Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets Released
Doea anyone know how Barret did this year, D1 wins??
how is belfry an 8th seed
They tried to put their 8th grade team in the game in the third quarter after Paintsville led 42 to 0. The 8th grade team played in the next game.
I just cleaned out the moderation que.
If you are a member with 5 or more approved post, you should be able to see the brackets now.
If not give send me a P.M. and we will try to resolve your problem.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would like to say that our 8th grade mayfield football team is not by far a one man show. We have a great defense, good kicking game and very smart athletes. There are at least 8-9 kids on our defense that would hit jonathan jackson if he came through the line. I am very proud of our bunch. I have noticed that my own has even decided this year that this is the best sport out there and he is willing to stick his head in on every play and has played hurt most of the year to prove it.

Yeah I have seen all those kids. Never missed a practice. I will say this after observing alot that Nick seems to take it more serious than most and it shows. I agree I think the west will represent well. I think Lone Oak will really surprise some people huge team that can throw like they can is going to be really tough to defend on this level. Still wish somebody would give us the skinny on OCath before Sat. Tell Nick I said good luck. Im going to try to be there Sat.
RichBrooks Wrote:Just glancing over all the enrollment numbers from the document sent out over the list serve and noticed a couple things that kind of stuck out as a problem. There are teams listed as D-1 and are playing in D-2 playoffs. (Mason 243 and Elkhorn 246) That is using the 2011 SAARS report or whatever it is and no its not the first one that was incorrect. Also there are a few teams listed as D-2 playing in D-3 playoffs. (Louisa 172, Morgan 165, Union Co 176, West Carter 162)

Also Region 4 has a total of 24 teams in all three divisions. Region 3 has 17, Region 2 has 18 and Region 1 has 15. Also region 4 has some of the longest driving distances. This just further shows the balance issues of our current format. This is obviously not all of the member schools but these are the number of schools playing in the 8th grade playoffs. 4 of these schools were moved into region 4 because of "geographical reasons" Three of those won a state title last year(SP 7th, NP 8th D1, Meece 8th D3).

So yes I am complaing about the justification of such a move. Would they have been moved if all were first round exits last year?

This years meeting needs to be well advertised because I think many teams from Region 4 will have some issues to discuss. Things like this are deal breakers, these geographical issues threaten to completely undo all the great work this association has done. How can there be play-in games for some teams, meaning they have to win 4 games to win a Region title and other teams have to win 1?

Also why are T-shirts no longer free this year, but membership fees went up?

The meetings are at the Nike COY clinic in Louisville. It is well advertised. Not many showed up to it last year. The t-shirts were a member vote. It was voted on and passed to stop giving away the free t-shirts and to do away with the $500 sponsorship. The dues went from $50 to $250 because you saved $300 on sponsorship. So it actually costs less this year. If you don't like the way the system is, my advice is to get involved. Start spending your time in helping the association. These are volunteers. Every member has a right to go to the meetings, vote and change things. But don't sit back and watch someone else do all the work then complain about the way they do it.
What does Whitley's 7th grade have this year? I heard their 8th grade was down but haven't heard much on the 7th, I do know they have another Mills.
Is he a player like his brother.:devilflam
Whitley has a well rounded team . Good on both sides of the ball.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:What does Whitley's 7th grade have this year? I heard their 8th grade was down but haven't heard much on the 7th, I do know they have another Mills.
Is he a player like his brother.:devilflam

Hey Devil I have only seen them play once. Against our Jaguars, it was our only lost this year. Their defence would bend, but would not break against us. They scored on a couple of big plays and it was really a defensive game. They are sound on both sides of the ball and are well coached.
Let me start by saying that I thought there was a bunch of complaining about the brackets that was uncalled for. But I have been hearing about teams not turning in all the games they have played so their point average is better! Not going to name teams but that is not the way to get a higher seed! No I'm not saying we are scared to play them because if the seedings were correct both would still have to win their first game to play, its the fact of instead of a home game for us and making some much needed money for our program we will have to spend money to goto their place if we both win! Good Luck and leave it all on the field!!!
JagSwag Wrote:Hey Devil I have only seen them play once. Against our Jaguars, it was our only lost this year. Their defence would bend, but would not break against us. They scored on a couple of big plays and it was really a defensive game. They are sound on both sides of the ball and are well coached.

Defense, sorry for the misspelling. lol
If you searched hard enough in anything you do you could find something to not like... Fact is look back 20 years 15 years 10 years even 5 years and find an opportunity like this for middle school aged kids... I know this group of men are not lining their pockets with money its a group of guys that wanted to see more chances to succeed for our kids.. Its lots of work to organize and host a state playoff system and an all-star weekend for these kids... Its not a perfect system but what is ?? Its something other states would love to have. Try to support the idea.... Thanks and good luck to ALL teams !!! :Thumbs:
Does anybody know about Union county and what they run on offense and defense?
CCRebels Wrote:The meetings are at the Nike COY clinic in Louisville. It is well advertised. Not many showed up to it last year. The t-shirts were a member vote. It was voted on and passed to stop giving away the free t-shirts and to do away with the $500 sponsorship. The dues went from $50 to $250 because you saved $300 on sponsorship. So it actually costs less this year. If you don't like the way the system is, my advice is to get involved. Start spending your time in helping the association. These are volunteers. Every member has a right to go to the meetings, vote and change things. But don't sit back and watch someone else do all the work then complain about the way they do it.

Of course the meetings are held in Louisville. Why not choose a location that's a little closer to the parts of the state. Lexington would be a better choice.
richbrooks Wrote:of course the meetings are held in louisville. Why not choose a location that's a little closer to the parts of the state. Lexington would be a better choice.

