Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky?
Now that most schools have played a few games, who are some of the better players in the pike, letcher, and floyd county area? Let's try to keep this unbiased by only mentioning opponent players and not members of your home team
Kent Phelps - 8th grade - RB Paintsville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Kent Phelps - 8th grade - RB Paintsville

Couldn't agree more. I saw this kid play against Lawrence Co. and he was nearly untouchable. He has great vision, speed, agility and balance. The only thing the kid is lacking is strenght, which will come.
Guys check out this article about Kent's stats to this date. I'm just learning more about the dynamic of youth and middle school football in Kentucky. But these stats are great at any level.

http://youth1.com/index.php/football-hea...ade-season
Kent Phelps is a good player, by good in mean average. Paintsville hasnt played anyone that would hit him. But he is a GOOD player. I would say Blake Gamble from JCMS 7th is better and Alex Spencer from JCMS 8th is better as well.
Southern Pulaski 8th Graders

I think we have an all around good team.
Here are a few of our guys...

William Lemmon 5'10" 190 RB/MLB
Floyd Fannin 5'11" 225 RB/DE
Peyton Phelps 5'9" 190lbs OG/DT
Chuck Burton 5'8" 150lbs RB/WR/DB
Brandon Pruitt 5'9" 160lbs QB
Austin Ballou 5'9" 160lbs RB/DB
Austin Daulton 6'3" 270lbs OT/DT
Brandon Mayfield 6'1" 260lbs OT/DT
also Nelson, Baker, Hembree, ect...
(I may not be exact but all close measurements)
I could go on and list the entire 8th grade roster.
I just may be partial though...

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
Noah frisby. Jcms
Jared Grubb. South Laurel. RB. Saftey.
Meece's jordan doan
Racelands 8th grade Nick Caldwell QB/Safety
Racelands 8th grade Nick Caldwell QB/Safety
are you serious?
bleeding red Wrote:are you serious?

Meaning?
i was on the wrong thread
bleeding red Wrote:i was on the wrong thread

If you are from Corbin, your boys are very good! #28 the running back and your qb are very good but honestly your team is so balanced you can't focus on one kid! My pick to win D2!!!
Mine 2
warriors alum Wrote:southern pulaski 8th graders

i think we have an all around good team.
Here are a few of our guys...

William lemmon 5'10" 190 rb/mlb
floyd fannin 5'11" 225 rb/de
peyton phelps 5'9" 190lbs og/dt
chuck burton 5'8" 150lbs rb/wr/db
brandon pruitt 5'9" 160lbs qb
austin ballou 5'9" 160lbs rb/db
austin daulton 6'3" 270lbs ot/dt
brandon mayfield 6'1" 260lbs ot/dt
also nelson, baker, hembree, ect...
(i may not be exact but all close measurements)
i could go on and list the entire 8th grade roster.
I just may be partial though...

Go warriors! :cheerlead

did you need the phrase "i might be partial" most all these kids have played middle school ball for four years
I may be partial. Who isn't partial toward their own squad?
And with that being said, I never stated Southern was the best team. I never stated that our kids were the best at any position either. I was just sharing a little of our roster and my opinion of Southern's team.

No player on the Southern roster has played middle school ball for four years.

That is just an absurd statement.

Warriors Alum Wrote:I may be partial. Who isn't partial toward their own squad?
And with that being said, I never stated Southern was the best team. I never stated that our kids were the best at any position either. I was just sharing a little of our roster and my opinion of Southern's team.

No player on the Southern roster has played middle school ball for four years.

That is just an absurd statement.

your saying southern has no hold backs that will be in middle school for four years...yeah and i got purple monkeys flying out my hinney hole ....absurd indeed
If Southern Middle is 6-8 then I'm sure they have some 4 year guys at the school but if the meet the same age guidelines as the rest of the state why does it matter?
I would say this to the kymsfa to pull all of southerns birth certificates. Just to make sure. And why do they do so well in middle school then not so well in high school except last year.
Maybe the coaching is to blame or maybe some kids move to other areas. Kids usually move if and when parents move if job transfered. Maybe the kid is not willing to put in the time and training it takes to play high school ball. Some give up the sport to play other sports,there could be many reasons such as injuries,etc.
coach wright will destroy there football program lol
I think it is because all other schools catch up to the 2 & 3 year holdbacks . So sacrific the programs future for the right now.
Bailey walker 30- Raceland
Timmy dalton 2 Lawrence co
Southern Pulaski seems to be in a class of it's own
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Maybe the coaching is to blame or maybe some kids move to other areas. Kids usually move if and when parents move if job transfered. Maybe the kid is not willing to put in the time and training it takes to play high school ball. Some give up the sport to play other sports,there could be many reasons such as injuries,etc.

the difference between 12 to 15 is huge in maturity the difference between 16 and 19 not so much the players advantage goes away when the other kids mature too it is only helpful at the middle school level nobody holds back a kid in high school there is no sports advantage to doing so i wonder how many band kids get held back at these schools middle school needs a three year clock just as high schools have a four year clock
EVERY middle school in the state has hold backs! that just shows your ignorance doughboy! and there is not one kid on the 8th grade team that is 15!
WarriorProud Wrote:EVERY middle school in the state has hold backs! that just shows your ignorance doughboy! and there is not one kid on the 8th grade team that is 15!

Are you sure of that . Seems like some of those guys were on that team last year . I know # 15 Butt was in the 7th grade last year.
WarriorProud Wrote:EVERY middle school in the state has hold backs! that just shows your ignorance doughboy! and there is not one kid on the 8th grade team that is 15!

if we could pull birth certificates i would bet the farm there are 15 year old kids on that team... i know you are not trying to tell me mr fannin isn't 15 ...at least