Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky?
WILD WILLIE Wrote:it always has to be someone elses fault, fatdaddy, or doughbaby or what evewr your name is get off here and get on the crybabies or whinners web site, or be a man and say they were a better team or they had a better game, dont blame it on age, and by the way how stupid to say that there is a bigger difference in 12 to 15 than 16 to 19 your ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a big difference in the age 12-15 then 16-19 when it comes to maturity buddy. You need to stop calling other people ignorant and worry about yourself.
KarnivalKat Wrote:There is a big difference in the age 12-15 then 16-19 when it comes to maturity buddy. You need to stop calling other people ignorant and worry about yourself.
I see you may be in the same category and you really should mind your own business, BUDDY!!!!!!!!
:redboxer: Casey Diamond. 6'2 215 QB. Knox county. Was on a team that rarely passed the ball but would show up on 3rd&18 an sling it for the first. One to watch in High school.
There are plenty of talented kids in this state playing in these playoffs, some PARENTS, not the school or coaches use holdbacks to get better, its the parents choice.

If you have a issue, when you team plays someone you suspect is older than the allotted age, just request the Birth certificate, by RULE all teams are required to have students birth date available upon other coaches request.

I think some of the argument that is being brought up in this thread is that inside JCPS we are not allowed to use any player that is not on grade level, which means that they can not be in middle school longer than 3 years (same rule for high school but its 4 years)

The guys running the KYMSFA are doing a great job but until every team is under the same rules you will always have someone complaining about teams taking advantages of older players, and yea its the team who has LOST that will start yelling CHEATERS, HOLDBACKS...just accept the lose...

These games are not for the parents, the coached, the school...the game is played at this level to make our boys (girls if on your team) better at the game but most importantly at life. Nothing more...

If you have a problem with the rule that a student can be 15 AFTER Aug. 1st of football season then take it up with the rule committee...
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:There are plenty of talented kids in this state playing in these playoffs, some PARENTS, not the school or coaches use holdbacks to get better, its the parents choice.

If you have a issue, when you team plays someone you suspect is older than the allotted age, just request the Birth certificate, by RULE all teams are required to have students birth date available upon other coaches request.

I think some of the argument that is being brought up in this thread is that inside JCPS we are not allowed to use any player that is not on grade level, which means that they can not be in middle school longer than 3 years (same rule for high school but its 4 years)

The guys running the KYMSFA are doing a great job but until every team is under the same rules you will always have someone complaining about teams taking advantages of older players, and yea its the team who has LOST that will start yelling CHEATERS, HOLDBACKS...just accept the lose...

These games are not for the parents, the coached, the school...the game is played at this level to make our boys (girls if on your team) better at the game but most importantly at life. Nothing more...

If you have a problem with the rule that a student can be 15 AFTER Aug. 1st of football season then take it up with the rule committee...
Well Said,
Now back to what this thread IS ABOUT:

Anderson County has a great Running back, not sure his name but he is #1

I only know about the teams we play and so thats all i can speak on.

#44 and #15 from S. Pulaski are on constant BEAST mode

The RB from Barrett middle is real good.

QB from Union looks solid

Highlands Middle has a great RB (7th grade)

These are my opinions, I dont comment on players on my own team cause of course I think they are great. I will leave it up to other coaches to let me know who they think are great...
WILD WILLIE Wrote:Well Said,

SURE SOUNDED BETTER THAN ANYTHING EVER TO COME OUT OF YOUR " piehole"
WILD WILLIE Wrote:I see you may be in the same category and you really should mind your own business, BUDDY!!!!!!!!

Mind my own business on a thread open for discussion. How about the comment you made referring to the guy being ignorant. What makes you any different than myself when voicing my opinion.

Your the idiotic one to think such a thing? The difference in a 12-15 year old in many cases is much different then that from a 16-19. Your a nut, but keep talking this board needs some laughter every once in awhile.
we are going to wait till our kids turn 7 yr old before we start them in school, so we dont have to hear about hold backs and you cry babies wont have anything to blame your losses on then, GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!! are from penn state karnival kat
sure sounds like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:SURE SOUNDED BETTER THAN ANYTHING EVER TO COME OUT OF YOUR " piehole"
thank you
KarnivalKat Wrote:There is a big difference in the age 12-15 then 16-19 when it comes to maturity buddy. You need to stop calling other people ignorant and worry about yourself.

