Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nw 2013 Middle School State Champtions
Alright, I will start this thread now. The 2013 small school state champions will be the Mayfield Cardinals. That is as long as their coaching staff will allow them to enter the tournament. I have heard rumor that the coaching staff is thinking about not putting them into the tournament this year. I don't know why that would be, but that is what I heard. If it is for money issues, I don't think they should worry. There are too many of us die hard fans that would support it.

The facts are this team was undefeated last season and regional champions. They did not get to enter the tournament though. This year they have played last years regional runners up in 4a Lone Oak and then followed with 2a Murray. They have outscored their opponents 92-0. This was even with the seventh grade playing a lot due to the scores.

Last year I was a little skeptical because they were loaded with linemen type and had about 3-4 skill types. That is not the case this year. They have added 2 skill types from last years 8th grade team and one lineman from that same team. If you think I am full of it, get a copy of their schedule and come watch. These kids are destroying the competition, not just beating them. They hit like football teams of old school smashmouth football. They have former standout Danny Kirby's son running the ball and he could even be better than dad before it is all said and done.

They have 11 running around decleating people on almost every play. They have a qb that can throw 40 yds or run for 60, you take your pick. They have a defensive line that plays in their opponents backfields more than their own backs do. It is great to be a Cardinal now and look at the talent coming up, class after class.

I will say it now for the doubters, go ahead and mock me. I know you will, until you see this team in person. Then you will realize that maybe, just maybe, I know a little about football.
They sound really good. If they don't join the ky state playoffs they can not say they're the best. But You should get a film of them post it on youtube so we can all see how great they are.
They were filmed last night against Murray by one of our former greats dad, but Im still trapped in the 20th century when it comes to posting anything like that. Im sure I could get a copy to watch though. I think Murray had 3 total first downs and that was when we were doing a little subbing. I don't know that Lone Oak had much more than that.
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright, I will start this thread now. The 2013 small school state champions will be the Mayfield Cardinals. That is as long as their coaching staff will allow them to enter the tournament. I have heard rumor that the coaching staff is thinking about not putting them into the tournament this year. I don't know why that would be, but that is what I heard. If it is for money issues, I don't think they should worry. There are too many of us die hard fans that would support it.

The facts are this team was undefeated last season and regional champions. They did not get to enter the tournament though. This year they have played last years regional runners up in 4a Lone Oak and then followed with 2a Murray. They have outscored their opponents 92-0. This was even with the seventh grade playing a lot due to the scores.

Last year I was a little skeptical because they were loaded with linemen type and had about 3-4 skill types. That is not the case this year. They have added 2 skill types from last years 8th grade team and one lineman from that same team. If you think I am full of it, get a copy of their schedule and come watch. These kids are destroying the competition, not just beating them. They hit like football teams of old school smashmouth football. They have former standout Danny Kirby's son running the ball and he could even be better than dad before it is all said and done.

They have 11 running around decleating people on almost every play. They have a qb that can throw 40 yds or run for 60, you take your pick. They have a defensive line that plays in their opponents backfields more than their own backs do. It is great to be a Cardinal now and look at the talent coming up, class after class.

