Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 KYMSFA Membership List & Divisional Classifications
Problem is 12 of those schools are south of I-64 I could see a northeast pick of Paris, Frankfort, LCA. Berea, Raceland in the North east region.
Adams is Prestonsburg's Middle School I believe which puts them in the east as well.
skiing-pt Wrote:Adams is Prestonsburg's Middle School I believe which puts them in the east as well.

Thanks!

So with a few minor corrections:

Here is what I think it will look like based upon school bus travel which I am sure the powers at be will keep in mind, ( I know that they will I know a few of them and each are outstanding individuals and do a whole lot for the Commonwealth).

In the East:

Pikeville, Paintsville, Cumberland, Evarts, New Harlan, Harlan Ind, Middlesboro, Hazard, Letcher Co. Mountain View, Raceland, Wburg, Adams, Owne, and Louisa.

In the West:

Meece Monroe, Campbellsville, LCA, Mayfield, Edmondson, Cadwell Co., C.h Louisville, Heath, Berea, Old Kentucky Home, Owensboro Catholic, Frankfort, and Paris.
Cardfan1 Wrote:What regions play each other this year? If they rotate it looks like 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 this year.

Correct Semi Finals are 1 vs 2 & 3 vs 4
Here is my guess for the Regions D3. (I really enjoy doing stuff like this)
District 1 West
Mayfield
Edmondson Co
Cadwell Co
C.H. Louisville
Heath
Old Kentucky Home
Owensboro Catholic
Webster Co

District 2 Central
Frankfort
Berea
Paris
Meece
Monroe
LCA
Campbellsville

District 3 East
Raceland
Owen
Louisa
Letcher Co
Adams
Pikeville
Paintsville
Mt. View

District 4 South
Cumberland
Evarts
New Harlan
Harlan Ind.
Hazard
Milddlesboro
Wburg.

What do you think?
how about 7th grade? Who's in?
Letcher should be in 4. Too many team so close to them. Not too many in 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Is there an empty bracket yet with Dates and locations of the games????
Cardfan1 Wrote:how about 7th grade? Who's in?

Wont know that till teams turn in their Win Loss Forms for the playoffs. Should be interesting could be a full packed bracket of 7th grade teams.
shadowlyfe Wrote:Is there an empty bracket yet with Dates and locations of the games????

I can tell you dates. Sites will be after the teams are bracketted.

Tuesday Oct 8th - Play In Games
Saturday Oct 12th - First Round Games
Saturday Oct 19th - Second Round Games
Saturday Oct 26th - Regional Finals
Saturday Nov 2 - Semi Finals (2 locations in lexington)
Sunday Nov 3 - Finals (all at one location)
whos in 7th?
sorry just got that ignore it.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Letcher should be in 4. Too many team so close to them. Not too many in 3.

My fault on that. Like I said this is just a complete guess on my part. (again for fun). Also it is great to learn other county teams and locations.
I divided the state down the middle and then took 15 teams for each side and that is how I came up with this format.

Region 1 and 2 are the west and Region 3 and 4 are the East
Region 3 East Region: Raceland, Owen, Louisa, Adams, Pikeville, Paintsville, and Mt. View

So in the South Bracket Region 4: It would be Cumberland, Evarts, New Harlan, Hazard, Harlan Ind. Middlesboro, Williamsburg and Letcher Co.
Will the regions be equal this year, last year some only had 2 or 3 teams.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Will the regions be equal this year, last year some only had 2 or 3 teams.

The people who organized the program realized this last winter, and voted to make the regions more fair, aka the number of teams in each region. I gave my guess for D3. Luckly there are 30 teams this year and it was real simple to do because of basically Harlan Co being involved this year, which helps make a "south" region. D3 is probably the easiest to break down. D2 would be extremely hard just due to the number of teams. D1, should be like D3 in breakdowns again thanks to schools in the Pulaski Laurel Whitley Areas making up 5 to 6 by themselves.

I look forward to seeing the brackets myself. I hope to breakdown the D2 and D1 later this weekend. Take a look at the D3 and tell me what you think?
D2 is pretty easy except the west. Some teams probably out of Hardin co. will have to go west to even the brackets. Union co, Paducah, muhlenberg are the only true western teams.
Thanks you!
4. East
Belfry
Martin co
Simons
East carter
Morgan co
Pike central
3. North
Bath
Bondurant
Lex cath
Foley
Henry
Barrett
2. Central
Wayne
Casey.
Taylor
Glasgow
Tk stone
Spencer county
1. West
West hardin
Union county
Radcliffe (north middle)
Muhlenberg
Bluegrass
Paducah
Bluegrass has got to be the clear favorite here. They throttled a very good d1 Christian county today
Out of curiosity why are the games played on Saturday and not Tuesdays
I Rule The World Wrote:New Harlan consists of kids from several different elementary schools. Enrollments have to be counted for every school that has 1 player participating from that school unless it is a middle school which New Harlan is not. It is an all-star team made up from schools that do not have football. Cawood elem, James a. Cawood (THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, RIGHT?) Ross Point, Green Hills, and Wallins. Thats five elementary schools and they're still D3??
Evarts actually has two schools - evarts and black mountain. Cumberland gets gets kids from cumberland, lynch and benham. As far as team members, NH only has about 26 players on the roster. and the 5/6 only has about 28 on the roster. meaning most of the kids are having to play both ways. not the advantage of the pulaski's or whitleys
patriotscoach Wrote:Evarts actually has two schools - evarts and black mountain. Cumberland gets gets kids from cumberland, lynch and benham. As far as team members, NH only has about 26 players on the roster. and the 5/6 only has about 28 on the roster. meaning most of the kids are having to play both ways. not the advantage of the pulaski's or whitleys

The division you play in isn't based on how many kids are on the football team. It is based on how many male students are enrolled at the school. Or in Harlan's situation the total male enrollment from the 2-3 schools they draw players from.
Travel is the primary reason they play on Saturday. Playoff football is tough
Gonna be many of you on here disappointed if your teams dont get their ducks in a row. Membership dues and Verified rosters were due on Sept 15th and as of today only 60% of the teams registered have their dues and rosters in.
I hope Meece is 1 of the 60%.
When is that list going to be out??
Can someone post the 7th grade list. I can't download the files.

Thanks
For goodness sakes can people stop crying about New Harlan being in D3? Caldwell County has an enrollment of 450+ JUST IN 6-8. Yes New Harlan pulls from 5 schools....1) Green Hill has a little over 100 students in K-8 and have ZERO players on the team 2) Cawood may have 80 kids in 7-8 and provide enough to the team that you wouldn't need a full hand to count them on 3) JACES has about he same number of kids as Cawood, but really only give 1 player that plays a lot of minutes to the team 4&5) Rosspoint and Wallins make up about 17-20 of the 25 TOTAL PLAYERS! The two schools have around 100 total 7-8 each, so that makes the New Harlan Patriots pull from a grand total of enrollment of around 300-350 total students which would mean around 150 male students. New Harlan is not an all star team....it is a team made up of kids from mainly two small schools in comparison to the other D3 schools and do not pull COMBINED from 5 schools what Caldwell does from only one 6-8 school.
How many games do the 7th grade have to win to qualify for the playoffs? Or is there a win cutoff on it?
Just now checked the exact numbers....based off of last years 6 and 7 grades for males who would be 7&8th graders this year New Harlan selected from a total of 165 male students (via Ky. Dept. of Education site). That is not even close to the same as the majority of D1 and D2 teams. Does anyone have the division qualifications to be in each division for example how many students qualify you as D1 D2 or D3?