I know that a lot of people feel this way..but my child will start high school at 13 yrs old and may and i said may be ask to play in a varsity game in that case he would possibly be playing against men of 18 or 19 yrs of age. Yes here in eastern ky holdbacks are the norm but by this being the norm my child has played against bigger faster kids for years and it has made him a better ball player,he is not intimidated by any other players on the field not only has he learned to hit but has also learned to recieve a hit....I feel that a parent knows what is best for their child and in the land of the free makes this only one persons choice and that is the parent..IMO
GoBigRed66 Wrote:I know that a lot of people feel this way..but my child will start high school at 13 yrs old and may and i said may be ask to play in a varsity game in that case he would possibly be playing against men of 18 or 19 yrs of age. Yes here in eastern ky holdbacks are the norm but by this being the norm my child has played against bigger faster kids for years and it has made him a better ball player,he is not intimidated by any other players on the field not only has he learned to hit but has also learned to recieve a hit....I feel that a parent knows what is best for their child and in the land of the free makes this only one persons choice and that is the parent..IMO

i don't disagree with any of that ...my problem is and always has been the rules are not the same for everyone in jefferson county we do not have the option of holding our kids back. we have a three year clock on middle school sports just as high schools have a four year clock
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i don't disagree with any of that ...my problem is and always has been the rules are not the same for everyone in jefferson county we do not have the option of holding our kids back. we have a three year clock on middle school sports just as high schools have a four year clock
Well that was the policy around our county for a long time also until a few parents pushed the issue and got lawyers involved and now it is the way it should be -the parents decision.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i don't disagree with any of that ...my problem is and always has been the rules are not the same for everyone in jefferson county we do not have the option of holding our kids back. we have a three year clock on middle school sports just as high schools have a four year clock

From what I understand you can hold kids back in jeferson county, but they can just play 3 yrs in mid school. If you wanted to hold a kid back then do it in the primary grades, it works out the same way in the long run.
GoBigRed66 Wrote:I know that a lot of people feel this way..but my child will start high school at 13 yrs old and may and i said may be ask to play in a varsity game in that case he would possibly be playing against men of 18 or 19 yrs of age. Yes here in eastern ky holdbacks are the norm but by this being the norm my child has played against bigger faster kids for years and it has made him a better ball player,he is not intimidated by any other players on the field not only has he learned to hit but has also learned to recieve a hit....I feel that a parent knows what is best for their child and in the land of the free makes this only one persons choice and that is the parent..IMO

Uhm, ramble on I assume? My comment on age had nothing too do with holdbacks really, i was just simply stating facts. In some cases, i child will mature much quicker and at age 13 be the same as they are at 19 and on.

Holdbacks, i see nothing wrong with it. You want your child to have the opportunity to participate at the highest level possible to play with best competition, indeed it's the only way to get better. Kudos to them if it happens to be at age 13.
Pikeville

#76 Jordan Scott 6'1 258 OL/DT

#64 Nate Campoy 5'8 205 OL/DT

#6 Austin Salyer 6'0 210 FB/MLB
All 3 are hard nosed football players
We got to see the Knox Co QB during the team KY tryout. We was really impressed with him. He would make a great addition to the team. He could sling the ball and was hitting the recievers on the money.
Hey DoughDaddy, I will take that bet.....message me; I will show you proof, then take your farm, I have to carry his birth certificate in my pocket; He has worked very hard for his accomplishments; and yes he started both ways on the 8th grade state championship team as a 6th grader, won 7th and again this year as an 8th grader. He is ranked 30th in the country, an academic all-american and played in the 7th grade all american bowl last year in Texas. He is 14 and already got a call from John Maddern for their prep school in Florida. He already has college offers and isnt in High School yet. Oh, and has 2 state titles in Basketball and one in baseball..........and I bet he can beat you in Golf!!!! Now do you know of any other kid in the State of KY with a resume like that? Why cant you just be proud that he is representing your State, and forget about the school rivary thing?
My last statement was to DoughDaddy; who bet his farm that Floyd Fannin is 15 or older!
:welcome:
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Now back to what this thread IS ABOUT:

Anderson County has a great Running back, not sure his name but he is #1

I only know about the teams we play and so thats all i can speak on.