I will say it now for the doubters, go ahead and mock me. I know you will, until you see this team in person. Then you will realize that maybe, just maybe, I know a little about football.
Not saying any thing against Mayfield or their Coaches ,but why on earth if they are that good would you not take part in KMSFA? It is a truer measure of any team than just playing with in a smaller part of the region or state. You get to measure yourself against the best the state has to offer in your division. I'm sure Wburg,Somerset Meece ,just to mention a couple that would like a shot at Mayfield. So, come on get after your Coaches and motivate your boosters and show the rest of the state what you got. Then you can claim your State Championship.
They are raising money for something we have been selling pizzas. So I think we will enter the tournament. The D is good. The dline commands double teams and at one point my son had the center and both guards blocking him. That gives our linebackers the ability to roam the field unblocked. If teams leave number 11 unblocked he will decapitate people.
What does Mayfield's schedule look like? Who do they play? That is what will sell me on how good they are. For now, it sounds like Ohio State last year. 10-0 with no shot to win a championship because the coaches aren't on top of things.
5a graves County, 3a paducah, and 2a Caldwell are only teams that might give them a game. Lone Oak is no slouch they were big and strong with some athletes. They way they handled them spoke volumes to me as they are traditionally tough in Middle School. It was total domination. I mean mercy rule was in effect before half. That being said LO losing their qb in the first half didn't help them but I think we already had 3 TDs before he went down.
Loan oak lost aloty from there state champion team last year said one of there coachs during uk passing camp. So I wouldn't start grading your team based on that wburg beat them by 3 or 4 tds in passing camp. Also the east usually wins the state in 3a idk about last year but I know the past 3 or 4 before that was.
It costs $250 and a if you're lucky a couple of bus rides. We made enough money on our gates in the playoffs to pay for our buses. I have an issues with people saying they don't have the money to do this stuff.
Passing camp really what a joke. Our dline will resolve that issue they go 6ft1 230 5ft10 220 5ft11 320 and 6ft 215. Throwing from the flat of your back isn't easy nor throwing over 6ft kids. Believe me we know how to judge football at Mayfield telling u they are for real. Do you really think we don't know how to gauge football here. Do you know how hard it is to put up 48 points with 2.5 quarters being running clock I understand they lost some but they also gained some skill players from Heath and Riedland. I know that they are not as strong as LO last year but they are a decent team that will win more than they lose this year.
Nope it was Butler County last year. They blew out whoever they played from the East by like 30. the real div state title was decided in the game before when Butler beat Mayfield 8 to 0. Mayfield just started playing in this tourney lastnyear
Not saying you don't kn
Not saying you don't know how to judge football just stating facts. We beat loan oak to us yet didn't look that great. Also if they where in the your ment last year then why wouldn't they this year? If they are that good then great maybe we might be lucky enough to make it there and see them or whoever comes from that side.
I'm not sure what the reason is that they are thinking of not putting the boys in. I don't think its from lack of our abilities to raise the money. All I can tell you parents is step up and talk to coaches and admin. That is what we did last year. I also remember our boys broke out the all the way to state chant at practice to get the head coaches attention. We started early in the year. I can tell you, I for one will buy some chickens or donate some money All of Cardinal nation needs to get involved and make this happen. I for one am certain that if they enter and don't have any serious key injuries they will bring home a state title.
It doesn't make sense that the coaches won't give them the shot to compete at the highest level. 2+2 is just not equaling 4 here. If you have the money, what other reasons could there be? It's about the kids, not the coach.
Part of the problem we ran into last year was basketball. The head middle school football coach and one of the asst coaches are also basketball coaches. The season for basketball had to be pushed back a week or so for us. As basketball coaches, that causes them more work and concerns about loosing time for bball. The other thing is they only get paid so much for coaching and lets face it, it is time consuming. I think they should come up with some type of bonus for the coaches if they get there. The other thing is, I think they may not be as disappointed if they didn't win state in hs if they did in ms. That is really what our program focuses on every year. I for 1 say let them win both, they can. I think there was also some concerns about money issues with kymsaa. All that being said, if the players and parents want it, they need to express that. I think we have the best admin around and they will find a way to make it happen.
Good points. However, I go back to my original comment about it being about the kids, not the coaches. I know I don't do it for the money. I leave my job early everyday for practice/games where I have to work most nights until the 10-11 PM range just to meet deadlines for projects at work. I do it to see the looks on our guys face when the clock hits 0.0 in Lexington and they realize that their hard work they've put in all season and pre-season has paid off. There's no better feeling for them at that age in my opinion. I've heard a few try to say that some people take middle school football too seriously. I personally think it builds that continuity at a very early age and it builds their confidence going into high school if they can have very successful seasons at the middle school level. We coach both basketball and football as well. We don't start basketball season until football is over and vice-versa. Coaches who say both can't be done are selfish in my opinion. I know it can be done if you can make the commitment to put in the time. We've put rings on our football guys twice and came an ineligible player from Pikeville (they were disqualified while playing in the title game after beating us in the final four -- we were not given the opportunity to play the eventual champion, which we would have beat) away from giving them a basketball state title as well. Talk about a coach being pissed off. It'll haunt me for awhile, LOL. Point being that it is possible to do both successfully if you're willing to commit.
Story of our state. We allow a sport played in a gym to rule everything. We start in July when it is too hot to practice, so we can get games in before the basketball coach comes calling. What state championship is there in basketball? That crap kba puts on... HA! That's a joke.

Heaven help us.
Both can be done and done successfully. Just ask the Southern Warriors,they were D-1 8th grade football champs,followed by KBA 8th and 7th grade champs in basketball. We had several boys play and start in all the championship games we played in.
Are you talking about last years 7th grade team or the 8th grade team that played In Tournement and made regionals but lost to eventual state champs butler co?

Bu I would love to see a game on YouTube or something...hardto come to games out that way from louisville. I know country teams do it big, and hear its hard hitting, hit it the nose football y'all's way...

Best of luck tjs year sounds like its off to good start
It was the 8th grade that lost to Butler in a defensive standoff. Then Butler rolled in the state finals. May fields 7th grade was undefeated. Were never really challenged last season. They should have entered the 7th grade state tourney. They destroyed people last year and they are destroying people as 8th graders. I as a parent will definitely speak to the coaches. I do wonder why they had my son selling Little Caesars Pizzas kits if not to raise money for the tourney. Doesnt make sense.
Cardfan1 Wrote:It costs $250 and a if you're lucky a couple of bus rides. We made enough money on our gates in the playoffs to pay for our buses. I have an issues with people saying they don't have the money to do this stuff.

Apparently your team hasn't played in the championship or semis. The overnight stays get really expensive.
It is a huge benefit to be apart of association
Sure did last year...still not that bad if you make plans for it.
I heard last night at meet the cards that they are planning to go this year. Once again, I don't know which story to believe. Like I said, I will put a little in the pot for them to go and there are many others that would. If the go they will be the biggest, fastest, hardest hitting team there bar none. They will undoubtedly win the title unless they have key injuries to 5, 11, 15 or 12.
8th grade Mayfield 44 @ PT 12