• 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 UK Football Recruiting
WR Harris opens recruitment, takes look at UK

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Drake Harris has been committed to Michigan State for more than half a year but he's starting to open things back up.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound receiver from Grand Rapids (Mich.) is still technically committed to the Spartans but when you talk to him about his recruitment it sounds as though he's very open.

"I committed there (to Michigan State) originally because I was going to play basketball and football there," he said. "Now I'm opening it back up and I'm going to take visits in the spring and summer.

"I'm committed but it's kinda a soft verbal."

One reason Harris wants to open things up is he no longer plans to play two sports in college. As his high school career has advanced he has realized that his potential is on the gridiron.

"I've really gotten better at football," he said. "I have more success playing it and have a better chance making it to the league. There are a lot of 6-4 basketball players out there."

Rated the No. 56 prospect in the nation by Rivals.com, the four-star (6.0) prospect heard from Kentucky recently. He's willing to give the Wildcats a look.

"I talked to coach (Tommy) Mainord and he was just talking about how the Air Raid offense is run," he said. "I didn't know they came from (Texas) Tech.

"He told me about that good recruiting class they've got coming in this year and he sees me coming in, stepping in and playing right when I get there. He said I'm one of their top prospects that they're looking to get down there."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1472692
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Ware talks about decision to commit early to UK

Justin Rowland

Denzel Ware is a four-star football player from the Deep South and he committed to Kentucky in February, one year before he has to sign anywhere.

Those things just don't happen. At least they aren't supposed to happen if history repeats itself all the time.

The fact that Ware verbally pledged to Kentucky less than a week ago is more evidence that things are changing in Lexington, and the Wildcats haven't even played a game under Mark Stoops.

The one-time Florida State commit attended Crestview High School in Florida last year but he now calls Opp (Ala.) home. He was recently honored with membership in the first edition of the Rivals250 for the Class of 2014, where he holds down the No. 223 spot.

Ware had offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Texas and Southern Cal, among others. So why did he buck conventional wisdom and select Kentucky?

"I had a great relationship with Coach (Mark) Stoops and Coach (D.J.) Eliot and when they left Florida State to go over to Lexington I de-committed from Florida State. I kept in touch with Coach Stoops and Coach Eliot and just decided that Kentucky is where I want to be," he said.

He has been in contact with Stoops and Eliot on a near-weekly basis and felt comfortable enough with the coaches to commit to Kentucky even though he has never visited the school. He hopes to make his first trip to Lexington in the summer.

"They're real energetic and intense coaches," Ware said.

And their track record as coaches speaks for itself.

"Look at Brandon Jenkins for Florida State and all the other guys (they coached)," he said. "That's the proof. Those are the facts."

Maybe there's a reason Ware cited Jenkins. At 6-foot-2 and 220-pounds, Ware is an elite athlete and a dominant pass-rushing force, but there will be those that question whether he has the size to play with his hand in the dirt. Jenkins wasn't a towering presence on the edge, either.

Just because Ware is verbally committed to Kentucky doesn't mean other schools are going to back off.

"The day after I committed to Kentucky I got an NC State offer. Other schools are still trying to recruit me," Ware said. "I still have my options but as of now Kentucky is where I want to go and that's probably where I'll sign.

"I'm most definitely going to take my official visits in the fall just to check out every school. I want to take an official (to Kentucky) too, just to see how the program's going to be, to meet the players and see what they have to say. At the end of the day that will probably be my choice and where I want to be."

Opp's football team begins spring practice on Monday and Ware believes his role will be similar to what it was at his last stop: Rush the passer and disrupt.

That's exactly what Stoops and Eliot want from him at Kentucky.

