Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2013 KMSFA State Playoff Brackets
Not a full member, unable to open attachment.
Cumberland has played a soft schedule, other than m'boro, which they lost. New Harlan played a much tougher schedule including Whitley, Knox, Rockcastle and Bell Co.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Still don't know the middle school win lose record because it was never posted, and our newspaper never puts it in there paper. Someone with good ties to Letcher Central Middle, could you let me know what the record was?

8-2 with losses to Belfry and Perry Central. Wins over Evarts, Shelby Valley, Cumberland, Breathitt, Pike Central, Letcher, Neon and Hazard.
I think cumberland is 9-1 or 8-1 only loss coming to MIDDLESBORO 28-22 really didn't play much after MIDDLESBORO. New harlan is 7-2 beat bell co., and rockcastle co. Lost to Whitley co. 18-16 on a last second td. And lost to Knox.
The same here as well. Not a full member yet. Why that matters, I'm not sure on seeing a bracket. Would anybody not mind tell me who the Pulaski teams are playing. Northern, Pulaski, and Meece. Thank You
I had seen where Southern 8th is in D-1. Who is their first opponent.
How in the world do you justify putting Williamsburg in the west region. There are 9 schools which are further west than Williamsburg which are not in that region. Williamsburg will have to drive by all 4 schools in the adjoining region to get to their game in Edmonson County. 9-1 got Williamsburg a 4 seed in a 4 team district with a 4 hour bus ride to open play. If they win they get a minimum5 hour bus ride. Sounds like some body cooked the books. No justification other than cheating a bunch of middle school kids. Put the map down and mark where the schools are at. You had to be either drunk or have an agenda to draw this up. Come on Man!
E's Army Wrote:How in the world do you justify putting Williamsburg in the west region. There are 9 schools which are further west than Williamsburg which are not in that region. Williamsburg will have to drive by all 4 schools in the adjoining region to get to their game in Edmonson County. 9-1 got Williamsburg a 4 seed in a 4 team district with a 4 hour bus ride to open play. If they win they get a minimum5 hour bus ride. Sounds like some body cooked the books. No justification other than cheating a bunch of middle school kids. Put the map down and mark where the schools are at. You had to be either drunk or have an agenda to draw this up. Come on Man!

Williamsburg (due to logistical reasons) requested to be moved into region 1 as the bottom seed, in order for them to play in the playoffs.
E's Army I sent you a pm. thanks.
Doctor J Wrote:8-2 with losses to Belfry and Perry Central. Wins over Evarts, Shelby Valley, Cumberland, Breathitt, Pike Central, Letcher, Neon and Hazard.

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
There needs to be transparency in the seeding. Every average needs released. If they aren't being released it's because something is being hidden. Khsaa needs to take over and redistrict the state. The way these guys do it is insane, how can there be 40 teams in division 1 but 15 in division 2???? These are questions that come up every year. Why are there teams that have to travel 3 hours to a game when other teams are only have that distance away. Players and coaches get the final say but home field and travel are huge advantages in middle school.

Until every teams average is released how are we supposed to trust these guys?
The KYMSFA is transparent. Yes they haven't released point averages but you can do that on your own. Look at a teams schedule, see who they beat and how many games they played, take first number divided by second number and you get average.

If a team wins/is crowned conference regular season champion the. You add 2 points before you divide.

I amretty sure there is a lot of stuff that the committee has to adjust to make this work. And the size do each division is based off of the available boys in a school. This information is found on KDE website. So it happens that d2 is small than d1 because not that many d2 teams either were eligible or just didn't want to play.

THANK YOU to the KyMSFA and the committee who plan and put this playoff together. A BIG thank you.
I'm traveling 3 hours Saturday. In 4 years when my 7th graders are in hs they will be forced to drive 3 hours to a playoff game at least once I hope. It will not be a shock to them and when it is "real" they will not use that as an excuse for why they didn't perform.
@SuperFan (and any other man/woman who posts on here anonymously) - I will not stand for you folks questioning our integrity.

If your coach has a question, they know how to address our board.

For the record, the points averages are available to them.

We are a 100% volunteer organization. We would LOVE to plug some of you folks who have the time and energy and passion to post anonymously on a message board in so we can use all your ideas.

My name is Jeremy Bass and I've been a KMSFA board member since it's inception in 2008. None of our board members coaches middle school football. It's ridiculous that this happens every year with new crops of over zealous parents who ASSUME so much and ASSUME so incorrectly.

In closing, we try to go out of our way to be fair and consistent to ALL teams. We don't cut corners, we don't "cook books", we don't get paid, and it's disappointing to have to post this yearly on this message board to answer questions of our personal integrity by people not adult enough to post their names.
@E's Army - I personally handled the Williamsburg move from Region ll to Region l. The coach there called me and asked to have their first round game moved from 10/12. Edmonson had a first round bye in a 3 team region. I looked up the mileage from Williamsburg to Edmonson and we discussed that. He made the decision to take this move.

