•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Players and Teams around
TigerBlues Wrote:Zyaire from Lone Oak last year was something else. Hope he is doing great things out there.

He is actually starting as Lone Oaks Varsity QB, the starter got hurt in the first or second game and he has done well ever since.
Torrence is Zyaire's little brother
plantmanky Wrote:He is actually starting as Lone Oaks Varsity QB, the starter got hurt in the first or second game and he has done well ever since.

What happened to the Quarterback that led them to the state championship and semi-finals in middle school? I think he would be a sophomore now.
Willamsburg quarterback 7th grader Camron Sizemore 5'10" 180 lbs lefty looks to be a good one putting up good numbers this year while starting for the 8th grade team. Camron also plays fullback and reciever when needed and d-end on defense.:Thumbs:
The full back for Southern Pulaski (44) hands down. Could start for any High school program in the state.
I put owen county up against anybody
Fooseball Devil Wrote:The full back for Southern Pulaski (44) hands down. Could start for any High school program in the state.
Thats a crazy statement-you are telling me he could start for Highlands ,Trinity, Bowling Green ect: No way!:dontthink
maybe not those three and some of their other top tier but I think he could play end/backer and full back for about anyone else right now. He's listed at 5'11 220 and knows how to play football. I was very impressed with him. He's one of the more dominating players that I have seen at the middle school level. If he continues to improve he should be able to play some college ball in a few years.
RichBrooks Wrote:maybe not those three and some of their other top tier but I think he could play end/backer and full back for about anyone else right now. He's listed at 5'11 220 and knows how to play football. I was very impressed with him. He's one of the more dominating players that I have seen at the middle school level. If he continues to improve he should be able to play some college ball in a few years.
I dont think so, maybe SW this year but he could not have started for them last year with the team they had-middle school to high school is a big step, not saying he will not be a good player but I would be pretty safe in saying he could not start for half the teams in 5A alone.
One
TayDay80 Wrote:To give a point of view from Western Kentucky. There are a few Teams that are really good. There is Paducah Middle School, and Lone Oak Middle School who can flat out play. All so there are some kids on those teams that should be considered for Team Kentucky. From Lone Oak there is Torrence Rouse at LB, who made the West All-Star team last year. From Paducah Middle School there Trevance Davenport at RB, and Chance Orr at DE or OG. Chance Orr can play on either side of the play in multiple positions, he also made the West All-Star team last year. If i'm correct i think his last name use to be Sulver.

How do you leave off Mayfield in the West considering they smoked Paducah Middle School. 7th grade 44 to 14. And the 8th grade beat Paducah 48 to 12. Really in 8th grade it was Lone Oak and Mayfield nobody else even played close to those two. in 7th grade it was Mayfield and nobody else. Never even had a serious challenge. As for players in the West Trayjean Bright son of former all stater Michael Bright was the best rb in the 8th
The Qb and the big wideout from Lone Oak was head and shoulders above anybody else. lone Oaks oline and dline were the best. in 7th grade there was not a better back then shawntres Tyler he shattered all of MMS rushing records. I would also that Mayfield 7grade qb Nate Fox. I think that Mayfield had the best lines as well. Also Mayfield beat that Awsome LoneOak 7th grade 42 to 0 in the wky championship.
Bowling Green will be tough in playoffs both 7th and 8th went undefeated
Bg and fs both have some outstanding players
Ryle Freshmen 6-0.
Bigshow00 Wrote:Bowling Green will be tough in playoffs both 7th and 8th went undefeated
Only because they did not play Northern or Southern Pulaski this year. I have seen teams from all around the state and the two best teams in middle school football by far are these two teams.:1:
Northern and Southern are definitely the best two teams in the state. Region 4 is where the championship will be decided unless injuries become a factor.
Union Raiders 7th graders are 6-0 with impressive wins over Corbin, Cov Cath and East Central, Indiana. Tough game this weekend against Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy.
Cool that the Ryle Freshmen are undefeated- would be even cooler if this weren't a Middle School football discussion.
In Northern Kentucky Cole Vonhandorf, 8th grade for Covcath, is at the head of the class at QB. He's a year or two ahead of his peers talent wise. 5'11'' 160 range for size.