"I know I do well pass-rushing off the weak side," he said. "I think (Kentucky will) let me come off the weak side and move me to outside linebacker on certain plays. That's what I'll be doing for them."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1473055
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Deion Singleton said FSU was just alright, although he didn't comment much on his UK visit either. I think he's going to be the mystery man of the Godby kids:

Pick-6 ‏@Show_time122 Florida state was alright today

4* QB D.J. Gillins from Jacksonville, FL & Texas Tech commit, seems more on board with Texas Tech than he has previously. Chad Scott is still in contact with him, & UK remains confident that they could make a push for him. He's also hearing from Duke & Boston College on top of his offers from UNC, Vandy, & WVU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...ins-126333

UK has offered 2015 CB Garrett Taylor from Richmond, VA. Ainsley has a previous relationship with Taylor from when he was at Tennessee. Ironically enough, Taylor visited UT this weekend & they offered as well. Tennessee has impressed him early on but due to his relationship with Ainsley he'll more than likely checkout UK. He also has an offer from UNC as well as interest from Virginia & Maryland.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...lor-145497

UK appears to be the front runner for 2014 WR Kendrick Holland from Winter Haven, FL. He also has offers from Clemson & Virginia Tech.
Set for junior day this weekend, Ohio is invading the campus again.

TE Ethan Wolf from Minster, OH appears to be visiting as well as TE Darryl Long from Westerville, OH.

OG Jarrett LaRubbio from Liberty Township, OH is set to visit, his father is the one who grew up with Marrow & Stoops.

4* OT Nick Richardson from Westerville, OH is set to visit again, he didn't make the trip a few weeks ago despite being expected.

Another kid that was expected last time but didn't make the trip is Toledo native, RB/LB Paul Moses who is expected again this weekend.

Marcus McWilson's younger brother may make the visit, don't be surprised if big brother comes with him. Also hearing Kyle Meadows may make the visit.

Also hearing a couple of previous visitors may come again, in the means of QB Drew Barker & LB Dorian Hendrix.

The counterpart of a previous visitor is expected, as Godby trio visited a few weeks ago this time CB Tony Fields will make the trip. Maybe he'll bring some of his friends back.

I'm sure more names will be added throughout the week.

UK offered safety Kobie Walker from Olney, Maryland. He also has offers from Hawaii, NC State, & Wisconsin.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...KIlhZIPZB4

As UK taps the D.C./Maryland/ Virginia pipeline, I expect more offers to come from that area. Specifically to 4* OL Sam Mustipher and 4* DE Jesse Aniebonam who are also from the same school as Walker[SIZE=2]. Virginia is also stacked full of top profile recruits.
[/SIZE]
UK apparently offered TE Ethan Wolf today.

4* WR Travon Hudson of Cincinnati Colerain will be visiting UK this weekend & is apparently also the cousin of 2015 prospect George Brown. Brown is also cousins with another 2014 prospect Mike Edwards. Looks like if we could get things going in the Northern KY & Cincinnati area we could have a close knit group over the next few years.
Ansley still recruiting Gaulden, but now for UK

Justin Rowland

Derrick Ansley initially recruited Nashville (Tenn.) Independence safety Rashaan Gaulden when Ansley was an assistant coach at Tennessee.

Now that Ansley is at Kentucky he would like to see Gaulden wearing blue.

"I already had a relationship with coach Ansley back at UT," Gaulden told Cats Illustrated. "He was the one that extended the UT offer to me at first. Me and him already had a relationship.

"When I heard that he went to Kentucky we already had ties and we talked for a little bit more. We talked a bit and he offered me at Kentucky."

Gaulden has a lot of respect for Ansley and he wants to see what Kentucky is all about. To that end he will make his first trip to Lexington next weekend.

"He told me to come to the junior day next Saturday so I'm probably gonna make it there," he said.

About a dozen schools have offered Gaulden by his own estimation and that list includes Mississippi State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

He will know much more about UK after next weekend but said he already has a good amount of interest in the school.

Still, one other SEC school has the early edge over the field.

"So far Vanderbilt is probably just because they're the closest one to me right now," he said. "I have a good relationship with their coaching staff."

Gaulden said the biggest factors in his decision will be a school's defensive scheme and how he fits into it as well as how he gets along with the players on campus.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...den-132960
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Illinois LB 'psyched' after early contact with UK

Justin Rowland

Joliet (Ill.) Plainfield South linebacker Clifton Garrett is one of the nation's top football players and he plans to give Kentucky a serious look in the months ahead.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect isn't in a hurry to make a decision and he's already got a lot of offers to sort through.

