Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School teams '12
Blue dad1 how do you think Cov Caths 8th grade team this year would match up with some of these teams being mentioned in this thread?
I would not jump to that conclusion to fast. There is a sleeping giant out there and no one is talking about them. The Meade Co. 8th grade team wants revenge from last year defeat by S. Polaski and they are on a mission to roll over anyone who gets in their way.
bluedad1 Wrote:My first post was responding to the fellow stating he wanted Mayfields 7th to play Beechwoods 7th. I was only clarifying that their 7th isn't 7th at all but a mixture of 7th and 8th- mostly 8th. Understand?

I understood completely what you were clarifying! Twice! You was "clarifying" that it wasn't fair, said it yourself. Then you went on and said it was the norm in E Ky. I was simply clarifying that you was whining about it. "Fair or not, thats just the way its set up" and " I don't agree with the practice never will". Confusedhh: Understand?
Leonidas Wrote:Wow...parents should be barred from this website. It baffles me that people think being a good parent is getting on a website and bragging about their children as opposed to making sure they're staying grounded or doing homework. It never ceases to amaze me.

It never ceases to amaze me that someone like you would be on here passing judgement. Get a life of your own.
Maybe we should compare the age of the kids and not the year they are in the school...probably come out about the same. Everyone in the state, just like Eastern Kentucky, has an opportunity to hold their kids back so they can be more successful. Nothing wrong with the practice. I just think people want to push their kids through life too quickly.
I think they would match up favorably with just about anyone. I only base that on the fact that they took care of Union (who I think is a D1 #3 seed in these playoffs?) pretty handily during the season.
They have a special class of athletes this 8th grade year in particular. You will hear a lot about these kids in the coming high school years. @ (45) kids- of which @ (12) are big time difference makers. They have a mean streak on the field that you can't coach. Not one super stud RB or WR- but a terrific platoon of them- any of which can take it to the house- Alex Shelton at inside slot probably leads that pack. The QB VonHandorf, however, is the best 8th grade QB in N. Ky. IMO and I've seen them all. Would you agree?
Crossbones Wrote:I understood completely what you were clarifying! Twice! You was "clarifying" that it wasn't fair, said it yourself. Then you went on and said it was the norm in E Ky. I was simply clarifying that you was whining about it. "Fair or not, thats just the way its set up" and " I don't agree with the practice never will". Confusedhh: Understand?

You might argee with it but here in owen county we dont need to hold our player back they are great player and students and dont need a secound chance to,make the most
Of what they giving .:devilflam
rebel 4 life Wrote:You might argee with it but here in owen county we dont need to hold our player back they are great player and students and dont need a secound chance to,make the most
Of what they giving .:devilflam

Well!! Congratulations!!:eyeroll:
Paintsville Tigers are looking good and well balanced.
Paintsville Tigers are well balanced on offense, defence and special teams.
SouthSider Wrote:Southern Pulaski has 2 great teams this year...
Yes they are good programs but i do think it is time for them to be dethroned. I would really like to see Meade Co make a name for its self this year in the playoffs.
unbiasedopinions Wrote:Maybe we should compare the age of the kids and not the year they are in the school...probably come out about the same. Everyone in the state, just like Eastern Kentucky, has an opportunity to hold their kids back so they can be more successful. Nothing wrong with the practice. I just think people want to push their kids through life too quickly.

jefferson county does not have that option...period.. believe me i looked into it.. i never said it was wrong to do we should just have the same policies everywhere
plantmanky Wrote:Time and logistics really aren't an issue. The NKY conference could play their conference games during the week, allowing the teams to play outside the conference on a few weekends. The large schools are already playing B team type games on Wednesdays now, could easly play an A and B game on those nights.

The athletic directors would tell you otherwise plantman. Let's roll with your idea though.

Provide a few matchups so we better understand what your proposing. I can see NKY teams traveling within two hours to play a team and would like to think other teams would travel to NKY to play.

However, what about a 4-6 hour stretch. Do they choose a nuetral site and split the difference?

Are teams carpooling or taking buses? And will the host site accept donating the gate to pay for expenses ( gas, charter, food )? Some things to consider. As much as we'd like to see this happen, put yourself in the shoes of the school ADs and you'll hear about, liability, $$$, time, and logistics.

