Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky?
DD,I never met You,but i truly believe your are a good person who is trying to make the best of the situation for your son. It is unfortunate some of the things we say in the heat of battle on the field. I heard the" juice "calls at half time of our game and was taken aback by it.Guess I'm just too old school.Not saying you where the one saying it,but you can't fault a father from defending his son either. Sometimes of our words cut deeper than intended. I'm off my soap box, sorry wasn't trying to lecture. As i said before good luck in all your guys Future endeavours.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:DD,I never met You,but i truly believe your are a good person who is trying to make the best of the situation for your son. It is unfortunate some of the things we say in the heat of battle on the field. I heard the" juice "calls at half time of our game and was taken aback by it.Guess I'm just too old school.Not saying you where the one saying it,but you can't fault a father from defending his son either. Sometimes of our words cut deeper than intended. I'm off my soap box, sorry wasn't trying to lecture. As i said before good luck in all your guys Future endeavours.

You are a class act Grandpa.
warrior grandpa Wrote:dd,i never met you,but i truly believe your are a good person who is trying to make the best of the situation for your son. It is unfortunate some of the things we say in the heat of battle on the field. I heard the" juice "calls at half time of our game and was taken aback by it.guess i'm just too old school.not saying you where the one saying it,but you can't fault a father from defending his son either. Sometimes of our words cut deeper than intended. I'm off my soap box, sorry wasn't trying to lecture. As i said before good luck in all your guys future endeavours.

i was the frozen idiot on the roof with your coaches filming the game so no i wasn't yelling at any players ..my son isn't in any kind of situation, he is a normal kid getting ready for high school.. I asked you to look me up there but it was cold and you guys were on other side of field.. I wanted to meet you put a name with a face kind of thing ..if you knew me you would know half of what i say is intended to be funny and i agree that sometimes i go back and read my old posts and can see why people get mad at me.. I really mean no harm ..it is hard to type sarcasim
Warriors Alum Wrote:Southern Pulaski 8th Graders

I think we have an all around good team.
Here are a few of our guys...

William Lemmon 5'10" 190 RB/MLB
Floyd Fannin 5'11" 225 RB/DE
Peyton Phelps 5'9" 190lbs OG/DT
Chuck Burton 5'8" 150lbs RB/WR/DB
Brandon Pruitt 5'9" 160lbs QB
Austin Ballou 5'9" 160lbs RB/DB
Austin Daulton 6'3" 270lbs OT/DT
Brandon Mayfield 6'1" 260lbs OT/DT
also Nelson, Baker, Hembree, ect...
(I may not be exact but all close measurements)
I could go on and list the entire 8th grade roster.
I just may be partial though...

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
Very good team indeed.
Northern Pulaski also has some very good ones and in my opinion and probably most from southern would tell you Northern was the second best team in the state.
Jake Johnson QB Db
Ricky Maxey RB DB
Jessie Hudson DE RG
Cullen Cox C
Jaxon Mobley LB
Devin Vaught LB
Dillion Hopkins DB
Cody Daniels DE
There are more but it go on forever lol.
Ftw.. I watched Raceland play , not even top 5 best player on his own team
When we was at practice, we didnt notice any kids that stuck out more than others. Didnt see anyone that looks like they are cut to any extremes. All i saw was a bunch of hard working kids that have earned the right to be called Kentuckys best. I salute the kids from every team that made it. Time to get them all to come together and put Ky football on the map together as a team. GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!!!!
Agreed, after 6th grade practice I walked over to watch the rest of the 7th and 8th grade. The way both teams were smacking and playing just from the 2 practices that had that day...the rest of the US better be ready for a hurtin...our boys are big, mean, and fast. This should be exciting...Best of Luck to all players on TEAM KY...congrats for making the team.
Is there an 8 th grade roster yet?
Everything should be set this weekend. I think they want to see who is playing in east/west to see if they want to pick anyone up after the game...
I know they just contacted my son Sunday nite we just sent in info today I was hoping they had something out before this weekend
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Agreed, after 6th grade practice I walked over to watch the rest of the 7th and 8th grade. The way both teams were smacking and playing just from the 2 practices that had that day...the rest of the US better be ready for a hurtin...our boys are big, mean, and fast. This should be exciting...Best of Luck to all players on TEAM KY...congrats for making the team.

Coach, how do they compare to last year's team? That was a huge team and went to the final four loaded at every position. Just wondering.
I wasn't at a school last year that was apart of the association so I wasnt able to get involved with that team but would love some insight from anyone who was apart of the run last year.
I don't think this year's 8th grade team is overall as big as last year's team but I think that they a close. Maybe bigger in a couple of positions.
Even as much as it may help, size isn't everything though. lol
We shall see how they play in a week or so.
I think they look pretty good so far.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!! :Cheerlead