Recently the Wildcats threw their hat into the ring. Garrett is anxious to find out what new-look Kentucky is all about.

"Actually everything just happened the other night," Garrett said. "They started talking to my coaching staff and I talked to coach (D.J.) Eliot.

"Basically he was just telling me how he's coaching there now and how he loves my tape, my film, and he wants me to come down for a visit. He basically told me about himself and the program."

Did the message resonate with the four-star linebacker?

"I was loving every minute of it," Garrett said. "I want to get down there for a visit."

Because Garrett and his family have a busy schedule right now it might be a little while before he's able to visit Lexington. But it's one of the trips he will make a priority, he said.

Some of the nation's top programs, such as Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oklahoma, among others, are recruiting and have offered Garrett. Would he prefer to play for an established power or try and build something new?

"I don't have a preference about that," he said. "I just want a program with a great coaching staff and I want to be a part of a great recruiting class.

"Coach (Eliot) was telling me about the defensive linemen they're recruiting and that's really important to me because they're the guys that will keep the offensive linemen off me. He was talking about the guys in 2013 they've got and one of the guys committed in 2014. I'm psyched about Kentucky."

Garrett was scheduled to visit Ohio State on Friday but he does not have any college visits planned for the foreseeable future.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1473616
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stoudemire could join teammate Ware at Kentucky

Justin Rowland

Talk to Tavise Stoudemire and it almost sounds like a given that he's going to commit to Kentucky.

The 6-foot, 220-pound linebacker from Opp (Ala.) gained some exposure when his teammate, four-star defensive lineman Denzel Ware, committed to Kentucky.

Ware and Stoudemire are cousins but they're so close that people refer to them as brothers, which has apparently been the source of some confusion.

With Ware committed to UK the Wildcats have become an intriguing option for Stoudemire.

"I talked to coach (D.J.) Eliot the other day and he was fired up about me coming," Stoudemire said. "He talked to my coach and gave information to him."

Stoudemire didn't leave much to the imagination when it comes to his interest in UK.

"I think I'm going to commit to Kentucky," he said.

His most recent conversation with Eliot was the third time he spoke with Kentucky.

"I like their program and I like coach Eliot," Stoudemire continued. "He's a great coach and he's showed me that he really wants me there."

The Cats are recruiting Stoudemire as a Mike linebacker that can man the middle of the defense and be a stout run-stopper. Stoudemire, who estimates he had 45 stops behind the line of scrimmage last year, said that's his specialty.

"I like meeting the running backs downhill in the hole. When I hit them I try not to give any extra yardage," he said.

Stoudemire was his team's defensive MVP last season. Opp's defense figures to be stingy this fall with Ware coming from Crestview (Fla.).

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1473621
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ohio WR Snodgrass eyeing a move to SEC for college

Justin Rowland

Times are changing and Thaddeus Snodgrass is evidence of that. One of Ohio's top prospects, a four-star wide receiver, lists two SEC schools at the top of his list.

As recently as last week Snodgrass listed Penn State as his favorite. Then two SEC offers came in and Snodgrass quickly changed his tune.

"I'd probably say Kentucky and South Carolina are standing out a little bit," Snodgrass said.

The reason? The spread offense at South Carolina and the Air Raid to be employed at Kentucky.

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown, running backs coach Chad Scott and wide receivers coach Tommy Mainord have all had a hand in recruiting Snodgrass to date, a sign of just how important they consider him to be.

But the coach most responsible for recruiting Snodgrass is Vince Marrow, and given UK's recent successes in Ohio that's probably a good thing.

The 6-foot-1, 184-pound receiver from Springfield (Ohio) is No. 198 on the initial Rivals250 and has clearly emerged as one of the Cats' top receiving targets.

"They just said they want me to come down on their junior day," he said, referring to the February 23 event that coincides with College Gameday and the Kentucky-Missouri basketball game in Rupp Arena.