#44 and #15 from S. Pulaski are on constant BEAST mode

The RB from Barrett middle is real good.

QB from Union looks solid

Highlands Middle has a great RB (7th grade)

These are my opinions, I dont comment on players on my own team cause of course I think they are great. I will leave it up to other coaches to let bme know who they think are

great...

Both QB's from union 7th(Davis) and 8th (Morgan) are really good. The WR from Elkhorn #6 is real good as well.
warrior-buck Wrote:hey doughdaddy, i will take that bet.....message me; i will show you proof, then take your farm, i have to carry his birth certificate in my pocket; he has worked very hard for his accomplishments; and yes he started both ways on the 8th grade state championship team as a 6th grader, won 7th and again this year as an 8th grader. He is ranked 30th in the country, an academic all-american and played in the 7th grade all american bowl last year in texas. He is 14 and already got a call from john maddern for their prep school in florida. He already has college offers and isnt in high school yet. Oh, and has 2 state titles in basketball and one in baseball..........and i bet he can beat you in golf!!!! Now do you know of any other kid in the state of ky with a resume like that? Why cant you just be proud that he is representing your state, and forget about the school rivary thing?
i can get you another birth certificate that says he is 11 just in case you wanna start over again... I'm just glad you took him off the juice
I think you are all over looking this 7th grader from Letcher county he broke his arm and didn't finish the season but he played great before that the kid had ice water in his vains
I think you are all over looking this 7th grader from Letcher county he broke his arm and didn't finish the season but he played great before that the kid had ice water in his vains
Warrior-Buck Wrote:Hey DoughDaddy, I will take that bet.....message me; I will show you proof, then take your farm, I have to carry his birth certificate in my pocket; He has worked very hard for his accomplishments; and yes he started both ways on the 8th grade state championship team as a 6th grader, won 7th and again this year as an 8th grader. He is ranked 30th in the country, an academic all-american and played in the 7th grade all american bowl last year in Texas. He is 14 and already got a call from John Maddern for their prep school in Florida. He already has college offers and isnt in High School yet. Oh, and has 2 state titles in Basketball and one in baseball..........and I bet he can beat you in Golf!!!! Now do you know of any other kid in the State of KY with a resume like that? Why cant you just be proud that he is representing your State, and forget about the school rivary thing?

DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i can get you another birth certificate that says he is 11 just in case you wanna start over again... I'm just glad you took him off the juice

Dang!! I have no dog in this fight, but dang. The man (warrior-buck) gets on here to prove you wrong and talk about how many great accomplishments the young man has made and you still running your mouth on the kid and accuse him of being on steriods ("off the juice"). Just unbelievable. The is for you...
one of the best 7th graders is #17 from farnsley hes a great TE/OLB/DE
I agree. The Bentley kid is a gamer. Hate it he broke his arm. Hope it is healing good. #21 on LCC is a player as well
Crossbones Wrote:Dang!! I have no dog in this fight, but dang. The man (warrior-buck) gets on here to prove you wrong and talk about how many great accomplishments the young man has made and you still running your mouth on the kid and accuse him of being on steriods ("off the juice"). Just unbelievable. The is for you...

no dog in the fight either but for years people get upset about kids having facial hair in middle school but I had never seen one who was balding. Brings up some questions for sure. and by no means am I trying to insinuate anything. Just saying that with his older appearance he may have reached or could be really close to his peak. Which is right now way ahead of anyone else at his age. Fannin is a beast of a 14-15 year old.
I'm sure some of us have went to school with kids who have had facial hair. One kid i went to school with had a full beard and chest hair in the 7th grade,he would have 5 o'clock shadow way before 5 and he stood less than 5' 2" and was of (proper)age. Also we had a guy in high school who had more grey at 16 than he had hair,it happens. Some are medical,others may be in the genes but we should not make blanket statements without knowing.
warrior grandpa Wrote:i'm sure some of us have went to school with kids who have had facial hair. One kid i went to school with had a full beard and chest hair in the 7th grade,he would have 5 o'clock shadow way before 5 and he stood less than 5' 2" and was of (proper)age. Also we had a guy in high school who had more grey at 16 than he had hair,it happens. Some are medical,others may be in the genes but we should not make blanket statements without knowing.

sorry grandpa i lost my mind for a moment