite team.

How can you slander someone when you don't even know who to slander.

It all goes back to the "never question the organization" mentality. Some people go though life and never question a thing, so they think something must be wrong anytime someone actually does. Apparently some are to high on the hog to reply to the common folk though because I still don't think it was answered about what year and grade levels they look at for numbers.

Slander? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
We get these questions from new parents every year.

We have no problem answering about the accounting of the KMSFA. As I mentioned before, our entire financial statement is available line by line to all coaches and administrators.

Our organization is 100% volunteer. We've prided ourselves on the mission we started this with and plan on continuing that same direction for many years to come.

Still waiting on a few of you all to take me up on my offer to plug in. Would love to use your passion and enthusiasm for the betterment of middle school football in our state!
@Full deck - coaches are allowed to nominate up to 5 players per grade level for East West. We ask that they complete the online submission form along with video highlights.

Players (with their parents permission) who do not have video are offered a chance to tryout in Lexington on 11/3.

As for the Kentucky Teams, those are select teams as well. I would say with the process for that being as competitive as it is, video is imperative. Some players can be picked up (possibly) at the open tryout on 11/3. This is a major time, travel, and financial commitment for parents.

Does that answer your questions?
KMSFA2 Wrote:We get these questions from new parents every year.

We have no problem answering about the accounting of the KMSFA. As I mentioned before, our entire financial statement is available line by line to all coaches and administrators.

Our organization is 100% volunteer. We've prided ourselves on the mission we started this with and plan on continuing that same direction for many years to come.

Still waiting on a few of you all to take me up on my offer to plug in. Would love to use your passion and enthusiasm for the betterment of middle school football in our state!

You keep saying what I've quoted in bold to give your comments leverage, but you've failed to respond at all to my personal experience (as I've posted once and referenced another time in this thread). You seem to be dodging it and that's perfectly fine. It's located at the bottom of this thread if you'd care to:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...227&page=3
KMSFA2 Wrote:@Full deck - coaches are allowed to nominate up to 5 players per grade level for East West. We ask that they complete the online submission form along with video highlights.

Players (with their parents permission) who do not have video are offered a chance to tryout in Lexington on 11/3.

As for the Kentucky Teams, those are select teams as well. I would say with the process for that being as competitive as it is, video is imperative. Some players can be picked up (possibly) at the open tryout on 11/3. This is a major time, travel, and financial commitment for parents.

Does that answer your questions?

That is a fantastic answer, thanks so much for answering that in this way. It explains a lot. Hopefully one day when I get a kid in the MS, I can help also. It does seem you all do a great job.
Thanks for not being as sarcastic and rude as me.
Very interesting Wildcat18, I hadn't saw your post before. I strongly agree with the way you mentioned handling kids as well. This is after all about the kids.

On another note can we get a link to the financials? Not trying to accuse anyone of anything just wanting to be in the "know". I just have some questions and I want to see the financials. Team Ky just seems really expensive for all the money that is taken in through the playoffs and through membership fees. I know that most parents don't care at all because it truly is a great experience but the high cost can eliminate some of our states best athletes. I know that most inner city kids and mountain kids have a hard time coming up 175 plus buying a room for two days at each stop. If they make it to San Antonio this could be very expensive. I think we need to downgrade the trophies and plaques a little lol
Wildcat18 Wrote:You keep saying what I've quoted in bold to give your comments leverage, but you've failed to respond at all to my personal experience (as I've posted once and referenced another time in this thread). You seem to be dodging it and that's perfectly fine. It's located at the bottom of this thread if you'd care to:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...227&page=3

Forgive me for not seeing your question on that link. Clicked on it and I see a couple of long posts. Which one are you referring to?

What question did you have?