•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Players and Teams around
Guys it's like this. This is supposed to be a learning experience for our kids. This is the first time in school history that our little team, that the east guys have pointed out so ellequently know nothing about football, has entered this tourny. I am sure the great teams from the east have a lock on this, we are not worthy. Who cares what this moron has to say, lets go play and let our boys do the talking. Evidence has proven over the years, if we dont get them now, we will when it matters. That is basically it in a nut shell. There are some of these blow hards over on that side that know everything there is to know about football and we will just all have to learn on the west side. Grin and bear it.:please:
kyfun Wrote:History shows that I am correct about the quality of teams in the playoffs. Look at the last two years in all divisions in the playoffs. The Pulaskis team have not even had a good game yet. I would bet that they was a lot of post talking about how good Lone Oak was then also. Sounds like you have already decided that you can;t win if you are pulling the "NOT FAIR" card already.

Declaring the last 2 years as a history shows your age as well. You never addressed. A single thing i said. I dont care if your Middle School team starts practice for next year 5 min after your last game this year. My point was it is perfectly reasonable at LO could be 20 points better than last year. All we ever get from you probably 14 year old self is " but but were from the East we play better competition we invented youth football development why cant you understand it is impossible for anbody East of Sommerset to have any knowledge of football" yet you have no clue of the West programs or the level of competition. One of the East teams may win every division of middle school i honestly dont know enough about the east teams. I just know i have lived in Lex i have lived in Danville i have lived in Frankfort i have lived in Mercer County and i am from and live in Mayfield and i can tell you i have seen football on all levels at all those places and i know that Lone Oak Mayfield and Paducah are good. Lone Oak is actually great. History be damned.
I try not to compare teams from year to year. Too much can change. I also don't like to brag. I try to be humble and win or loose with grace. I also try to pass this along to my boy (his teammates too) as well. You never know what a match up may bring in a game. That is why the games are played. I like good football and good competition.
Sure, Southern Pulaski won it all as 7th graders but that was an entire season ago. New season, new teams, new match-ups... Do I want them to win the D1 championship, of course. Do I think it is a given? NO. I'm sure they will have to try to earn it every game.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck to all. Play hard, be safe!

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
Who are the best teams left in D2 after tonight?
Corbin 8th Grade
I think this tournament is great for the kids. they didnt have anything like this when i was in school.in my opinion the only way to beat lone oak is to be more physical.if mayfield had played them the way they did paducah it would have been a lot closer game.
Warrior, I am glad to see your opinion out of the east. That is the way we try to look at it. We have no way to gauge what teams we will see out there. We do know we have a good team here and there are other good teams over here. I took great offense to someone getting on here and telling us we were paper champions because we didn't play anyone when they have no idea. Blue believe me we were physical with Lone Oak. We had them on the ropes with about 6 minutes left in the game and our qb hurt his non throwing arm. He went out and we tried the wildcat. I think that would have been fine if we would have ran out of it but they had the rb try to throw. I think he felt a little rushed to do something and threw two int's. We brought in the 7th grd qb and you could definately tell he was somewhat stressed and threw another one. You look up at the scoreboard and what was a 20-18 ballgame now became a 42-18 ballgame. I think there is a way we can get on here and brag about our boys and not disrespect other teams and that is what I would like to see, because these boys can get on this site and read as well. Think about how offensive 12-14 year old boys would find this.
55 do you have any scores from your area?
The only one that I know for sure is that we beat Owensboro Catholic 8th grd 44-6. The only other thing I know is that Caldwell County won their game because we have to travel there next week. I wish I knew something about Lone Oak and I think Paducah Tilghman had a bye.
i know northern Ky has it going on with their football!
Mayfield Cardinals 30
Caldwell Co Tigers 6 final

Don't let the score fool you though, Caldwell was a very tough team this year. They were undefeated until tonight. They have some really good talent. They have 2 backs that should also be mentioned on that site of best players in Ky.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)