Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2013 KMSFA State Playoff Brackets
What the other teams listed in that post Knox Northern what's there points difference if north and Johnson where tied in total. Know Knox beat Northern last Thursday Region 4 is just loaded if someone survives with a full team. the state champ should come out of this region
What do I have to do to see the brackets? I'm new to the site just today.
Hogs Wrote:What the other teams listed in that post Knox Northern what's there points difference if north and Johnson where tied in total. Know Knox beat Northern last Thursday Region 4 is just loaded if someone survives with a full team. the state champ should come out of this region

I'm hoping Northern can recover a bit from that game at Knox. They were already down a few coming into the game but a lost a few more during i believe. Nothing like playing through the entire season healthy to later see multiple players getting banged up in the last few games.

Region 4 is loaded however and the winner, in my opinion, will without a doubt come from that region.
KMSFA2 Wrote:@E's Army - I personally handled the Williamsburg move from Region ll to Region l. The coach there called me and asked to have their first round game moved from 10/12. Edmonson had a first round bye in a 3 team region. I looked up the mileage from Williamsburg to Edmonson and we discussed that. He made the decision to take this move.

Yet another example of folks ASSUMING incorrectly and posting before thinking or even asking. #smh

E's Army is huddled in a corner rocking back and forth crying after that beat down. Parents need to worry more about being parents and less about trying to be involved in their children's sports. Most of the time....as an example of E's Army....the person has no clue about what they are claiming.

"Better to be thought of as a fool and keep your mouth shut than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" :Thumbs:
Mcats10 Wrote:What is the deal with Franklin Simpson's game with Lone Oak changing?

Fall break issues.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Johnson County and North Laurel had the exact same points average. Johnson got the overall #1 seed because they have both a 7th and 8th grade team competing. The committee works to keep teams with both entered together as much as possible in the first few rounds, when possible.

As for the "neutral site" conversation, the KMSFA lost money on those 2 years ago when we designated 4 regional sites. We went back to the top seed hosting or a neutral site only if it is financially doable. We can't operate in the red like we did trying that in 2011.

Johnson County played 5 lower division schools (D2 - Belfry, Caudill, Pike Central...D3 - Adams, Betsy Lane...not counting Ironton as an unknown). North Laurel played at least 3 lower division schools (D2 - Rockcastle, Lexington Catholic...D3 - Meece). I know I have JC's correct, as I've been following them like a bull dog on a T-bone all season. Maybe you North Laurel folks can confirm if there was another lower division school I missed. There is no way that this mathematically adds up if all games were counted since both are undefeated. If the fact that the board wanted home field to go with the highest 8th grade seed with both teams entered, that's fine, but say that from the start so teams know what they're working for. It frustrates me that coaches preach to their teams all season about their goals such as seeding and home field throughout the regionals only to have a flub up at the end on a technicality that is out of the players control.
@Wildcat18 - you are entitled to your opinion as such. However I can assure you that we do not take any steps to give any one particular any kind of "advantage" with regards to home field. If it works out for a team, it works out. We've have #1 seeds travel to neutral sites in the past to accommodate them playing a team traveling a great distance.

I think this is a non-issue. If your team wants to be a state champion, you can't be afraid to play anyone anytime anywhere. That's my opinion on the matter.
KMSFA2 Wrote:@Wildcat18 - you are entitled to your opinion as such. However I can assure you that we do not take any steps to give any one particular any kind of "advantage" with regards to home field. If it works out for a team, it works out. We've have #1 seeds travel to neutral sites in the past to accommodate them playing a team traveling a great distance.

I think this is a non-issue. If your team wants to be a state champion, you can't be afraid to play anyone anytime anywhere. That's my opinion on the matter.

My team actually got the better end of the deal on the current format of the bracket so I'm not commenting based on my team. North Laurel is the one really getting the screws put to them in my opinion. I'm looking at the bigger picture. I just want you all to work out the kinks and get it right for the future. You had Northern and Southern (your top 2 seeds in the region) traveling all the way to Johnson County to play each other last year. That made absolutely no sense whatsoever, especially when your #1 seed Southern had both teams competing. You would think this is a non-issue and in all honesty, I expected that response from you or any other board member. I do appreciate all you guys do, but there are definitely flaws that need to be fixed and they seem to be repetitive every year. I've mentioned 2 and would also throw in the Whitley County issue from two years ago into that mix. As far as I'm concerned, the bracket is set and rolling. I never expected a change, just wanted to make everyone aware as I felt (and still feel) that there is a problem with the point distribution, specifically in this region. Good luck to all teams and I'm confident that the best team will come out on top. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'll be surprised if your state champion from D-1, D-2, and 7th grade doesn't come from Region 4.
Wildcat18, we must move on. These boys need to only worry about the next game. The field is set and it is time to prove it on the field. The Jaguar Nation will support our players even if we have to travel after the first two rounds. Our team and its followers look forward to the next opponent each and every game. GO JAGS!!!!
Again, just asking a simple question, what were the cutoffs for each division?
got it answered on other thread! Thanks
Are any of you offering to volunteer you time to help us set these things up? I mean that sincerely. We can always use the help. We'd love to plug you in.
Very simple.......If you are not happy with the organization / set up, I see that you have 3 choices - (1) start your own middle school football association (2) volunteer to help in hopes of improving the system each year (3) shut up

Keep up the good work KYMSFA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think there is a good possibility that all four division champions could come from region 4!
I agree
that a good region
yep.post 5 here.
NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ

If you are logged in, you have to post 5 times, and then wait for a moderator to approve those post, which could take 5 minutes, or 5 hours depending on when the mod que is checked, before you can view the brackets.
PIRATESCOACH Wrote:Very simple.......If you are not happy with the organization / set up, I see that you have 3 choices - (1) start your own middle school football association (2) volunteer to help in hopes of improving the system each year (3) shut up

Keep up the good work KYMSFA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are 3 interesting choices. Let me tell you a true story. A couple years ago, our head coach asked me and another guy to tag along with him to coach a Kentucky All-Star team in Frankfort. We had 35 players on our roster. and our game plan was simple. The first half, we were going to get EVERYONE on the field to fulfill the purpose of the game and atmosphere. The second half, we play to win. At halftime of that game, I was approached by the president of the KMSFA and another board member (NOT Coach KMSFA2 by the way) where I was cussed out because they were taking heat from parents on playing time. Keep in mind, this was AFTER everyone had played in the 1st half. That was the 2nd time that weekend I had been cussed by the KSMFA president (the first was at the equipment pick-up distribution area where he had nothing but good things to say after our head to head match up earlier that year that didn't go his way -- note my sarcasm). That's not how I conduct myself around the kids and I refuse to condone how he talks to people in general, especially in the position he holds with the Association. Please excuse me if I prefer to take a different approach now because of that experience. My volunteer status will change when other changes are made within the leadership. You can kiss the tails of "some" of those guys all you want. I refuse to. With all that said, we won the game. At the end of the day, the kid's are first for me and winning comes second. I feel like our guys had a good time. I still talk to a lot of my position guys from that team to this day as many of them are now in the middle of their high school careers. Talked to one at Williamsburg and one from Barren County just last week. I'll be there for them til the day I die if they need me and it all came from a 3-day stint hosted by the KMSFA which I'm grateful for.