Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 to Cost $399
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/402.html

That hurts, doesn't it, Microsoft?
Sony has just announced that the PlayStation 4 will debut at $399 in the US this holiday season. Unfortunately, we didn't get an exact launch date, as they're still saying it'll arrive "holiday 2013."
This is a critically important point- the price. And with a $399 price tag, that comes in at $200 less than the PS3, which launched back in 2006. Of course, we suppose you could add the cost of the PlayStation Plus subscription (as it will be required to play games online, it seems), but you gotta do the same thing with the Xbox One, yes? The Live membership needed for online entertainment is still in existence, as far as we know. And with the games they showed off at Sony's press conference, it appears that the PS4 is firmly in the driver's seat.
It was also announced that the Gaikai cloud service will be available in 2014. I'm going to go get some trailers now, just to make sure you see 'em all. Smile There are many you don't want to miss!
ps4 doesn't require you to login every 24 hours and it supports used games also with ps4 you will need playstation plus to play multiplayer
The PS4 absolutely destroys the Xbox One.

I'll be picking one of these up in the second half of 2014.
here is the link to the sony e3 press conference

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-press-conference/
Microsoft really screwed themselves...no used games?! That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I bet GameStop is pissed, hahaha.
Sony just absolutely destroyed Microsoft
Microsoft is still winning the war, just lost the battle, lol. I'm with Sony though, just never liked the Xbox.
I might buy the PS4 soon after I play it for the first time...I could sell the pretty new PS3 I have now and the games, I'd easily make the money back. Hadn't thought about that, lol. And every update with the system will be online really, that'd be the main reason I waited. I've been waiting for this one for a long time, it's a huge upgrade, much bigger from PS2 to PS3.
As someone who has had an Xbox 360 since launch and used it as my preferred gaming console, I have this to say (rant incoming): To hell with the Xbox 1984. I definitely don't want a console that STOPS FREAKING WORKING completely just because this stupid thing can't get a thumbs up from micro$oft'$ servers, this works out well for our deployed troops and people in areas with unstable DSL (like EKY, for instance), they spend 500 dollars on the stupid thing, internet goes out, and then boom, 24 hours later, you have a 500 dollar useless piece of machinery. Also, as a gamer, I don't want the stupid ass kinect, I hate that stupid thing and I would rather not have my xbox get turned off by some troll yelling "xbox off" at my TV (you can't disconnect the worthless thing, just change what it responds too) but still, I have no use for a monitoring device on my TV, no thanks. No backwards compatibility? Essentially no ownership of your game? (You buy a license, discs are strictly for installation now). I'm still so pissed about xbox's blatant anti-consumer policies with this thing. So i'm going to do the only thing I can do as a consumer, not buy one. I guess i'll be switching sides, PS4 here I come! Also, FWIW, PS4's internal machinery is slightly better the Xbone's, for 100 less.

So in short:

360 > PS3
PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox 1984

All of this, is of course, IMHO.
I can't say I'm not a bit happy to see everyone hating on 360, hahaha.
Thought this to be post-worthy...

[Image: http://i.minus.com/iAnjSI4iSFtIy.gif]
vundy33 Wrote:Thought this to be post-worthy...

http://i.minus.com/iAnjSI4iSFtIy.gif

I don't even watch game of thrones and I laughed, a lot of truth to that gif. Also, I love my 360, i'll play it until it blows up like all of them eventually do, then i'll probably buy another one. Another interesting thing, I wonder if MS has prepared the Xbone to perform and they don't start red ringing right off the shelf like the 360 did, that was a major, major problem for the 360.
I've never been an XBOX person and have had my current PS3 for 4 years....I am excited to see the PS4 come out but will probably wait until the first price drop. This way all the kinks will have been worked out and I can get it cheaper.
The PS4 will have a removable, upgrade able hard drive. I'm probably getting this when it comes out this winter, lol.

I'd assume the Xbox One won't have anything like the red ring problem the 360 had considering how damaging that was, but ya never know with Microsoft, lol
vundy33 Wrote:The PS4 will have a removable, upgrade able hard drive. I'm probably getting this when it comes out this winter, lol.

I'd assume the Xbox One won't have anything like the red ring problem the 360 had considering how damaging that was, but ya never know with Microsoft, lol

Microsoft set the bar pretty high on being tone-deaf towards consumers.
I use to love xbox.... Going back to my real roots and sticking with a true gaming console.

Playstation.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
I feel like this is worthy:
[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...5889_n.jpg]
vundy33 Wrote:The PS4 will have a removable, upgrade able hard drive. I'm probably getting this when it comes out this winter, lol.

I read where the ps4 would come with a 500 gb hard drive.
That's beastly!
Sony PS4 Used Game Instruction video...

It seems like Microsoft adopted a pretty stupid strategy on this one.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/402.html/ccode

That hurts, doesn't it, Microsoft?
Sony has just announced that the PlayStation 4 will debut at $399 in the US this holiday season. Unfortunately, we didn't get an exact launch date, as they're still saying it'll arrive "holiday 2013."
This is a critically important point- the price. And with a $399 price tag, that comes in at $200 less than the PS3, which launched back in 2006. Of course, we suppose you could add the cost of the PlayStation Plus subscription (as it will be required to play games online, it seems), but you gotta do the same thing with the Xbox One, yes? The Live membership needed for online entertainment is still in existence, as far as we know. And with the games they showed off at Sony's press conference, it appears that the PS4 is firmly in the driver's seat.
It was also announced that the Gaikai cloud service will be available in 2014. I'm going to go get some trailers now, just to make sure you see 'em all. Smile There are many you don't want to miss!

Would not buy...

wait another 2 years and you will get it for like 150 and there will actually be games for it as well :happytear: