Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PC I Built
MOTHERBOARD

BIOSTAR TA970XE AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 970 Chipset, 2000MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, CrossFireX Ready

[Image: http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/SkuI...118779.jpg]

Maximum Memory Supported 32GB - 64bit

CPU
AMD FD4100WMGUSBX FX-4100 Processor - Quad Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 3.60GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), Socket AM3+, 95W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

MEMORY
2 SETS OF
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered

[Image: http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skui..._40739.jpg]

Hard Drive
Seagate ST1500DL003 Barracuda Green Hard Drive - 1.5TB, SATA 6Gbps, 3.5" 5900 RPM, 64MB

A old Custom Case i had laying around and a few other odds and ends.
[Image: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-39083765508...3_79122868]

Video Card

XFX Double D GeForce GT 630 GT630NZDF2 Video Card - 1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Low Profile, Dual-Slot
[Image: http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/SkuI...985468.jpg]

Bought all this from tips i have received working as a Cable tech for the past few months. A little smile and ass kissing will go a long ways.
Nice looking machine, WC. I especially like that it has room for 32 Gb of memory. My ASUS desktop at home tops out at 16 Gb.
Budy, are you getting to spend enough time at home to fire that bad boy up? Nice, can I ask how much it cost you to put it all together? Great job!
^ I like that option as well...
But I've built two machines with Biostar boards and both of them died on me eventually.
But you never know what you get with some stuff.

I'm running an Asus board right now and it has held up well.

Is this your first build?

I pretty much just buy desktops stock anymore.
Do you have a power supply in the case?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nice looking machine, WC. I especially like that it has room for 32 Gb of memory. My ASUS desktop at home tops out at 16 Gb.

It attracted me as well. I remember when putting 2gb in my first DDR Build was Shocking Fast.
Stardust Wrote:Budy, are you getting to spend enough time at home to fire that bad boy up? Nice, can I ask how much it cost you to put it all together? Great job!

TIME! I have had this stuff for almost 2 weeks and finally got time to throw it together. Was amazed none of it came DOA. Very relieved.

The motherboard, CPU, Ram, and Video card costed me 300$.

I already had the Hard Drive. But unless your an insane movie buff like me u dont need anything over 250, Just something with a High Transfer rate and RPM. So about 65-90 for a Good Internal Drive.

The Case was 53$ on Ebay. PSU was around 40$ i believe. DVD/Cd Rom Drive 32$.

You can Do a Stellar Build from Anywhere from 350-500. Most of this came from Tiger Direct and they have a few very good bare bone kits. But i like picking my own stuff out. Makes it more Mine.
zaga_fan Wrote:^ I like that option as well...
But I've built two machines with Biostar boards and both of them died on me eventually.
But you never know what you get with some stuff.

I'm running an Asus board right now and it has held up well.

Is this your first build?

I pretty much just buy desktops stock anymore.

zaga_fan Wrote:Do you have a power supply in the case?

No, About my 100th Build. I have done it since i was about 11. Destroyed many MOtherboards in my time. I have had some luck with Asus in the Past but never had a BIOSTAR go bad on me. I had a Asus Rock SOmething for years until it finally caught fire with a overclock issue.

Its has a AGS Series 620 Watt PSu In It.
I used to build and repair on the side...
until EVERYONE started doing it around here.

I had a friend that owned a shop and ran it by himself and I helped him with his repairs when I had time and he would let me order from his wholesaler.
He went under and I tried to keep it up by just ordering from New Egg but the increase in the price and everyone else picking up the same trade led me out of the business.

I've done one build for myself in the past 3 years and that's the computer I'm typing on now.
I work for the IT department at a college now and I get all kinds of special discounts and inherit all kinds of stuff that we're supposed to "throw away".
I can't keep the HDs though...
I had to destroy a TB hard drive a couple of months ago :|
that is nice i know someone who built a 16 gb once but 32 gb wow that is a lot of storage space