"I think I'm going to go there. I was going to go to Penn State but my dad said it will be closer going there [to Kentucky]. I'll go to Penn State for a spring practice."

Snodgrass said he's "very excited" about the coming trip to Kentucky. It's an important trip because Snodgrass is hoping to make an early college decision. He would like to announce his destination "by the summer or before," he told Cats Illustrated. He plans to visit South Carolina sometime in the summer.

Something else to watch: Snodgrass has become good friends with four-star quarterback Drew Barker and four-star wide receiver Braxton Berrios. Both are also key targets for Kentucky and South Carolina.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1473625
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats offer 2015 cornerback from Virginia

Justin Rowland

Kentucky's coaches are playing catch-up with the current junior class but they are also evaluating some of the top talents in the Class of 2015.

The staff scrambled to piece together their recent Signing Day haul while coaches elsewhere were laying the groundwork for the next class. The Class of 2015 will be the first that the staff is totally "caught up" with their peers elsewhere.

Garrett Taylor, a 6-foot-1, 185-pound cornerback from Richmond (Va.) St. Christopher's, is only a sophomore. But he's now officially an SEC target.

North Carolina was the first school to offer the Virginia native, but he recently picked up offers from Kentucky and Tennessee.

"Just the other day I picked up an offer from Kentucky and (Saturday) during Tennessee's junior day coach (Butch) Jones offered me a scholarship," he said.

Derrick Ansley is the coach that offered Taylor. While Virginia is outside of the geographical footprint in the South that Ansley will stick to for the most part, he had an existing relationship with Taylor.

Because of that relationship Taylor is willing to consider UK.

"It was a surprise because I didn't know where coach Ansley had (taken a job). I did work with him at the Tennessee camp this past summer so he knew who I was and he liked me a lot. He went to Kentucky and told the coaching staff about me and they decided to offer," he said.

"I don't really know that much about their program but I'm supposed to be keeping in touch with coach Ansley. I'm probably going to a camp there over the summer so I'm definitely keping my options open. Once I figure out a little more about them I'll know what I think."

Kentucky will need to make a good impression early because the other two schools that have offered, Tennessee and North Carolina, have his attention.

Taylor grew up a North Carolina basketball fan and he said the Vols have made a strong early impression.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1474109
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK offeree 4* ATH Marshon Lattimore strutted his stuff yesterday at the Best of the Midwest combine. Rivals placed him as the top performer.

4* LB Brandon Lee from Indianapolis, IN placed 4th & he also has an offer from UK.

4* S Darius West from Lima, OH placed 8th & UK has this kid as high priority.

4* S Erick Smith from Cleveland, OH placed 11th & he also has an offer from UK.

TE Darryl Long from Westerville, OH placed 14th. He doesn't have an offer yet but is expected to visit UK this weekend.

LB Dorian Hendrix from Huber Heights, OH placed 15th & UK is high on this kid

The rated the top 16 & UK is the running for 6 of them that's not bad.
Nacarius Fant is picking up interest from Wisconsin & Iowa State.

4* DE Dante Sawyer from Suwanee, GA picked up an offer from UK. He also has offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, UNC, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, USC, & UCLA

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...yer-142619

Safety Allen Artis from Marietta, GA picked up an offer from UK. He also has offers from Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Missouri, UNC, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, & Wake Forest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...tis-144651

4* ATH Dareian Watkins from Galion, OH picked up an offer from UK. He also has offers from Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, Northwestern, Purdue & WVU. He's also getting interest from Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, & Wisconsin.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ins-125872
Dante Sawyer will be on campus this weekend.

4* WR Artavis "Tay" Scott from Tarpon Springs, FL picked up an offer from UK today. He also has offers from Arkansas, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa State, Michigan, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina, USF, UCF, Vandy, & WVU. He's also getting interest from Alabama, Miami (FL), & LSU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ott-130470

4* LB Tyrell Tomlin from Marietta, GA picked up an offer today from UK. He also has offers from Minnesota, Missouri, & UNC. He's also getting interest from Tennessee & Vandy.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...leges=show
DT Chris Williams from Tyrone, GA picked up an offer from UK tonight. He's got offers from Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Ohio State, South Carolina, & Texas A&M. He's also getting interest from Georgia & Minnesota.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/uga/football/rec...ams-143712
The Blue Blur Wrote:UK offeree 4* ATH Marshon Lattimore strutted his stuff yesterday at the Best of the Midwest combine. Rivals placed him as the top performer.

