Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheerleading 2012 khsaa
Has anyone heard what types of changes are taking place now that the KHSAA has taken over cheerleading???
A bunch of stupidity Id say
Double Twists to Cradle No Longer Permitted in High School Spirit

http://www.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=6775
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
2012-13 Spirit Rules Changes

2-3-8 Adds wrist braces to the items of protective equipment that do not need additional padding
2-4-1b Specifies that a base must not hold any objects if her/his hands are primary support
2-4-8 By deleting this rule from the 2011 rules book, the rule no longer requires the spotter to have her/his hands extended toward the top person
2-4-6e Stipulates that a spotter’s hands cannot be behind her/his back
2-4-8 Specifies that a spotter is required for single base shoulder level stunts
2-5 Adds a new section on inversions which includes some existing rules that have been moved into this section and some sections that are new
2-6-4 Stipulates the requirements that must be met when moving a top person from a vertical position to a face-up or face-down horizontal position
2-6-11 Specifies limited situations where single base extended stunts are allowed and the requirements for cradle dismounts from those stunts
2-6-12 Stipulates that partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm are allowed only on specified surfaces
2-7-2 Specifies that basket tosses, elevator tosses and other similar multi-base tosses are allowed only on specified surfaces
2-6-4c By deleting this rule from the 2011 rules book, a release twist during a quick toss is allowed on any appropriate surface
2-7-4c Stipulates that the bases on a quick toss can apply upward force on any part of the body other than under the feet
2-6-7b By deleting this section of the rules from the 2011 rules book, bases are allowed to move as specified in rule 2-7-7e.
2-7-7e Specifies that both the top person and the base(s) may make up to a ¼ turn in a release transition stunt
2-8-5 Allows swinging stunts to begin from below shoulder height
2-9-8 Specifies that twists to a cradle can involve no more than one complete rotation eliminating double-downs
2-10-6 Specifies the surfaces on which airborne twisting tumbling skills are permitted
2-10-1 This redundant statement was deleted from the 2011 rules book as it is covered in other rules
2-11-1 Restates rule 2-9-8 which eliminates double-downs
3-4-1b Specifies the limited situations where inverted dismounts from props are allowed

http://www.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=6821
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Looks like they are making quite a few changes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Glad to hear that someone finally woke up to the "me and my four and no more" belief of KAPOS. It has went down hill for several years. Just because a team has been a good team in the past does not mean they are always the better team. However, the powers that be in KAPOS just could'nt understand that. Maybe, KHSAA can get things back on track for all teams that want to compete. So many teams would not compete because of the "I take care of my own" mentality of KAPOS. Has went down hill since Sorace took over. Good Luck to all teams who work hard and want a fair shake. Hope you get it.
Actually all of the changes listed were made by the National High School Federation of Cheerleading which governs cheerleading rules across the country. KHSAA follows all of the NHSF guidelines. KHSAA's changes mainly deal with participation by high schools and how the teams are split into 5 divisions in the Small Category (1A,2A,3A schools) and 5 divisions in the Large Category (4A,5A,6A schools), Traditional is no longer a division. All schools MUST participate in a KHSAA Competition or they can not compete in a competition outside of the state. They no longer are called a squad, they are referred to as a Team under KHSAA rules.
^That puts things on a more level playing field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Pirate Pal Wrote:Actually all of the changes listed were made by the National High School Federation of Cheerleading which governs cheerleading rules across the country. KHSAA follows all of the NHSF guidelines. KHSAA's changes mainly deal with participation by high schools and how the teams are split into 5 divisions in the Small Category (1A,2A,3A schools) and 5 divisions in the Large Category (4A,5A,6A schools), Traditional is no longer a division. All schools MUST participate in a KHSAA Competition or they can not compete in a competition outside of the state. They no longer are called a squad, they are referred to as a Team under KHSAA rules.

Glad to see Traditional gone. Those teams who compete in Tradtional, I feel are teams who are too week to compete in a 2 1/2. It takes one tough team to complete a 2 1/2. Those teams work their butts off practicing and competing with a 2 1/2. Also glad that ALL teams must compete in their own state competition before they can go anywhere else. Hope KHSAA does not follow the past of KAPOS who showed alot of favoritism.
Bubbles Wrote:Glad to see Traditional gone. Those teams who compete in Tradtional, I feel are teams who are too week to compete in a 2 1/2. It takes one tough team to complete a 2 1/2. Those teams work their butts off practicing and competing with a 2 1/2. Also glad that ALL teams must compete in their own state competition before they can go anywhere else. Hope KHSAA does not follow the past of KAPOS who showed alot of favoritism.

traditional works hard to! there are a lot of teams around the state that dont have anyone that teaches gymnastics in their area and its to expensive to take 20 something girls once a week to a town that has a gym they can be trained at. so it allows those schools to be able to compete. also i have been to several competitions and traditional has always been one of my favorites to watch! i like the pom routine.