Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVD help
My dad sent me a DVD of a few of my football games and I wanted to make a highlight tape out them. Does anyone know how I can pull the video file from the DVD?
Are you working with Mac or Windows?

If it's a Mac, I can help. If not, I cannot lol.
Windows...
You will need to purchase something like "The Dazzle" or a PVR.

Depending what kind of quality you want is basically how much you are going to pay.

PVR's go from anywhere from 100-400 dollars but well worth it.

I would advise looking through Amazon.com and Ebay. They have great deals on them.
They are very basic to hook up and come with instructions. I have one that I use for just videos from my gaming device. If you need any other help besides that let me know.

I'm sure there are other half-cocked ways of doing it, but the options above will be less time consuming and more than likely your best bet.
These are already on DVD though. Isn't there a way to rip video files like you would rip audio files?
Have you tried messing around with windows movie maker?
I know with the PVR you can record whatever is on your TV screen straight to the computer..
Including DVDs..

I see what you are trying to do let me look around for a second.

You will probably need to download the VLC media player..
Just pause and play through the video, self explanatory.
If you want to rip videos off of a dvd, I like to use DVD-Ranger. I know it offers a Trial.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tool...nger.shtml
(10-08-2012, 10:33 AM)running_clock Wrote: My dad sent me a DVD of a few of my football games and I wanted to make a highlight tape out them. Does anyone know how I can pull the video file from the DVD?

Nero is a great program.
DVD santa is a good program as well.