Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky?
Really...

"Mr. Fannin" is not 15 years old. He is 14 years old.
You are able to view the birth certificates of the players.
I do believe coaches are required to keep copies of them at the games just for such occasions.

We have no 2 year hold backs that I am aware of. That would make a kid very young starting school or ineligible for part of high school.

Southern Middle is 6-8. Most 6th graders play in the youth league and not in middle school.

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
I have know idea about Coach Wright since i have never seen him coach. I just know they had alot of turnover this year on the staff. Not trying to just make excuses,just trying for a differnt prespective. But I guess on here anybody can be a keyboard cowboy.YEE HAW!!!!
F T W Wrote:Racelands 8th grade Nick Caldwell QB/Safety

If he's dedicated. He will be one of the best to come out of Raceland and the area in a long time.
footbalfan Wrote:Bailey walker 30- Raceland
Timmy dalton 2 Lawrence co

Walker no doubt has over a 1400 yards rushing in only 9 games.
Against Louisa (first playoff) game. He had 175+ yards rushing.
Will put up lots bigger numbers then his dad and uncle did at Raceland combined.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:if we could pull birth certificates i would bet the farm there are 15 year old kids on that team... i know you are not trying to tell me mr fannin isn't 15 ...at least

How come parents and fans on the losing end. Blames and makes excuses like.
Those kids are older! The refs were terrible.! It's never that ream was good. We got beat by a better team.
Man up! Accept defeat. And don't let your kids hear this talking.
My kids come to me after a game with excuses. I tell them they should have played harder. You got beat!
football 105 Wrote:How come parents and fans on the losing end. Blames and makes excuses like.
Those kids are older! The refs were terrible.! It's never that ream was good. We got beat by a better team.
Man up! Accept defeat. And don't let your kids hear this talking.
My kids come to me after a game with excuses. I tell them they should have played harder. You got beat!

i'm not on the losing end of anything
Jordan Doan from meece
and floyd fannin from s pulaski
corbin
I think the implication is if they are turning 15 this school year, before August 1 2013, they are playing as a 15 year old. However, no big deal as they will be eligible their senior year which is all that matters.
Russell's Nick Conley. 8th grader but stars on their undefeated freshman team. I would say leads the team in TD's and INT's on def.
football 105 Wrote:If he's dedicated. He will be one of the best to come out of Raceland and the area in a long time.

If he stays at Raceland. Could be an Eagle is calling his name.
Kent gets better with every game. Lots of good support on the line. Well balanced team.
Kent Phelps from Paintsville.
F T W Wrote:If he stays at Raceland. Could be an Eagle is calling his name.

Just by transferring to one or another won't make him a better . Really don't matter where!
It's how much you put in it.
"We have no 2 year hold backs that I am aware of. That would make a kid very young starting school or ineligible for part of high school."

That's not the truth and you know it.:dontthink
What do you think is not true?
To my knowledge we have no kids that have held back twice.
Do we have hold backs? Yes. I have one myself.
Kids that have held back twice? No

:Thumbs:

Warriors Alum Wrote:What do you think is not true?
To my knowledge we have no kids that have held back twice.
Do we have hold backs? Yes. I have one myself.
Kids that have held back twice? No

:Thumbs:

A two year hold back isn't one who has necessarily failed two times. [COLOR="Red"]For example, it is a student who is in the 7th grade who will turn 14 after August 1.
[/COLOR]
Just sayin....look at the birth certificates. I don't think you can say you don't have any of those.Confusedhh:
football 105 Wrote:Just by transferring to one or another won't make him a better . Really don't matter where!
It's how much you put in it.

Reread your post. Making oneself better was never mentioned. Although it may challenge a player to compete at a higher level by transfering or having the option to do so.
I wish him well at what ever decision he makes. He will be good wherever!
At this grade level he's the best QB I've seen this year.
Butt was a 6th grader last year.. He could have played youth league if he wanted to. I can ensure you there are not one 15yr old on that team. Why risk your High School career? Just got lucky to have a bunch of good kids at once. The 7th grade team has 38 players..It takes a great group of parents to get and keep that team together.
SouthSider Wrote:Butt was a 6th grader last year.. He could have played youth league if he wanted to. I can ensure you there are not one 15yr old on that team. Why risk your High School career? Just got lucky to have a bunch of good kids at once. The 7th grade team has 38 players..It takes a great group of parents to get and keep that team together.

Wonder why you brought up Butt? Thought that was a secret. Confusedhh: Guess the word's out now.
Everyone will never be pleased.

Schools should have copies of birth certificates available on their players with them at the games. To my understanding they may be reviewed upon request from opposing teams.

A two year hold back sounds to me like a kid that has held back on two occasions. Most of the time when somebody refers to a child voluntarily repeating a grade level, the term used is "hold back".
I never mentioned anything about a child failing either.