Talk with your local AD as will I and we'll compare notes. I welcome your feedback.
Crossbones Wrote:Well!! Congratulations!!:eyeroll:

Thanks we will send u a postcard when owen win state in middle school
bluedad1 Wrote:I think they would match up favorably with just about anyone. I only base that on the fact that they took care of Union (who I think is a D1 #3 seed in these playoffs?) pretty handily during the season.
They have a special class of athletes this 8th grade year in particular. You will hear a lot about these kids in the coming high school years. @ (45) kids- of which @ (12) are big time difference makers. They have a mean streak on the field that you can't coach. Not one super stud RB or WR- but a terrific platoon of them- any of which can take it to the house- Alex Shelton at inside slot probably leads that pack. The QB VonHandorf, however, is the best 8th grade QB in N. Ky. IMO and I've seen them all. Would you agree?

#22 at LB with #15 are a beastly pair on defense. Looking forward to seeing if Turkeyfoot can contain VonHandorf on offense...if so they have a chance, if not this could easily be a 3-4 TD margin.
WarriorProud Wrote:Bowling Green is undefeated cause they didnt play southern or northern pulaski this year after the big losses they took last year by these two schools.

Looks like they may eventually play this year. Looking forward to that one.
VonHandorf could easily take the ball on QB sweep right & left & they would still stand a good chance of winning- but that wouldn't help him develop as a QB or the RB's and WR's obviously. But that's the great part about this team and the point of developing kids for the next level @ CCH. They run an offense that asks them to share the ball across a wide variety of spots on the field, which forces the defense to divide their attention equally & not focus on one or two guys.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Thanks we will send u a postcard when owen win state in middle school

Best of luck to them and there road to the state championship, I'm sure there a fine ball team. I never once said they were not. Heck!! I hadn't even heard of them till you mentioned them in this thread. In the last post you just stated that owen didn't need holdbacks, I simply congratulated them on it. Hows that working out for the high school team? Whats there record in 2A?
Rockcastle has a good 8th grade team. Wins over Garrard, Wayne, Bell, New Harlan and 14-0 heading into the playoffs. I would have liked seeing them play in this tourney, I think they could have made some noise. I don't know why they aren't in (conference playoff schedule conflict is what I heard). #10 Chayse McClure should be all state material
Crossbones Wrote:Best of luck to them and there road to the state championship, I'm sure there a fine ball team. I never once said they were not. Heck!! I hadn't even heard of them till you mentioned them in this thread. In the last post you just stated that owen didn't need holdbacks, I simply congratulated them on it. Hows that working out for the high school team? Whats there record in 2A?

4-4 secound in district going for back to back winning season know that we got our middle school program is in gear with the high school and know it starting to go with the flow it took a while but know it starting to go
corbin may finish behind pike central
WILD WILLIE Wrote:corbin may finish behind pike central
Corbin is a strong team. They won't finish behind anyone from what I have seen. Corbin would be a strong contender in D1.
Paintsville Tigers in Div 3!
BigMelon63 Wrote:Paintsville Tigers in Div 3!

Sorry man Mayfield decided to participate this year. Div 3 we just dropped the 2 seed and previously undefeated team in our bracket 30 to 6 in our first 2 playoff games we are outscoring our opponents 74 to 12. Butler county we are coming for you.
I'd love to see Paintsville and Mayfield play in the state championship!
Sounds as though you guys are hitting your stride RedandBlack. Good luck the rest of the way. Some very good teams still in this, including your own. Hope all fans and players arrive safe,then return home the same. Good Luck And Saftey To All Competing...
BigMelon63 Wrote:I'd love to see Paintsville and Mayfield play in the state championship!

Sorry you guys will have to get past Meece(sommerset) according to a few on here if your not from the Pulaski county area we are wasting our time. Mayfield is thinking that if we get to the finals we will just show up and get our runner up trophy and go home. Lol! We are not looking past anyone we will have to have a really tough game against Butler to get to the final 4.
Well said Red...people need to quit venting their dirty laundry and be more objective...if not just start a my team is better than your team thread!
adopted purple Wrote:Looks like they may eventually play this year. Looking forward to that one.
Won't be close.
Meadeproude Wrote:I would not jump to that conclusion to fast. There is a sleeping giant out there and no one is talking about them. The Meade Co. 8th grade team wants revenge from last year defeat by S. Polaski and they are on a mission to roll over anyone who gets in their way.
Northern and Southern Pulaski would both be no contest for you, sorry.