Yet another example of folks ASSUMING incorrectly and posting before thinking or even asking. #smh
This is correct. Williamsburg hopes to be playing for conference championship on the 12th so asked to be moved. Tried to get conference to move playoffs up a week to avoid conflict but the other coaches wouldn't agree to it. Playing games so far away is not ideal, but best option we had. This means tomorrow nights semi final will be the Jackets last home game this year. Might be last chance to see them in person if you're like me and can't travel that far. Hard to justify the expense now that my kids in high school.
Lets be honest here. Most of your "fans/parents" dont understand that your own school ASKED to be moved around for different reasons. The same thing many people on here are complaining about is what there coaches asked for.
Can't open file that contains brackets. When is the kymsfa web site going to post them???
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:The KYMSFA is transparent. Yes they haven't released point averages but you can do that on your own. Look at a teams schedule, see who they beat and how many games they played, take first number divided by second number and you get average.

If a team wins/is crowned conference regular season champion the. You add 2 points before you divide.

I amretty sure there is a lot of stuff that the committee has to adjust to make this work. And the size do each division is based off of the available boys in a school. This information is found on KDE website. So it happens that d2 is small than d1 because not that many d2 teams either were eligible or just didn't want to play.

THANK YOU to the KyMSFA and the committee who plan and put this playoff together. A BIG thank you.

I'm glad you brought that up. I figured up the top six teams in Division-1, Region 4 personally (along with multiple others I've talked to) and I feel that I'm about 99.9% accurate. I figured up that North Laurel should have been the #1 overall seed (with home field thru the regional championship), #2 Johnson County, #3 Southern, #4 Knox, #5 Northern, and #6 Corbin. I only did the top six because they're the only schedules and results I know of FOR SURE. (I confirmed with their opponents if I was in doubt of a game being played.) Can someone explain why these calculations were off? I feel like that's a simple question to ask. Maybe North Laurel was aware (similar to the Williamsburg issue) of this change beforehand and that explains it all. Good luck to all teams!
I just have a simple questions what was the cutoff for each division?
I really hope Johnson didn't get the higher seed because they plan on letting them host the region championships again. It's not a neutral site if everyone but belfry and Johnson have to travel 4 hours to get there. That's not a knock at belfry or Johnson they are both great teams but not fair to the fans of the others who want to see these games.
What they should do is let the parents make the brackets out so all these hostile parents will be happy. They do the best they can people give them a break ! Just play who ever the team is they put you against. When you get into the state playoffs more than likely you will have to travel. If your team makes it to the state semi or finals you won't hear anyone complaining about travel times they will be happy to do it.
I would not mind playing on the new high school field at Perry Central if it was available. I 'd say it is half way between the far west of region 4, Pulaskis' and far east of Johnson and Belfry. Maybe 1-1 1/2 to 2 hour bus ride for most concerned.
Glad to see Pikeville finally competing in this. Wish the Panthers would have competed the past couple of years, but better late then never! Good Luck Little Panthers!
sting7 Wrote:Can't open file that contains brackets. When is the kymsfa web site going to post them???

READ the Rules when you sign up.
You have to have 5 Moderated post to become a member and view attachments.
Post 5 times, and once a Moderator approves them, youll be fine.

HOWEVER, you should still be able to see the brackets ABOVE where you open the attachment.
I just logged out of my account and i could see them as a guest, so i know they are there. I dont know how you could miss it.
lol, maybe the fact that Whitley is misspelled is a good omen Confusednicker:

Dont worry, when typing, i always misspell it as Whitely instead of Whitley.
For some reason the fingers on the human body would much rather spell it that way when typing.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm glad you brought that up. I figured up the top six teams in Division-1, Region 4 personally (along with multiple others I've talked to) and I feel that I'm about 99.9% accurate. I figured up that North Laurel should have been the #1 overall seed (with home field thru the regional championship), #2 Johnson County, #3 Southern, #4 Knox, #5 Northern, and #6 Corbin. I only did the top six because they're the only schedules and results I know of FOR SURE. (I confirmed with their opponents if I was in doubt of a game being played.) Can someone explain why these calculations were off? I feel like that's a simple question to ask. Maybe North Laurel was aware (similar to the Williamsburg issue) of this change beforehand and that explains it all. Good luck to all teams!

I have asked the same question and have yet been given an answer. However, it is my belief it will not matter at this point. Everyone should be looking at the current brackets and should be getting prepared.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:I would not mind playing on the new high school field at Perry Central if it was available. I 'd say it is half way between the far west of region 4, Pulaskis' and far east of Johnson and Belfry. Maybe 1-1 1/2 to 2 hour bus ride for most concerned.

I agree 100% Grandpa, the Region Finals need to be moved to another location if the KYMSFA really wants to draw the biggest crowds for this event. I believe even Hazard would be a better location for fans traveling. I do not believe that Johnson Co. is the best choice and think other locations need to be considered.
Johnson County and North Laurel had the exact same points average. Johnson got the overall #1 seed because they have both a 7th and 8th grade team competing. The committee works to keep teams with both entered together as much as possible in the first few rounds, when possible.

As for the "neutral site" conversation, the KMSFA lost money on those 2 years ago when we designated 4 regional sites. We went back to the top seed hosting or a neutral site only if it is financially doable. We can't operate in the red like we did trying that in 2011.
What is the deal with Franklin Simpson's game with Lone Oak changing?