"unbiased"? Doesn't sound that way...

unbiasedopinions Wrote:Wonder why you brought up Butt? Thought that was a secret. Confusedhh: Guess the word's out now.
What do you mean the secret is out?!? Southsider was simply referring to an earlier post that stated that he played on the 7th grade team, which he absolutely did.....AS A 6th GRADER. We do have some 6th grade players who play on the 7th grade team. No one is trying to cheat anyone here. For crying out loud, it's middle school football, not the NCAA or NFL. You people seriously think that middle school football coaches are going to jeopordize their coaching careers or risk humiliating their schools by playing a kid who is over the age requirement? There may be coaches out there that will attempt it, but I guarantee it, Southern Pulaski does not. We have enough talent on our teams with kids who are of the "correct age" that we don't need to "sneak" anyone in to help our program. We have a great program that includes great coaches and great players, period. You can argue and disagree with me all you want, but do not comment on kids that you know nothing about. You want to know, come talk to the coaches. They will be more than happy to provide you with a birth certificate on every player.
[quote=FootballFamily]What do you mean the secret is out?!? Southsider was simply referring to an earlier post that stated that he played on the 7th grade team, which he absolutely did.....AS A 6th GRADER. We do have some 6th grade players who play on the 7th grade team. No one is trying to cheat anyone here. For crying out loud, it's middle school football, not the NCAA or NFL. You people seriously think that middle school football coaches are going to jeopordize their coaching careers or risk humiliating their schools by playing a kid who is over the age requirement? There may be coaches out there that will attempt it, but I guarantee it, Southern Pulaski does not. We have enough talent on our teams with kids who are of the "correct age" that we don't need to "sneak" anyone in to help our program. We have a great program that includes great coaches and great players, period. You can argue and disagree with me all you want, but do not comment on kids that you know nothing about. You want to know, come talk to the coaches. They will be more than happy to provide you with a birth certificate on every player.[/QUO

Nobody said you were cheating...you brought up that word. I said you have hold backs.:rockon:
unbiasedopinions Wrote:[quote=FootballFamily]What do you mean the secret is out?!? Southsider was simply referring to an earlier post that stated that he played on the 7th grade team, which he absolutely did.....AS A 6th GRADER. We do have some 6th grade players who play on the 7th grade team. No one is trying to cheat anyone here. For crying out loud, it's middle school football, not the NCAA or NFL. You people seriously think that middle school football coaches are going to jeopordize their coaching careers or risk humiliating their schools by playing a kid who is over the age requirement? There may be coaches out there that will attempt it, but I guarantee it, Southern Pulaski does not. We have enough talent on our teams with kids who are of the "correct age" that we don't need to "sneak" anyone in to help our program. We have a great program that includes great coaches and great players, period. You can argue and disagree with me all you want, but do not comment on kids that you know nothing about. You want to know, come talk to the coaches. They will be more than happy to provide you with a birth certificate on every player.[/QUO

Nobody said you were cheating...you brought up that word. I said you have hold backs.:rockon:
And I did not imply that you said we were cheating. But when you accuse kids of being too old to play, I would take that as you are trying to accuse that team of cheating. I never denied that kids haven't been held back. But, as long as the state allows it, there will be hold backs in every school in every state. But no parent (that has any sense) is going to hold their child back in elementary/middle school just so that they can be a "superstar" there and risk their child being ineligible to play ball their senior year.
North Laurel, had a good kid - 7th grader, we couldn't do anything with #28 I believe they said his last name was Mcwhorter.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:the difference between 12 to 15 is huge in maturity the difference between 16 and 19 not so much the players advantage goes away when the other kids mature too it is only helpful at the middle school level nobody holds back a kid in high school there is no sports advantage to doing so i wonder how many band kids get held back at these schools middle school needs a three year clock just as high schools have a four year clock
it always has to be someone elses fault, fatdaddy, or doughbaby or what evewr your name is get off here and get on the crybabies or whinners web site, or be a man and say they were a better team or they had a better game, dont blame it on age, and by the way how stupid to say that there is a bigger difference in 12 to 15 than 16 to 19 your ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it always has to be someone elses fault, fatdaddy, or doughbaby or what evewr your name is get off here and get on the crybabies or whinners web site, or be a man and say they were a better team or they had a better game, dont blame it on age, and by the way how stupid to say that there is a bigger difference in 12 to 15 than 16 to 19 your ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Casey Diamond. 6'2 215. Knox County. QB. Hes gotta team that rarely passed the ball. But when it was 3rd&18 or they needed the first he'd sling it an they would come up top. One to watch in High school.
wild willie Wrote:it always has to be someone elses fault, fatdaddy, or doughbaby or what evewr your name is get off here and get on the crybabies or whinners web site, or be a man and say they were a better team or they had a better game, dont blame it on age, and by the way how stupid to say that there is a bigger difference in 12 to 15 than 16 to 19 your ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do people keep thinking i have lost... I can have an opinion without it just being sour grapes... We are alive and well in these playoffs.. I'm simply stating the rules are not the same for everyone.as a whole we need to come together and allow it or not.. End of story