He throws a good ball and doesn't make many bad decisions. Has a good stiff arm when he tucks and runs.

Scary thing is he may be a better LB. Highlands will have fun containing him in the years to come. May be good enough to start as a sophomore at Covcath. Have been told he's a beast on the hardwood as well.

Has to be considered one of the top middle school athletes in NKY.
Spirit100 Wrote:In Northern Kentucky Cole Vonhandorf, 8th grade for Covcath, is at the head of the class at QB. He's a year or two ahead of his peers talent wise. 5'11'' 160 range for size.

He throws a good ball and doesn't make many bad decisions. Has a good stiff arm when he tucks and runs.

Scary thing is he may be a better LB. Highlands will have fun containing him in the years to come. May be good enough to start as a sophomore at Covcath. Have been told he's a beast on the hardwood as well.

Has to be considered one of the top middle school athletes in NKY.
Highlands may have more fun with him playing Qb for them!Confusednicker:
NP
SP
KC
top 3 teams in the state
mayfields 8th grade back #8 looked great against paducah middle.I think that port was before the paducah mayfield game last year as 7th graders paducah beat mayfield. 2 teams going in opposite diretions
Great kid and family.
Cov Cath 8th is a special special group. Lots of athletes with speed & size on both sides of the ball.
I'd love to know how they would stack up against the rest of the state but not a part of the KYMSFA so who knows.
I do know they put a hurting on Ryle's 8th grade team (a team who has a couple of boys starting for the Freshman team).
Great things ahead at CCH since the development of the Colonel Youth Football program several years ago.
How many kids made 7th Allstate that made it this year?
bluedad1 Wrote:Great kid and family.
Cov Cath 8th is a special special group. Lots of athletes with speed & size on both sides of the ball.
I'd love to know how they would stack up against the rest of the state but not a part of the KYMSFA so who knows.
I do know they put a hurting on Ryle's 8th grade team (a team who has a couple of boys starting for the Freshman team).
Great things ahead at CCH since the development of the Colonel Youth Football program several years ago.

Who are the two kids that are playing Freshman ball at Ryle? If that is true, why are they not listed on here as one of the top players in the state?
There are always several kids who play up from 8th to 9th grade ball for various programs. Happens every year. Does that make them one of the top players in the state? Not necessarily. Depends on the High School program they are playing up to- their needs, shortcoming etc.
Doesn't matter- CCH handled them with no problem.
Not sure about most of the teams out there but my vote is for the 8th Grade Redhounds! I am biased of course... A shout out to all the student athletes out there. It's tough to play sports and keep the grades up. They are all winners in my book as long as they show good sportsmanship and character on and off the field.
I have been reading this forum/site for a while now and think that the Louisville area Middle Schools has some great talent that doesn't get to be seen over the state. I know just in the east end of Louisville there are great running backs, QB's and WR. Talent is deep but doesnt get the board talk like the county schools do.
Bigshow00 Wrote:Bg and fs both have some outstanding players

Congrats on great year!cant believe we ,south warrren made playoffs also like to see several players from this area make all state team
Leonidas Wrote:Does the KMSFA provide officials?
Panther,would not be hard for me to see anyone of these 3 bring home the hardware. Having a grandson on Southern,guess I'll be pulling there first. But if one of you make it out instead we'll be pulling for you guys.
I will coment on the good Region 1 Teams since I know them well.

D1: Bowling Green, Daviess Co., Lone Oak & Moss
D2: Paducah and Franklin-Simpson
D3: Mayfield, Caldwell Co, Butler Co.
7th Grade: Bowling Green, Franklin-Simpson
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next