4* LB Brandon Lee from Indianapolis, IN placed 4th & he also has an offer from UK.

4* S Darius West from Lima, OH placed 8th & UK has this kid as high priority.

4* S Erick Smith from Cleveland, OH placed 11th & he also has an offer from UK.

TE Darryl Long from Westerville, OH placed 14th. He doesn't have an offer yet but is expected to visit UK this weekend.

LB Dorian Hendrix from Huber Heights, OH placed 15th & UK is high on this kid

The rated the top 16 & UK is the running for 6 of them that's not bad.

Is he kin to the Lattimore at South Carolina?
UK has offered ATH Stanton Truitt from Monroe, GA. He also has offers from Missouri, UNC, NC State, South Carolina, Wake Forest, & WVU. He's getting interest from Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, & UCLA.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...itt-144834
Strikeout King Wrote:Is he kin to the Lattimore at South Carolina?

Not that I'm aware of, but it's always possible. 2015 recruit George Brown seems to be kin to everyone UK is recruiting in the Cincinnati area. Confusednicker:
WR Kadeem Goulbourne from Weston, FL will be visiting along with his high school teammate & UK commit 3* WR Alex Montgomery. The two seem to be tight. Goulbourne currently has offers from Missouri & Tennessee. As well as getting interest from Clemson, Nebraska, South Carolina, USF, & Stanford.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...rne-143639

S Donovan McWilson from Youngstown, OH will be on campus along with his high school teammate, UK commit, & older brother 4* S Marcus McWilson.

Early I mentioned an Ohio OL named Andy Dalton picked up an offer. His name was actually Alex Dalton from Troy, OH. Dalton also has offers from Indiana, & West Virginia. Raised a Big Ten guy his favorite seems to be Indiana but UK could make a run for him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ton-136091

UK was one of the first schools to offer OL Nolan Kelleher from Mt. Pleasant, SC. The SEC approach seems to be one that could sway him. He also has offers from Georgia Tech & Virginia Tech. He also has interest from Clemson, NC State, Notre Dame, & South Carolina. Georgia Tech seems to be his early favorite.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...her-138690

UK was also the first to offer S/LB Khalia Hackett from Douglasville, GA. UK & Tennessee are his current favorites bu he doesn't have an offer from Tennessee yet.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ett-146121
Cats set sights on big WR from Florida

Justin Rowland

Kendrick Holland has early offers from Kentucky, Clemson, Rutgers and Virginia Tech with more certainly on the way. The Wildcats are in good shape early.

That's due in large part to the early efforts of Chad Scott and Neal Brown.

While receivers coach Tommy Mainord will likely get involved at some point, Winter Haven (Fla.) is Scott's turf and Brown often has a say in UK's recruitment of skill position players.

Holland, a 6-foot-4, 175-pound receiver, is an outstanding athlete with the ability to stretch the field. He likes Kentucky early.

"I would have to say Kentucky and probably Virginia Tech are (standing out)," Holland said.

He has never visited Kentucky but said that will change in the months ahead.

"Coach Scott and the new offensive coordinator came by the school. I had seen Chad Scott before. He came back with the new offensive coordinator to see my highlights," Holland said.

"Chad Scott has hit me up on Facebook saying (Kentucky) is a good place. He's a real cool person that I talk to the most. He's telling me they throw the ball a lot and would be able to get me the ball. He said I'm one of the top receivers they're after and he's told me (Lexington) would be a real good place to live.

"I'm going to take (a visit) up there this summer."

Of the schools that have offered Holland has only visited Clemson.

Tony Elliott, the TIgers' running backs coach, watched a Winter Haven practice last year and was impressed.

"I went up there in the summertime and they took me around and toured the campus. I competed up there. They let me see the players lounge and I really liked Clemson," he said.

But again, Clemson apparently trails Kentucky and Virginia Tech.

One of the Hokies' assistants, Torrian Gray, has attended two of Holland's basketball games.

Last fall Holland caught 52 passes for more than 850 receiving yards and eight touchdowns. He also returned two punts for touchdowns and returned two interceptions for scores.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1474375
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dalton among Ohio OL on Kentucky's radar

Justin Rowland

Kentucky is on the lookout for a few good offensive linemen from the Class of 2014 and the Wildcats appear to be doing most of their early work in Ohio.

Nick Richardson and Jarrett LaRubbio have had Kentucky offers for a while. Recently the Wildcats offered Troy (Ohio) offensive tackle Alex Dalton as well.

Dalton, a 6-foot-4, 280-pound prospect, already had offers from Cincinnati, Colorado State, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Bowling Green, Toledo and Akron.

"I picked up (the Kentucky offer) on Friday night," Dalton said. "I think it was the tight ends coach (Vince Marrow).

"My coach had been down in a conference in Kentucky or somewhere and they met there. My coach was talking to him and (Marrow) was just talking about his interest in me."

The interest goes both ways. Dalton had never thought much about Kentucky prior to the offer but now that the Cats are in play he's willing to listen.

"It's an SEC school, good football and everything," Dalton said. "I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't expect it because I hadn't talked to Kentucky in the recruiting process before that. The offer was kind of random and just popped up. I ddn't see it coming but it's there and now I just have to see what I think about them."

Kentucky obviously wants Dalton to visit the school at some point but no trip has been set up yet.

While Dalton will listen to the Cats, he admits that another school from the region currently sits atop his list as the one to beat.

"I'd say the number one (school) is Indiana. I've become real tight with the coaching staff. I could say we're pretty close. They've shown the most interest in me. I really like the facilities over there and the education is great. That plays a role. Plus it's Big Ten football. I've grown up with that," he said.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1474855
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4* Safety Darius West was set to visit Notre Dame this weekend, but has put the brakes on those plans & will visit UK.

4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass was set to visit Penn State this weekend, but is now visiting UK instead.

UK is feeling pretty confident with 4* ATH Dareian Watkins from Galion, Ohio.

Those are all recruiting "wins" at this point, but with all wins comes losses. That loss came in the way from Tallahassee's Godby High School.

Godby's CB Tony Field was set to visit UK this weekend but those plans have appeared to change & he will instead visit Louisville with his mother.

The Godby trio that visited a few weeks back safety Deion Singleton, LB Jacob Pugh & CB De'Eric Culver all had a fantastic visit at UK.

UK seemed to be atop Pugh's list. Pugh is trying to decide if he wants to visit Alabama or North Carolina this weekend. Singleton wants to visit UNC, so don't be surprised if both are at Chapel Hill this weekend.

Culver had a good visit to Ole Miss last weekend.

4* RB Mikel Horton is visiting Alabama this weekend but it doesn't look like an offer will ensue. Horton looks to be an early commit guy & UK tops his list. UK's staff encouraged Horton to visit Tuscaloosca to explore his options. It seems UK seems pretty confident about their chances with Horton.

LB Dorian Hendrix is planning a visit to Purdue in the near future but they don't seem to be a threat to UK. UK tops Hendrix list currently.

UK has verbally offered TE Ethan Wolf but he's just slightly ahead of Best of the Midwest elite performer Darryl Long on UK's TE wishlist.

UK has offered OL Isaiah Wynn from St. Petersburg, FL. He also has offers from Florida State, USF, UCF, Vandy, & WVU. He also has interest from Florida, Indiana, & Notre Dame.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ynn-133523

UK has also offered Virginia commit DT Chris Nelson. He also has an offer from Purdue. Recent interest from Miami (FL) & Florida garnered a visit to both. Guess Stoops figured he'd throw his name in the hat as well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...son-143449
4* Safety Darius West was set to visit Notre Dame this weekend, but has put the brakes on those plans & will visit UK.

4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass was set to visit Penn State this weekend, but is now visiting UK instead.

UK is feeling pretty confident with 4* ATH Dareian Watkins from Galion, Ohio.

Those are all recruiting "wins" at this point, but with all wins comes losses. That loss came in the way from Tallahassee's Godby High School.

Godby's CB Tony Field was set to visit UK this weekend but those plans have appeared to change & he will instead visit Louisville with his mother.

The Godby trio that visited a few weeks back safety Deion Singleton, LB Jacob Pugh & CB De'Eric Culver all had a fantastic visit at UK.

UK seemed to be atop Pugh's list. Pugh is trying to decide if he wants to visit Alabama or North Carolina this weekend. Singleton wants to visit UNC, so don't be surprised if both are at Chapel Hill this weekend.

Culver had a good visit to Ole Miss last weekend.

4* RB Mikel Horton is visiting Alabama this weekend but it doesn't look like an offer will ensue. Horton looks to be an early commit guy & UK tops his list. UK's staff encouraged Horton to visit Tuscaloosca to explore his options. It seems UK seems pretty confident about their chances with Horton.

LB Dorian Hendrix is planning a visit to Purdue in the near future but they don't seem to be a threat to UK. UK tops Hendrix list currently.

UK has verbally offered TE Ethan Wolf but he's just slightly ahead of Best of the Midwest elite performer Darryl Long on UK's TE wishlist.

UK has offered OL Isaiah Wynn from St. Petersburg, FL. He also has offers from Florida State, USF, UCF, Vandy, & WVU. He also has interest from Florida, Indiana, & Notre Dame.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ynn-133523

UK has also offered Virginia commit DT Chris Nelson. He also has an offer from Purdue. Recent interest from Miami (FL) & Florida garnered a visit to both. Guess Stoops figured he'd throw his name in the hat as well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...son-143449
Blur, do you know if Scott Daniel from Scott Co High is being recruited by UK? He was 6A player of the year as a junior. Heard he was at recent junior day, his cousin told us he was there. Great info on your posts man
TigerBlues Wrote:Blur, do you know if Scott Daniel from Scott Co High is being recruited by UK? He was 6A player of the year as a junior. Heard he was at recent junior day, his cousin told us he was there. Great info on your posts man

Daniel was on campus for the recent Junior Day. They are having another Junior Day this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if he was there again. He is being recruited but does not have an offer yet. It appears as if he is also getting interest from Louisville & Tennessee. UK only has extended offers to 4 players in state players & one is in the class of 2015. UofL commit ATH Reggie Bonnafon, Conner QB Drew Barker & Elizabethtown's DT Matt Elam in the 2014 class as well as 2015 Madison Southern RB Damien Harris. Here's Scott Daniel's Rivals profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ott+Daniel
LeeCo, I wanna say thank you for all that you do with this recruiting!! Appreciate it a lot!
Strikeout King Wrote:LeeCo, I wanna say thank you for all that you do with this recruiting!! Appreciate it a lot!

I second that a lot of good articles to read.
Strikeout King Wrote:LeeCo, I wanna say thank you for all that you do with this recruiting!! Appreciate it a lot!

The Blue Blur Wrote:I second that a lot of good articles to read.

No problem. Thank you! I am happy to be able to contribute to a great thread and I am happy that we actually have this kind of excitement around the team with coaches willing to recruit top caliber players year round!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats give Georgia saftey first scholarship offer

Justin Rowland

Douglasville (Ga.) South Paulding safety Khalia Hackett got some big news recently when Kentucky became the first school to offer him a scholarship.

Of course, it's only a verbal offer but it serves as notice that the Wildcats would accept a commitment from the Peach State prospect. Hackett's coach let him know the good news at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning and it's news that radically alters Hackett's future.

[Image: http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT...16_200.JPG]

Not only does Hackett now know he can play college football. He can play SEC football, and it's likely a sign of more offers to come.

Now 6-foot-3 and 207 pounds, Hackett has run the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds. He's already big for a college safety so there's a chance he could move down to outside linebacker and that's something Hackett said he would be willing to do.

"I'm more of a coverage guy but I can get up in an alley and stop the run when I need to," Hackett said. "That's what I'm about."

Hackett has visited Tennessee and he said the Vols have stood out ever since. But now that Kentucky has offered the Wildcats are also standing out.

The offer came as a surprise to Hackett.

"I was happy about it. I was excited," Hackett said. "I was surprised it was from Kentucky. I filled out a questionnaire and sent them my film but they hadn't sent me anything, so I was surprised.

"I called the defensive coordinator (D.J. Eliot), the safeties coach (Bradley Dale Peveto) and coach (Derrick) Ansley, all three of them. They just said that they saw my film and they liked what I have to offer. They liked my hips, my size and how fast I was and they told me how I would fit into the new defensive scheme they've got coming in."

The next step in Kentucky's courtship of Hackett is an unofficial visit, something that's likely to happen before too long.

"Oh yes, I'm going to make that visit," he said. "Me and my parents will be planning that visit out."

Tennessee, LSU and Georgia Tech are among the other schools showing interest in Hackett.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1474850
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here's a run down of Junior Day this weekend as it stands now, I'm sure there will be some surprises going forward into Saturday.

4* OL Nick Richardson from Westerville, OH is expected along with OL Jarrett LaRubbio from Liberty Township, OH. His dad is the one who was raised up with Stoops & Marrow.

TE prospects Ethan Wolf from Minster, OH & Darryl Long from Westerville, OH are expected. Wolf holds an offer but Long does not. Both sit atop of UK's TE wishlist & Wolf appears to be the #1 but Long improved his stock with his performance at the Best of the Midwest combine.

4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass from Springfield, OH & 4* safety Darius West from Lima, OH cancelled their trips to Penn State & Notre Dame, respectively. Both will be visiting UK instead.

Paul Moses from Toledo, OH is likely to visit but he was also expected a few weeks ago. He's listed by recruiting sites as a RB but UK is recruiting him more as an athlete. He plays LB on high school's defense but UK may consider him at safety or OLB.

2013 4* signee safety Marcus McWilson will take the trip back to UK's campus along with his brother, Donovan who is a solid player in his own respect & a safety as well.

Also returning to campus is 2013 3* WR signee Alex Montgomery, whose bringing along his Cypress Bay WR counterpart Kadeem Goulbourne.

Gadsden, AL LB T.J. Posey has confirmed he will be visiting this weekend as well. He appears to be a big time prospect & already has an offer from UK as well as Arkansas, Mississippi State, Purdue, & Tennessee. He's getting a sniff from Alabama, also.

Also expected to visit is Nashville, TN safety Rashaan Gaulden. He already has an offer from UK as well as Mississippi State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, & Vandy. He's also getting interest from Cincinnati, Georgia, Miami (FL), & Ohio State.

A couple of Louisville St. X offensive lineman are on the agenda to visit. Zane Meiners 6'7" 305 lbs. & John Krutz 6'5" 255 lbs. have plans to be on campus & appear to be the only Kentucky guys planned.

There was some buzz that CB Stephen Roberts from Opelika, AL would visit but he confirmed he would not. He's got offers from UK, Alabama, & Auburn.

LB Dorian Hendrix from Huber Heights, OH, who UK is high on is likely to visit Purdue this weekend. If not this weekend soon. Hendrix is hoping to make a commitment this spring or summer.

4* RB Mikel Horton from West Chester, OH is visiting Alabama but as previously mentioned UK's staff encouraged him to visit & it's unlikely he comes away with an offer. UK feels confident with this kid.

Also visiting Alabama this weekend is Elizabethtown DT Matt Elam, who UK offered recently. He along with Drew Barker are looking like the two highly touted prospects in the state & the guys we can't let leave home.

Expect more news & names about Junior Day this weekend to come tomorrow.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:No problem. Thank you! I am happy to be able to contribute to a great thread and I am happy that we actually have this kind of excitement around the team with coaches willing to recruit top caliber players year round!

Amen. I'm pleased with the excitement as well.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next