"why not have it here in the mountains us good ole boys could figure this thing out"..... There is more football than just in the south west
There is also more football than just Louisville too. Considering the southeast portion of the state is where the titles come from. I think those teams should at least have an equal say. I guess Lexington is the mountains? Because that's where I suggested we host it in my previous post. Since Lexington is the most central location for EVERYONE, including the Louisville schools. I'm sure people from Louisville would drive down to Somerset for the meeting next year. Considering they won 3 of the 4 possible championships last year and are favored to do the same this year.
RichBrooks Wrote:Of course the meetings are held in Louisville. Why not choose a location that's a little closer to the parts of the state. Lexington would be a better choice.

Considering the Nike Clinic is attended by 80-90% of the high school coaches in the state (whom many attend our meetings and ask questions every year about what they can do to help the KYMSFA) and many middle school coaches as well it makes sense to have it then.

It doesnt matter where you hold these meetings the few that truely care show up, express opinions and options for change, help implement those changes and voulenteer to better things. The ones that only want to bitch and moan, sit infront of their computer and type.

We held one of our two state wrestling meetings out in Western KY last year, to try and make it easier for those coaches to attend......Not one damn coach showed up from the western region, not one. Same thing happens with the state football meetings, very few show up, and when they do, its the same group every year, the ones that truely care and want to help the association and middle school football.
RichBrooks Wrote:There is also more football than just Louisville too. Considering the southeast portion of the state is where the titles come from. I think those teams should at least have an equal say. I guess Lexington is the mountains? Because that's where I suggested we host it in my previous post. Since Lexington is the most central location for EVERYONE, including the Louisville schools. I'm sure people from Louisville would drive down to Somerset for the meeting next year. Considering they won 3 of the 4 possible championships last year and are favored to do the same this year.

Louisville coaches and AD's can not even register their teams, pay their fees and submit win loss forms, what makes you think they will drive out side of Jefferson Co for a meeting?
I guess sarcasm is harder to use on a message board. I was simply replying to the person above who suggested that if we want changes to go to the meeting. It is roughly 3 hours away from the eastern and southern part of the state. I was using Louisville members to make a point that it is ridiculous to expect people to travel three hours to a meeting that will likely result in no changes.
The three importance and serious and questions had been ask to the KYMSFA Board and have yet to be answered other than with a generic dismissive answer. (KMSFA2 posted “As for your question on distance - the lines have to be drawn somewhere. No matter which region you pick, there are always going to be teams that are on extreme edges. You picked all eastern KY teams. Our membership in the KMSFA in the western end of the state is less. Look at the distances they travel. “Wink

1. Why do we have teams classified inaccurate. ( Boyd , Greenup, Mason County & Elkhorn) Just a few that I question.

Posted by Rich Brooks
Just glancing over all the enrollment numbers from the document sent out over the list serve and noticed a couple things that kind of stuck out as a problem. There are teams listed as D-1 and are playing in D-2 playoffs. (Mason 243 and Elkhorn 246) That is using the 2011 SAARS report or whatever it is and no its not the first one that was incorrect. Also there are a few teams listed as D-2 playing in D-3 playoffs. (Louisa 172, Morgan 165, Union Co 176, West Carter 162)

2. Why not strive for Balance of Power and Number of Teams in each Region?

Posted by Rich Brooks
Also Region 4 has a total of 24 teams in all three divisions. Region 3 has 17, Region 2 has 18 and Region 1 has 15.
Posted by MSU Eagles
If you look at the chart you will see no teams in Region 3 or 2 have a greater distance to travel to South Pulaski than Johnson County Middle School and only 3 teams in the Region 1.
Second, being on the board you must have knew that by adding South, North and Meece to Region 4 you were stacking this Region. 7 out of 8 2011 state finalist are know in Region 4.

3. If geographic was the major factor why they was Pulaski not put in Region 2 or 3?

Posted by Rich Brooks
Also Region 4 has a total of 24 teams in all three divisions. Region 3 has 17, Region 2 has 18 and Region 1 has 15. Also region 4 has some of the longest driving distances. This just further shows the balance issues of our current format. This is obviously not all of the member schools but these are the number of schools playing in the 8th grade playoffs. 4 of these schools were moved into region 4 because of "geographical reasons" Three of those won a state title last year(SP 7th, NP 8th D1, Meece 8th D3).

Posted by MSU Eagles
If you look at the chart you will see no teams in Region 3 or 2 have a greater distance to travel to South Pulaski than Johnson County Middle School and only 3 teams in the Region 1. With 3 teams in Region 1 being from Bowling Green which is only 117 miles from South Pulaski. The average distance from South Pulaski to all teams in Region 3 is 125 miles with the shortest trip being only 83 miles from South Pulaski. The average distance from South Pulaski to all teams Region 2 is also 125 with the shortest being only 45 miles.

You stated in you reply “ the lines have to be drawn somewhere” my question is why this way? The line as you said “ drawn somewhere” was not based on geographic as you can see in the chart above nor base on competitive fairness so why. It appears to benefit other teams in Region 1 and 3 in my assessment.

In reviewing the above post I continue to struggle to find the login behind the Regional Alignments and team classification. Can anyone on the board clear this up so next year the KMSFA doesn’t look like they are playing favorites?
Can anybody please tell me how good Union county is?
Is there somewhere we can find updated brackets?
Division-1, Region-4 looks like the SEC, gotta beat the piss outta each other to make a title game. Thats fine and dandy though, just makes these mountain teams that much tougher so that one day we'll knock the kings like Highlands and Trinity out of the top high school spots....
RichBrooks Wrote:Of course the meetings are held in Louisville. Why not choose a location that's a little closer to the parts of the state. Lexington would be a better choice.
Why not Pulaski County? They seem to want everybody to go there! Hahahaha!!! :biggrin: