Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets Released
I wish Pikeville would register in this. I'm assuming they would be in the D3 division, and from the looks at the teams in it, I think they could compete.
Makes me mad that no one in Letcher Co middle school would try to be in this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
How can Belfry Middle be seeded lower than Pike County Central, somebody please explain.
KMSFA2 Wrote:I think your question is a good one.

Our #1 answer is that it offers more opportunities to kids.

Another part of the answer was that for the first few years we were told by some schools that they couldn't compete with the larger schools. So we made 2 divisions, then the following year we made 3.

To be 100% honest, the western end of the state has not gone up in membership like we'd hoped. The eastern end has. The central part has always been heavy.

In my personal opinion, it baffles me how ANY middle school coach in this state could know about the opportunities the KMSFA provides (we are sooooo much more than just a state playoff/championship organizer) and not want to offer them to his/her program. There are also coaches out there who get in and out depending on if ther team is good from year to year. Again, just being honest, that is not conducive to the KMSFA being a sustainable model. Most of ou members now are long term members. We pick up meet ones every year. I also feel like the middle school programs in this state tht are serious about football participate with us. If they don't (and if they take offense to my last statement) well then I personally offer them an invite to join and participate and show me differently?

I hope this at least a little bit I insight?

Please tell me about opportunities the KMSFA provides and how it is soooooo much more than a state playoff/championship organizer.

I'm all ears.
How in the world is Boyd 7th an 8 seed when they won their conference, which includes 3 seed East Carter??? Especially considering East refused to play Boyd!
BoondockSaint Wrote:Please tell me about opportunities the KMSFA provides and how it is soooooo much more than a state playoff/championship organizer.

I'm all ears.

East West All star games for 7th and 8th grade over thanks giving weekend
Team KY 8th grade team
Team KY 7th grade team
Countless invites to FBU Camps
Spring 7on7 passing tournaments in May and June
Yes, I would agree that it KMSFA does provide opportunities. Cause till my son was selected for the East/West All-Star game I had never heard of FBU. I'm just glad my son and myself had a chance to enjoy that opportunity.
Yea, I felt the same way.
plantmanky Wrote:East West All star games for 7th and 8th grade over thanks giving weekend
Team KY 8th grade team
Team KY 7th grade team

Why does owen have to play at a naturel site we are unbeatein so why do we have to go play lca at ryle
How do you get info on all this ?
Good luck to all KY teams.
plantmanky Wrote:East West All star games for 7th and 8th grade over thanks giving weekend
Team KY 8th grade team
Team KY 7th grade team

Color me unimpressed.

Its Thanksgiving, by the way.
Does the KMSFA provide officials?
BoondockSaint Wrote:Color me unimpressed.

Its Thanksgiving, by the way.
Why does belfry have to play a play in game when they are undefeated and beat pike central twice this season. And also how in the world did pike central get a higher seed over belfry when belfry won their conference and pc didn't even make it to the championship game. Sounds to me like a lot of kids have been done wrong the way your talking too.
Sorry about that I quoted the wrong post in my last one but you get the point
Playing in the KYMDSFA should pair teams that never would usually play! As i look through the brackets i see teams from the same conferences playing in divisions against each-other in the 1st rounds! This is nothing more than playing $250 to play another conference game! Case in point West Carter vs Morgan Co. Raceland vs Louisa Paintsville vs Pineville in D3 Region 4!
^Pay the travel costs there genius and you can have it your way
Hope Central Middle can bring this home!
S.Pulaski and N Pulaski in Region 4 with Eastern Ky 2+ hours away and Wayne Co down the road in Region 2.....IMO a team should not have to play teams from their conference until late in the tournament. I too agree that Division 2 and 3 should be merged.
Sounds like the deck has already been stacked!Confusedhh:
footbalfan Wrote:Playing in the KYMDSFA should pair teams that never would usually play! As i look through the brackets i see teams from the same conferences playing in divisions against each-other in the 1st rounds! This is nothing more than playing $250 to play another conference game! Case in point West Carter vs Morgan Co. Raceland vs Louisa Paintsville vs Pineville in D3 Region 4!

Paintsville Jr. High has not played Pineville...
@Boondock Saint - How about something that we all see is severely lacking in this state - OVERSIGHT. TRAINING. PROFESSIONALISM. ACCOUNTABILITY.

Find another sport that has the amount of effort that the KMSFA puts in at the middle school level? I would challenge that you won't - even basketball.

Before the KMSFA, there was a known vaccum at the middle school level. We approached the KHSAA and created dialogue about changing that. Their answer in short was "no". They used words like "unfunded mandates" and "lack of support" from state government.

So a very enthusiastic and committed group of folks went to work. Now 6 years later, here we are - bigger and better than ever.

I will end this with this - every year there are always a handful of people who get on this site in particular and complain. I'm sorry that the answers we give you don't satisfy you. Take your complaints to your program's coach or AD. They have the opportunity to make suggestions EVERY year at the annual meeting. There are items that come up and are voted on and pass. Some of you all actually have some good ideas.

My only other suggestion to you is VOLUNTEER. You have these ideas and this energy? Why waste it posting anonymously on a message board? We have plenty of spots we could use your help! I am going to put my email address below. Contact me personally. We can't wait to plug you in!

I'll be anxiously awaiting my inbox to fill up with you folks offering to help!

Sincerely and respectfully,
JT BASS - KMSFA
jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com
They can not be any logic behind putting 7 of the 8 teams in the state finals in the same region. Thus, favoritism is my next guess. It appears at my for look it was done to protect Region 1 & 3. I not sure who is on the board but my guess would be several from those two regions. Anyone one know who the board members are and what team they support?
I am not sure where all the teams are located in division 1 but it appears the distance between South Pulaski(42501) and Paintsville (41240) is greater than the distance between South Pulaski and any other team. Again can anyone on the board explain that?
Any one know where butler co is in brackets?
Does seeding decide home field?
How do they pick team ky?
Are teams put in division by size of high school or middle school?
Board members -

Greg Mitchell - formerly of Lexington Catholic
Jeff Mann - formerly of West Hardin
JT Bass - Jefferson County Traditional
Cary White - Lone Oak
Adam Lantman - Summitt View

There are other region reps. Please go to our site to find more info.

Now that you know who we are, everyone else care to identify themselves?

JTB
As for your question on distance - the lines have to be drawn somewhere. No matter which region you pick, there are always going to be teams that are on extreme edges. You picked all eastern KY teams. Our membership in the KMSFA in the western end of the state is less. Look at the distances they travel.

In a perfect world, every middle school in the state would participate. But that's just not reality. I can assure its not due to lack of effort on the KMSFA's part.